[1.1.3] Large Structural Components [24th August 2016]

Docking Sr's are crap in general. Use Quad or tri coupler regular docking ports and some patience to get them all to hook together in space (may require a LOT of launches)... or alternatively modify the fuel tank part.cfg so it has no fuel in it and is a whole lot lighter (and easier to launch).... which is what I do.

Also you really don't need quantum struts with the tabs. The tabs are amazing with normal struts.

Quad or triple docking port configurations are fine if its strictly structural, but they don't cross feed fuel without extra fuel lines bypassing the splitters.

Structural tabs without quantum struts,, what's the point? With stock struts you can place them internally so you won't see the struts at all. If you want the grey look you can use the strut guns from the quantum strut pack. They have the same function as quantum strut except they have metallic grey beams instead of blue.

As for editing part cfg's, it's a single player game and everyone can play how they like, but where's the engineering challenge in making everything easy??

Well I decided to build a colony lander to use on Duna and your mods seem the best to use with a mixture of other mods from other players

Warning Image Heavy and this sucker is nuclear

I give you the Duna Behemoth

2L72fPN.jpg

yUzvrYz.jpg

35uaAiE.jpg

QUG2tG6.jpg

wX6WUKW.jpg

Thanks for all your efforts wouldnt have been possible without your parts

Edited by Virtualgenius

• 3 weeks later...
Are there anymore station parts coming out its been very quiet of late

Last Activity: 12th July 2013 12:52

Quiet... No sh-t Sherlock... Yeah he said:

I have taken a well-earned break from all things computer games, as I do a degree in the subject as well as this. I will be producing more parts soon, don't worry.

Here he said soon... He also said soon here:

I am still working on the plugin at the moment, all is good. Will give another update soon.

Which was almost a month ago.

but just like someone stated

He's been recalled to the mothership due to recent concerns over the security of the landing sites in north eastern Africa.
You'll get that one when you watch the news.

• 2 weeks later...
Beautiful work, but is it compatible with 0.21+? I'd guess so, but never hurts to be sure.

It has no command pods, SAS units, or DLLs, so, yeah... there's nothing in it that would have been made incompatible.

Maybe, just maybe, but would it be appropriate to make the attachments nodes on these thighs... em... large?

It is just a matter of adding ,2 to the line of properties in cfg files... Yes it doesn't affect the strength of connections, but looks nicer :)

I've already done it myself with my parts, but I'm sad that people always ignore this visual feature :(

...Oh, btw, the parts are great!

Maybe, just maybe, but would it be appropriate to make the attachments nodes on these thighs... em... large?

It is just a matter of adding ,2 to the line of properties in cfg files... Yes it doesn't affect the strength of connections, but looks nicer :)

I've already done it myself with my parts, but I'm sad that people always ignore this visual feature :(

...Oh, btw, the parts are great!

Would you mind posting a pic of the difference that makes?

Would you mind posting a pic of the difference that makes?

I don't have a picture of it, but it's the difference between the big green ball and the regular size green ball when adding parts in the VAB. I think you can see the difference in the 2.5 to 1.25m adapter piece, one side has the regular (size 1) node and the other has the large (size 2) node.

I don't have a picture of it, but it's the difference between the big green ball and the regular size green ball when adding parts in the VAB. I think you can see the difference in the 2.5 to 1.25m adapter piece, one side has the regular (size 1) node and the other has the large (size 2) node.

I mean the difference the node size makes to the appearance of the part.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.