Fuel routing/cutoff

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.

I'm working on a do-all lander with a rover and I need to balance the weight of the rover on the other side of the lander, so I built this assembly:

SzndZNP.jpg

The problem with the assembly is that there are some 11 fuel tanks and I want them completely cut off from usage until the rover has been deployed. Is there a stock part I can put somewhere that will accomplish this, or should I resign myself to manually turning on and off each tank as required during the flight?

Thanks.

Edited by regex

Guess the 90 liter tank is to big. How heavy is the rover?

You can make an outrigger with struts, one radical idea is to use one 90 liter tank and put the rover on an outrigger so far it balance the tank this probably make the rover easier to deploy.

You don't want the rest of the craft to use the fuel in those tanks until a time of your choosing, right? Use docking ports to attach that tank array to the body of the craft, then right-click -> "disable crossfeed" on the docking port. Enable crossfeed when you've detached the rover.

You don't want the rest of the craft to use the fuel in those tanks until a time of your choosing, right? Use docking ports to attach that tank array to the body of the craft, then right-click -> "disable crossfeed" on the docking port. Enable crossfeed when you've detached the rover.

They're attached by docking ports already... Maybe the outer tanks weren't draining because they didn't have the fuel hoses to the inner tanks when I tried earlier? This is the latest in a (kind of) long line of iterations and I've kind of lost track of where I've been.

I'll try to refine it based on that, thanks for the hint!

I figured it out, thanks stronget_2hu. I think what happened was the docking port attached to the lander wasn't "seated" in a way that KSP recognized as allowing fuel flow (or it didn't know where to route the fuel) because it's tilted at 10~15deg. Adding a fuel line from the inner docking port to the lander hull allowed me to shut off the outer docking port and cut off the fuel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.