am I a bad person?

Khrissetti

So I'm at a party for a friend of my girlfriend and I find my mind drifting from the endless small talk to wondering how to build my next kerbal space station?

Has anybody else experienced this or am I just a bad person? :D

This is one of the many side effects of too much KSP. Other symptoms include seeing things from it everywhere like Jeb in a crowd or a fuel tank by a railway and using KSP terminology in real life like wondering how much Delta-V you have and whether that is enough to get to your house.

I could hardly sleep last night because I was up until about 7-8am using RCS thrusters to bring a tug back from the Mun. When it was over and I went to try and get some sleep, all I could think about was how to redesign the ship to have better dV so it doesn't get stranded again.

So no, you're not a bad person for having KSP on the brain. I'm sure a lot of the dedicated players think about it throughout the day.

This is one of the many side effects of too much KSP

I think it's the other way around. It is a side effect of having a girlfriend. :D She will want to do things together. And one of those things is attend to social events such as parties, weddings, baptisms and the like. :)

The opposite, for some reason, doesn't normally happen. Men don't always expect women to go to where they want to, in fact in many occasions they don't want them to come along. :D

PS: I wonder why I'm still single. :rolleyes:

Haha love that I'm not the only one. I'm pretending to care about weddings and colours or something. All I can think of is how many launches I need to finish the station. Hmm if I launched the Combs module attached to the fuel module... No! Concentrate on tedious social blather...

Khrissetti, you're not a bad person. You were putting your brain to better use than trying to keep up with party small talk of how much a @%$!*^@# Justin Beiber really is.

Sometimes when I'm out with not so fun people. Or just really bored I start doodling new Kerbal ideas. I work in a venue and a few days ago we had a quite evening so I doodled a new space station. It was the first time I ever thought about the different modules before I started building. The station is now about 50% done and is living quite up to the doodles I made :) .

That's me--all day today I've been distracted by how to get my interplanetary mission to Moho. On paper I have enough delta-v, but I'm worried that there won't be enough to circularize after the inclination change. I was debating on whether to send up a refueling tanker along with the interplanetary ship, swap out drive stages, etc... Needless to say, I'm not one for small talk at the moment :P

If it gets bad, take a break for a bit. You don't want to become so obsessed it harms your life and relationships. Otherwise, it's not an uncommon syptom. I spend much of highschool daydreaming/planning my city in simcity 4 rush hour (which was heavily modded), and a lot of first year uni planing out parts of my rail network for Kuju rail simulator. KSP has been the most recent one in quite a line for me.

Creative computer games are one of the most engaging forms of entertainment available.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.