Show off your B9 Designs!

Oh yes I did... :wink:

Antonov 225 Replika. A KSP replika of the largest transport aircraft in the world, and one of my favorites.

Ship Name: Antonov An-225R Mriya

Type: Transport Aircraft (Atmospheric)

Mods: B9 Aerospace Pack / Mechjeb

Description: Jet Transport Aircraft

6 CF34 Turbofan Engines w/ Reverse Thrust

Max Thrust: 1000 kN (225,000 lbs. of thrust)

Max Cruise Speed: 230 m/s (~520 mph)

Flight Ceiling: 11,000 meters (~40,000 ft)

Fuel Capacity: 5,920 units

Range: ~9,000 kilometers

Wingspan: 85 meters

Length: 110 meters

Vessel Mass: 76.07 tonnes (167,705.64 lbs.) w/o shuttle

wzwPp2J.jpg

FoZZcVk.jpg

yZ3ASN9.jpg

I've been fascinated by Soviet Aerospace lately, here is one of the fruits of my interest. Enjoy :cool:. This is a replika of the massive Antonov An-225 Mriya carrier aircraft that the Soviet Space Program used to transport their space shuttle (Buran) from the high tech factories outside of Moscow where it was assembled, to the Baikonur Cosmodrome, the Soviet launch site and space center in the high deserts of Kazakhstan. Designed by the Soviet Union's Antonov Design Bureau in the 1980's, it remains the largest aircraft in the world.

iXqPb2K.jpg

An-225 with it's iconic down sloped wing and split rudders.

cPuqpNg.jpg

A Night Shot.

DLTe2r3.png

The Antonov An-225 Mriya (Ukrainian: ÃÂýтþýþò ÃÂý-225 ÃτۄЄÂ, Dream, NATO reporting name: "Cossack") is a strategic airlift cargo aircraft, designed by the Soviet Union's Antonov Design Bureau in the 1980s. The An-225's name, Mriya (ÜрiÑÂ) means "Dream" (Inspiration) in Ukrainian. It is the largest airplane in the world; it is the heaviest aircraft with a maximum takeoff weight of 640 tonnes and the biggest heavier-than-air aircraft in terms of length and wingspan in operational service. The single example built so far currently bears the civil registration UR-82060 of its Ukranian operator.[1]

The Antonov An-225, originally developed specifically to transport the Buran spaceplane, was an enlargement of the successful Antonov An-124. The first An-225 was completed in 1988 and a second An-225 has been partially completed. The completed An-225 is in commercial operation with Antonov Airlines carrying oversized payloads.[2] It holds the absolute world records for an airlifted single item payload of 189,980 kilograms (418,834 pounds),[3][4] and an airlifted total payload of 253,820 kilograms (559,577 pounds).[5][6] It has also transported a payload of 247,000 kilograms (545,000 pounds) on a commercial flight. - Wikipedia

Here's the craft file if you're interested: http://www./download/rpbat5ixhpwotyd/Antonov_225R.craft

- Taking off can be a little challenging, but once airborne she is a breeze to fly.

- Take off instructions

Engage brakes, engines on / throttled to max. Disengage brakes, speed to the end of the runway. The airplane WILL NOT take off when it reaches the end of the runway (Do Not Panic), pitch up and keep going. When the terrain starts sloping downward towards the beach, the aircraft will begin to "hop up". Only at this point do you stage, engaging the RATO (rocket assisted take off) and continue to pitch upwards. After a second or two the plane will lift off. Lift off should occur ~30 meters from the sea, off of the runway. Take off is a bit challenging at first, but once mastered, the plane can easily take flight both safely and consistently. Once airborne she is a pleasure to fly.

- Landing is simple, just remember SHE IS NOT A GLIDER, lower thrust under 30% at your own risk. Line up and ease your way down. Powered landings are smooth, and the gear is sufficient to handle the weight and shock. Once you touchdown engage thrust reverse and come to a smooth stop.

Edited by Chimochay

Pretty trippy plane! Looks like it might be some fun to fly too.

Also, the forums use BBCode, so to post an image, enclose your image link in %7Boption%7D tags. :)

Sweet thank you.. I will start doing it that way.. And yes it is very fun to fly.. fast and agile.

The Kondor project started when TheWinterOwl said that he would be impressed if one could make a 60 ton to LKO SSTO Spaceplane.

I then proceeded really overbuild the plane:

jVBwzCF.jpg

It can easily transport 100 tons into LKO with about 1400 DV to spare.

If 20 spare tons of fuel are brought up with a 80 ton payload, the Kondor should be able to easily bring the payload to Duna and return empty.

Built using B9 Aerospace, KWRocketry, Pwings, and Mechjeb

Can we have a .craft file? That thing is really, really cool!

Warbird MKI. There's a cookie for anyone who knows what the name was inspired by. I got her to Duna after refueling in orbit... managed to make a nice new shiny crater after having the astonishing realization that "atmosphere" does not in fact mean oxygen.

1024x640.resizedimage

1024x640.resizedimage

I've been building my own Shuttle program similar to the capabilities of the real one. B9 pack allows me to have a cargo hull for 2m pieces and a sleak looking Shuttle without using 1:1 Shuttle model, but actually design one by myself.

Kerbal Transportation System comprises of (currently) 4 Orbiters. Asterion, Basilisk, Charon and Damocles. They are almost identical, except Charon is the heavy lifter with powerful, efficient but very expensive Ocelot II engines that I need to take good care of. "Damocles" was built to replace Basilisk after it was almost completely destroyed on ill fated landing. Basilisk however flies again, but not on high-importance missions. I have also built addition equipment like the Crane for taking crew into the orbiter on pad, the mobile stairs, and Astrovans to drive Kerbals around KSC

I have also logged my missions onto this Spreadsheet

"Asterion" on launch pad just before KTS-5 the first successful launch after test flights. Note the old asparagus booster launcher. It could carry just 4 tonnes max:

2LGSTON.jpg

Releasing 2 cubesats from Asterion's hull on KTS-10 mission. Also visible are 3 Munseeker satellites that were going to be launched successfully to Mun orbit:

bBVG8Y6.jpg

"Asterion" lands after KTS-10 and is welcomed by ground crew:

d5ehkDH.jpg

"Asterion" docked to my first space station "Ginevre SS" on KTS-7. You can see robotic arm being tested with a tug on the end.

na8fNjX.jpg

The specialized crane for getting Kerbals into the orbiter. It's cool, but takes a lot of time so now I prefer using "crew manifest"

MeXAhkM.jpg

1Iruda4.jpg

"Basilisk" lands at KSC.

3aMsRko.png

Engine inspection after flight. All OK

T5dEwwE.jpg

After moving to 0.20 I redesigned the shuttles, Here you can see the first flight of "Damocles" (KTS-15) with a new arm attaching a tug to Horizon-2, my take on ISS

VGGsMte.jpg

Horizon-2, my take on ISS being built in orbit with Damocles attached

gSxivJz.jpg

KTS-16 Basilisk uses it's arm to attach the new truss segments

GXd9zpP.jpg

My most recent mission was to bring the first solar panel using "Asterion" on KTS-18

Nvofk3Z.jpg

Asterion on launch pad. This is the new launch configuration that avoids lag by not having 50 parts like the first one, it uses long burning KW-rocketry SRB-s and two tanks. It also has an internal tank built in the hull for the orbit insertion.

Jv6AWpp.jpg

0eXKLwq.png

Here is the new and improved Von KerbinDorff rigid balloon. Additions since the last verion...

uM2izG5.jpg

Added a third balloon, set up propellers for reverse and forward. Increased the cargo bays to four from two and used the ones with door covers. Installed railings inside the passenger areas

Alacrity Fitz

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.