Discussions on the Kerbal Anatomy.

Milo Kurtiss

How do Kerbals reproduce?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How do Kerbals reproduce?

I don't believe in evolution, but I understand what little I could to come up with the theory of how they formed.

In the first few years of the kerbal race, small lizards, started standing on their hind legs, to get low hanging fruit from the trees. After millions of years of doing this, they started standing and walking on their hind legs. Predators brought the new species close to extinction, moving them into caves were the large predators could not go. The predators soon go extinct from hunger, being that their only food supply reclines in caves all their lives. Within the caves, the small kerbals were forced to live off of small amounts of algae, and the little water that trickled into it. It is here in the caves of kerbin, that the kerbals gained their large eyes. The small amount of light that came in forced their eyes to larger sizes, so they can see better. It was not for a million years after this, that kerbals, as we see them now emerged from their caves. In the desert, were they made the great pyramids for a dead ruler, who was sculpted in giant proportions outside of his tomb. But a UFO, that crashed at the north pole, scared the small civilization back into the caves, were they rested for 3,000 years. Soon though, about 2 years ago the young kerbal Jebediah Kerman, stepped out of his small cave, and saw the great stars of the night, he then started the Kerbal space program. Kerbals reproduce by eggs, and because they eat algae, like certain earth reptiles, they actually during times of drought, can do little amounts of photosynthesis, to keep them alive. They live the lives of turtles, and can live for hundreds of years without aging effects which is why they can live for so long on their longer missions to Jool and Eloo.

I change my mind about them being grown from plants. This theory sounds correct in every relevant aspect, though I might debate the timeline.

My theory is that Kerbals ultimate goal is to kill themselves. Here's why: That puff go black smoke when they die are spores being expelled. the spores eventually grow into new kerbals. and then they kill themselves again trying to get to space, thus repeating the cycle.

Their space program is a means of reproduction.

Kerbals evolved originally on Duna, as demonstrated by the copious amounts of evidence for an ancient Kerbal civilisation. Kerbin was a colony settled by two factions of Dunans (KSC1 and KSC2) unfortunately, the atmosphere was not entirely suitable for the Kerbals who had to survive permanantly in spacesuits. Because of the dangers of overpopulation on the new colony, all Kerbin kerbals were sterilised.

The turning point for the Dunans came with the arrival of Ike, a rogue dwarf planet which 'clipped' the planet, stripping it of most of its atmosphere, ravaging the biosphere and driving the Dunan population extinct.

With no more supplies arriving from Duna and limited in their movement because of the poisonous atmosphere, the Kerbin colony began to die, eventually it was realised that they could reproduce through artificial cloning. KSC1 adapted this method and grew, whereas KSC2 was opposed to kerbal cloning in all its forms so their population eventually died off.

Over time they forgot that they were ever from anywhere other than kerbin, but something remained in their ancestral genes which made them gaze up at the night sky and see not nothingness but home. Somehow all kerbals know that they could not have evolved on this poisonous green planet, confined to spacesuits and air-tight buildings (Yes, even the hanger and VAB, which have 'air shields' over the gaps when viewed during construction.)

That's a fantastic theory, Rocketscience101. It's so well set out it could actually be a leaked bit of development lore!
I've always thought they divided like cells, myself. They take the first part of the original's name and apply a new suffix (Lodbart > Lodbart & Lodemone)

Sorry, but that has already happened.

• 2 years later...