Show off your B9 Designs!

My Collosus Class Interpenetrate Orbiter. Gets to a circular 90km orbit with 3832m/s of dV, a TWR of 1.22 on Kerbins Surface and massing 126 tonnes. Soon to set of to Jool with a crew of 8.

xF2oNQv.jpg

pRiuUEM.png

My Collosus Class Interpenetrate Orbiter. Gets to a circular 90km orbit with 3832m/s of dV, a TWR of 1.22 on Kerbins Surface and massing 126 tonnes. Soon to set of to Jool with a crew of 8.

"Interpenetrate"??? No! Don't stab it into Jool! You'll destroy all kerbal life as they know it!

2001-a-space-odyssey-pic-001_0f16.jpg

"My god...."

don't interpenetrate Uranus!!!

I think this counts. Uses a number of B9 parts. I'm planning on taking the grand tour with this ship after it's refueled enough to make the Mun:

(click for full size)

s6w.png

Going into this design I wanted the craft to:

Launch as one ship with booster stages.

Lander with at least half the capacity of the IP stage, for ease of refueling.

Reusable rover attached to the lander.

I think I've accomplished what I set out to do, though the real test will be the tons of use it'll see in the grand tour.

The design is somewhat inspired by Katateochi's grand tour vehicle, which is on YouTube.

Planning on making a grand tour thread with piles of pictures in the next day or two. :)

Edited by Immashift

The no middle seats airlines Jumbo Airliner! With ability to hold 35 kerbals (including pilots and stewardess), you can take your kerbals all across the world!

ilSrqnm.png

Cruising at about 39,00 feet. Take off is quite painless, but you may want to be careful as the structural panels may hit the ground, but i only had that happen once.

4DDCYau.png

Woah, an Origin 300i! How well does it fly?

P-wings I suppose, but is there any control surfaces?

It flies quite well, hahaha I expected it to fold in half and burn or something but it does ok.

The control surfaces are hidden by clipping them inside the wings, (so as not to ruin the shape). They're still there, just hiding :P

I've always loved the high gull-wing type of wing design (B-25, for example) so I wanted to build my own version for KSP, the MC-100 series! The factory decided to crank out a few for the military, but she mostly serves in my program in her Kethane Tanker and Personnel Carrier iterations.

oyEBgWah.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/cGAPq#oyEBgWa

^^album

Edited by KinkyFerrets

I'm back and now I bring you my first SSTO (and it doesnt suck :P ), although it likes crashing on the runway XD

WRXz0hZ.png

2oiin4f.png

It's called the Beagle X (idk why I put it as that)

oh and I know I spammed the intakes, buuut its the only way to get this flying pile o' junk into space :D

I've always loved the high gull-wing type of wing design (B-25, for example) so I wanted to build my own version for KSP, the MC-100 series! The factory decided to crank out a few for the military, but she mostly serves in my program in her Kethane Tanker and Personnel Carrier iterations.

oyEBgWah.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/cGAPq#oyEBgWa

^^album

What kinda wings you usin?

Here's a few of my recent B9 Vehicles.

The UO-1 "Dogolpon" spaceplane (yet to make it into space...)

Still in testing, unstable at high altitudes (excellent for safe spaceplanes :D

screenshot289_zpsf6a8092c.png

screenshot301_zps7dac4216.png

screenshot290_zps3324b556.png

Second is the KF-4 "classified name" jet.

I made this as a simple, fun jet for flying practice and Kerbin exploration (figured i need to build a plane before i try a spaceplane... the whole walk before run thing). Also as a bonus, it turned out to be wicked fast and very stable.

Jeb and Bill are currently attempting to circumnavigate Kerbin in a prototype.

screenshot252_zps966a7d60.png

screenshot263_zpsb6c4e862.png

screenshot271_zpsc6c2631c.png

It really lives up to its name.

Also, my hugely successful "Dreadnaught" cargo plane

screenshot247_zps3d40dd73.png

Here's an Aeris 3A... IN SPAAAAAAAAAAACE.....

y34y.png

3yh7.png

dlaq.png

3i2.png

I was messing around with the stock aeris, and realized that a single saber and a few intakes will make this thing sail like a bullet into orbit. So I made a sort of utility version. Engine is modular using Fustek CBM docking ports (they're very compact next to standard clamps), and has rover wheels at the nose, so when front gear is raised, rover wheels contact the ground and can move the plane (tested to about 20m/s on Kerbin).

Idea is to land vertically, retract two of the landing legs, fall onto the wheels, and roam around. Power comes from a single RTG. I removed the .6 tons of solar panels and the 1.2 tons of ion drive gear that was just exchanging LFO deltaV for ion deltaV. Was also gimping its ability to get to orbit. It now has a comfortable margin of error, and can maneuver around to dock/exchange engine modules.

Also, what are the black panels from in this?

GNWkAaR.jpg

Edited by Immashift

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.