On the 0.21 Update News: Your most anticipated new feature, your disappointments...

rodion_herrera

I am disappointed that there is not only no fix for, but no mention of a potential future fix for, ladders. I crashed a kerbal a continent away from the KSC, and sent another kerbal out to rescue him; but now they are both stuck, because of the ladder bug. Below is an illustration of mine explaining exactly what is wrong with ladders. Does anyone know if there are currently plans in place to fix this issue?

Not sure if it is a priority but you can get around it by using the small ladder pieces and placing them at an angle thus extending the main ladder so the kerbals stop climbing while on the platform. I always test my ladders on the ground before launching anywhere to be sure they can return after planting flags.

Not sure if it is a priority but you can get around it by using the small ladder pieces and placing them at an angle thus extending the main ladder so the kerbals stop climbing while on the platform. I always test my ladders on the ground before launching anywhere to be sure they can return after planting flags.

Although that's partially true, we really shouldn't have to come up with these abnormal/unrealistic ladder climbing mechanisms just to make a Kerbal get on top of something. The climbing mechanic should be fixed.

Unicycles operate by shifting the CoM in proportion to the velocity vector.

No CoM Shifting, no Unicycles... sorry ;p

Well actually, if the CoM was above the wheel, wouldn't it still work?

Well actually, if the CoM was above the wheel, wouldn't it still work?

It is about balance not statics, the CoM has to change to be further back the faster you go further.

I'm sad, but not surprised, that the resource system got pushed back.

Stop saying this. They never got pushed back.

I was really looking forward to resources and it got pushed back. And now again it's pushed back.

Go find me where they announced the release date, or even implied when resources would be coming out. Then we can see how far they've been "pushed back".

Edited by Person012345

Personally I'm hyped for crew management (for it itself, but also as it's the first foundations of career mode) and for fixing the ASAS (yay no more ASAS shaking huge rockets apart and now maybe I'll be able to build a plane that actually flies \o\)

The ASAS system. I saw the video... DO WANT. It both helps stabilize attitude very smoothly and conservatively on fuel, and allows manuel attitude adjustments while activated. This is a huge boon for all heavy ships, especially in docking maneuvres, where ASAS currently likes to blow out RCS fuel left and right for attitude stabilization that could have been done with a fraction of the fuel, or even just the capsule's torque.

This!

I'm looking forward to being able to add RCS to my heavy lifter in order to give it better handling. Right now, I don't dare add anything because the SAS would waste it all in the first minute. But now, hopefully, I can safely add a few RCS thrusters and actually be able to turn my heavy-pig of a launcher.

>inb4 .21 comes out on July 4th.

Somebody sig this for when it happens.

Ow please I hope this is correct. I have a huge interplanetary vessel waiting in Kerbin LKO destined for Duna, but with all the different command pods it is wobble-mania and tomorrow night is Kerbal Night :D

you're getting it, just not right now. Patience

I know you are concerned, but we love to rush because even if it is in quality assurance phase, we want it before the end of second week(I guarantee that if there's few bugs unattended, it will delay the release of new update).

What the F**K!!!! Somebody uploaded the picture of new Space Center, and it's so cool and you know what's cool, there will be few new parts. However, I'm started to get bored(combined with frustrations) when I realize that career is less developed(I wanna check it out), ASAS overcompensation worsens with RCS and gimbaled engines, and the inability to select crew or make uncrewed command module(I hope that when this feature is available in new update, I will make command module uncrewed).

And we still all have the fear that the game would be much laggier than 0.20 due to higher-detailed VAB and SPH and other whatnots...

I believe it was confirmed in another thread that the new models are not resource intensive enough for you to have a notable degradation in performance. Better textures don't always equal more expensive textures.

Unless of course you're running on an Apple II or something.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.