Can you calibrate the Dragon software to work with KSP?

Themohawkninja

I've been wondering for a long time now. Is it possible to calibrate the Dragon speech recognition software so that when you are in KSP and say (for example) "stage", your craft stages?

As far back as 1998, in my experience, Dragon Dictate was already a formidable and powerful dictation and hands-off computing tool--as early as back then, I was already using it in my classes when I used to teach in university. So I am willing to bet that its latest versions can and will be able to control most aspects of KSP using voice commands.

Use the voice of the guy who narrates the NASA launches :)

I think you miss the objective of the OP--he doesn't want chatter, he wants to control KSP with his OWN voice, using Dragon. i.e. he says something like "gear" and the gear will retract or extend, or as he said, "stage" and the staging occurs.

I think you miss the objective of the OP--he doesn't want chatter, he wants to control KSP with his OWN voice, using Dragon. i.e. he says something like "gear" and the gear will retract or extend, or as he said, "stage" and the staging occurs.

I know, just that it would be awesome to have a narration of a KSP launch.

Shouldn't be too difficult, just need a utility that maps recognized words to keyboard presses.

That's why I asked, since I was thinking the same thing. I just don't know if Dragon has a nice little calibration application, or if you have to go into the code and hack it.

it would be great if in the config file (this is me assuming it comes with one, I do not use dragon) there was an option that allowed you to map certain spoken words to key strokes. that way you can even vocally activate your action groups

It is certainly posible to map voice commands to KSP controls, but the demo I have written is no where near ready for release. There is nothing more satisfying than saying "activate" and seeing your solar panels extend.

It is certainly posible to map voice commands to KSP controls, but the demo I have written is no where near ready for release. There is nothing more satisfying than saying "activate" and seeing your solar panels extend.

I dearly hope you plan on releasing this plugin for us plebes who cannot write our own code to use, voice commands on KSP would be so spectacularly novel, I could see myself trying to fly completely keyboardless (I'd call it the "Look Ma, no hands! Challenge")

me: "Main Engine Ignition! Launch!"

Computer: "I'm afraid I can't do that."

me: "What's the problem?"

Computer: "This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it."

me: "All right, I'll just use the emergency manual override."

Computer: "Without remembering the keymapping anymore? You're going to find that rather difficult."

me: "Sonaofa..."

####

Hey, somebody had to write it. :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.