Show off your B9 Designs!

:( I came into this thread to post my replica, but it looks like I showed up too late...

fCuWcKU.jpg

Substituted the weapons with jet engines.

Hold on, there are people making Star Citizen ships in-game already?! And to think I only tried to make a 300i about a week ago :D

If anyone manages an Idris, I'll be impressed, but for now, I may try to recreate my Aurora LX :P

My latest design, the "Dragonfly" VTOL:

y7Wrr9e.png

YEDumwx.png

OBBcKRn.jpg

It took several hours, but I managed to perfectly center the craft. She's got an operational ceiling of around 12 km, and she can easily cross the planet with fuel to spare. Not only that, but it's tweaked so that you can land at a moment's notice.

U0TsJUo.png

Holy mother of gawd indeed - it works dude! I love it (additional info, it needs Quantum Struts as well)

Looked really wonky on takeoff but two extra struts sorted that out - it can actually land as well, at which point I spied that the back two wheels are off centre - (it looks like a wobbly shopping trolley on landing!) nonetheless, 3 wheels is all I needed! It survived re-entry without flipping out, and delivered its cargo, with enough fuel to spare at all stages.

Thanks for sharing dude, its been nothing but backflips for my attempts at a balanced cargo plane on re-entry. Using your's from now on!

This is my Interplanetary Ship whit the B9 Struts

hope you guys Like it

Take Off with the Energia Soviet Rocket

http://i.imgur.com/4mEjm7t.png

after separation of the second Energia stage

http://i.imgur.com/ISiQDOu.png

Liberation the lift engine

http://i.imgur.com/liEtOtb.png

final design with nuclear engine, ready to go.

Dragoon as a Lander.

http://i.imgur.com/wXgaOrJ.png

:cool:

Jeb Like it

Since the announcement of .21, I've bricked my space program and decided to work on some fun atmospheric stuff. In this case, some replica(-ish) versions of real life fighters and X-planes. Most of them are still very much WIP for various reasons, but here's what I have so far.

Side note: I'm using FAR and DRE (among others)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The F-15/ACTIVE is by far my favorite. It's the most maneuverable jet I've made and can pull off a variety of variations of Pugachev's Cobra maneuver (although with DRE I learned to remove the missiles before attempting as they don't take too well to the g-forces), as well as being able to take some pretty harsh landings in stride.

EDIT: Two questions for you guys as well: I fly with a 360 controller, is there any way to map camera rotation to the right stick? Second, I saw a near perfect F-16 cockpit somewhere on the forums here a while back, anybody know where it's from? I thought it was SFR's but it ain't in any of his threads.

Edited by espm400

eRMzbuM.jpg

xF5jawL.jpg

5Bjo6AA.png

This is my KC-1 Leviathan prototype. Initial flight went fantastically, the plane is capable of going well above 1000 m/s, typically maxing out at around 1700 m/s at ~23,000 meters on jet engines. Switching the Sabre engines to LFO gets me up to orbit with quite a bit of fuel to spare. It's got two large cargo bays, and I believe it could possibly take up stock jumbo fuel tanks into orbit (though they may need to tap into their cargo's fuel a little bit,) though my tests have since come to a halt due to a bug in my Sabre intakes that locks them up in flight and closes two of the three sets of two, but this problem only seems to afflict the tanker version, which is outfitted with the jumbo tanks.

Still, immensely proud of this plane, it was my first successful space-plane and first successful SSTO that I designed and built. Valuable experience, and hopefully, a good transport for parts of my under-construction space station.

eRMzbuM.jpg

xF5jawL.jpg

5Bjo6AA.png

This is my KC-1 Leviathan prototype. Initial flight went fantastically, the plane is capable of going well above 1000 m/s, typically maxing out at around 1700 m/s at ~23,000 meters on jet engines. Switching the Sabre engines to LFO gets me up to orbit with quite a bit of fuel to spare. It's got two large cargo bays, and I believe it could possibly take up stock jumbo fuel tanks into orbit (though they may need to tap into their cargo's fuel a little bit,) though my tests have since come to a halt due to a bug in my Sabre intakes that locks them up in flight and closes two of the three sets of two, but this problem only seems to afflict the tanker version, which is outfitted with the jumbo tanks.

Still, immensely proud of this plane, it was my first successful space-plane and first successful SSTO that I designed and built. Valuable experience, and hopefully, a good transport for parts of my under-construction space station.

Well done Dude that looks awesome

Thank you! Kerbals are aspiring to be inspiring with spirelike stations so both names are ok :wink:. I used wayland 20m station ring to lower partcount (building ring from trusses would be hell...). Smaller rings were made around 2m->3m adapter plate. No Lags on my computer :cool: and three docking ports mean that its not only monument of kerbal engineering but its also useful.

EDIT: Next time I'll built something bigger but now I'm waiting till 0.21

Edited by Armokh

Taxi'ed my very small fleet onto a grassy knoll next to the runway for a family group shot.

I'll let you guess which is which:

AX-100 "Sol" solar-powered plane

AX-120 "Zephyr" airship

AX-220 "Serenity" mini-VTOL

AX-400 "Shadow" stealth drone

SX-140 "Glacier" SSTO

m3bMM9U.jpg

I hate making planes. They never work. But just this once, everything went perfectly. I present to you all the GFS Spitter, a superbly stable craft with very high maneuverability and an operating ceiling of 24km at 1400 m/s. This craft is airborne before 30 m/s when unburdened, and capable of 250 m/s at sea level. This craft comes loaded with two "bombs" (drop tanks) by default, which are inline with the plane's unloaded center of mass, allowing them to be dropped without altering flight characteristics.

This is honestly the most stable craft I have yet seen, let alone built. It is capable of flying sever times the distance between KSC and the dirt runway without touching the controls, and requires no trim. (though of course later in flight it may be useful to shift fuel to maintain optimal balance)

My favorite thing about this plane though is that it is so stable that (though still in .20) the control surfaces hardly move when SAS is on, a first for any plane I've yet seen.

Spaceport Download Page

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.