MK4 problem

i try to make a cargo plane and i use mk4 carge and it won't fly one of you have the problem too

i made a lote of plane's but i tink mk 4 is bugged or won't work whit a addon

(sorry for my bad english)

What exactly is the issue? Saying that it won't fly tells us nothing.

Grammar would also help tremendously. Anyway, did you put wings on it? Plus the canards in the front? If you did put both of these you might consider to put more wings on the thing, since it's a cargo plane and all. After that, make sure you're actually going fast enough.

The OP already apologized for his English, so the scolding tone is unnecessary. People, PLEASE remember that a great many players of this game do not come from English-speaking countries, and it takes no extra effort to be welcoming to them.

Well, pictures are the universal language, so we could certainly help better with a couple a' those. :wink:

And yes those pictures could certainly help.

The OP already apologized for his English, so the scolding tone is unnecessary. People, PLEASE remember that a great many players of this game do not come from English-speaking countries, and it takes no extra effort to be welcoming to them.

Buuuuut he could of made an effort or used Google translate.

Oh well, can't do anything about that.

Also, can you explain a little more about the plane not taking off?

Oh well, can't do anything about that.
One thing you could do is refrain from bitching out newbies and our foreign correspondents out of a mis-placed sense of your own superiority and self-righteousness. Before setting yourself as the language arbiter, consider the facts that your own post is missing a comma, and there is no such phrase as "could of" because that is a mis-pronunciation of the proper construction, "could HAVE."

Are you having trouble taking off, flying straight, keeping you nose level during flight or not crashing on landing? And guys, please be more tolerant for others way of speaking.

I had never heard of google translate

i try it now thanks for the info

the plane would not get off the ground

with other aircraft that I make I never a problem

he goes around 140 ms below you see a picture

VIUmAdR.jpg

Currently, KSP wings only generate lift if they have an angle of attack greater than zero, so you can try giving the wings a slight angle-up toward the front, or make the front landing gear longer, and that will help get it off the ground. More/larger control surfaces toward the back might also help, though putting those at the front can cause problems. Once in the air, however, that plane might have stability problems because the center of lift is ahead of the center of mass. That does help get the nose up for takeoff, but tends to KEEP drawing the nose up while you're trying to maintain level flight. It also appears that the center of thrust is slightly above center of mass, which will cause a bit of torque to force the nose down. Try place the engines lower. Last but not least, wheels at the very back become a fulcrum and turn the length of the plane into a lever that presses the nose down. Try moving the back wheels farther forward. Nice-looking plane, though. I'd like to see pics of it from other angles. :)

here a few pictures

after some luck finally got in the air

but then disappeared mk4 and a portion of the plane

then became uncontrollable so I hope you can see in the picture

and if I bring back the wing also help that the ass does not hit the road?

UzUreIc.jpg

oFeef5E.jpg

dUU33DV.jpg

mq8XbWI.jpg

I'm not familiar with the mod parts you're using, but it looks like the center of mass is still a bit ahead of the center of lift, so I'd suggest moving the wings back a bit more, even if that means they extend back past the end of the fuselage. That won't stop the butt from hitting the ground, though, :D for which you'd need to make the landing gear longer, but that's tricky because it tends to make the gear mounts weaker as well, and then you get collapses and veering on the runway. One thing that might be contributing to the loss of control is that fuel tanks in KSP empty at the front of the ship first, so the longer that plane flies, the lighter the nose is going to get. (Assuming the fuselage pieces you're using are the stock kind that double as fuel tanks.) Concentrating the fuel supply in the middle of the plane means less shifting as the fuel is used, which you could do by replacing some of those fuselage/tank pieces with struts or other structural parts.

Edited by Vanamonde

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.