Customizable Mission Flags

jfjohnny5

I don't know if you received my private message, but I sent you one about making a generator out of this, like with the ribbons

I see it now. :) I just replied (I think). But yes, you have my permission to include these in your flag generator. Just drop me a credit for the artwork.

More great work, and makes it effortless for anyone without having to mess with layers and precise positioning :)

One question/possible critique - could you make the Orbital Stripe a separate yes/no option from the others? Most of the times, it fits, but not so well (IMO) with the Base icon (which doesn't orbit, it just sits there :) ); on the other hand, some might like it just as you have it now.

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion: might it be possible to have an "unlocked" mission flag generator, that allows you to arbitrarily combine bodies? For example, a mission flag with a large Kerbin and a small Duna, showing mighty Kerbin's conquest of the red planet. The current set-up also makes sense, so should probably be toggle-able.

Just want to say I think these flags are amazing. If it's alright with you, jfjohnny5, I'd like to use the Kerbin flag as part of my new 'Mission Logs' thread as the flag of my fictional United Kerbin States. I will totally link back to this thread and give you credit for it naturally.

• 2 weeks later...

Your work is great, jfjohnny5! I use it every launch, the cartoony style is just amazing and fits well with the game graphics.

Can I ask you to give me permission to use some of your icons in a non-profit project that I'm working on? Its a free online visual Portuguese-English dictionary being built by the translation company where I work. I specifically want to use the Kerbin, Mun and the probe icon to illustrate both entries for Periapsis and Apoapsis.

I will make sure to give you the proper credits.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

These are really nice, but the examples are in 512 x 320, whereas the blank flags that are given to work with are in 256 x 160. Is there a place I can find the blank flags in a larger resolution? I love the style used on these but the small flags get all pixelated when I scale them up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow this awesome

edit: i have a simple suggestion, I would like to "add a text option" in the website tool http://ribbons.cgagnier.ca/ so I can add text to the flags. that way I can really differentiate the missions (e.g. I have multiple probe missions to Mun and It would be cool to add a text like "Mun-01" to it and then another text like "Mun-01" to the second one!)

I'm bad at editing so I don't know how to add the text beautiful to the flags If I'm going to do them myself ;.;

Edited by lyndonguitar

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.