KSP on the news

Abhorash

I can't seem to watch the video, when I click on it I just get a black image.;.;

EDIT: Nevermind, It worked on like the 20th try.

EDIT: Wait, now it wont even buffer.:mad:

Oh well, I can't understand Spanish anyways.

Edited by RocketPilot573

For some reason the video on that site won't run for me. Chrome or Firefox. Does anyone have an alternate link? I'd really like to get a look at it.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

Do you have any Add-Ons? Turning NoScript and Ghostery off made it work for me.

Is that from Scott Manley's B9 Aerospace review? xD

"And not only design passenger airplanes, but simulate them as if they were real, to make them safer and more efficent". *VTOL doing a backflip.

No, that is from Scott's second B9 video, which also included lots of AC-130H crashes.

I can almost imagine how it went:

"Ey, U! Whut are yu doin their?"

"(oh. crap! zats ma baus!) I'm... uhhh... designo de rockit to go ta ze Moon..."

"Zat's amazio! Kip ap de hood werk, don' mind if ve felm zis mavelos achivment of supra computa?"

"Yes, yes, ofcusueasua!"

It's clearly a we need some footage of a cgi airplane, check youtube see what you can get.

But interestingly, I'm curious about copyright claims,

That was definitely Scott Manley's footage, so he should have some copyright to it, as well as Squad, and bac9

I'm not saying that it's something they could get money for or anything but would be funny to send a takedown notice.

Why would they use KSP footage for this? I think this was actually from Scott Manley.

Yep, fairly certain that footage was of Scott's take on the B9 Aerospace pack update.

As good some publicity is, that's a bit of a blatant ripoff.

An engineer is quoted as saying that, among other uses, this computer will allow them to simulate manned missions to the moon. "This will make their designs safer and more efficient".Their choice of video footage to accompany this is simply hilarious, and not too reassuring on the "safer" part.

They were referring to commercial airplanes, not moon flights (in the KSP part).

Meh, they use simple cognates which generally sounds as if they're saying:

"China made a computer that is very fast, It is fast, really fast... it can calculate 34 billion calculations per second it is fast... computer is fast... fast... It can be used to calculate scientific stuff cause it is fast... like model a super nova (insert completely random video here), or predict a tsumami (insert another random video here)... The computer is fast, very fast, 34 billion calculations per second fast..."

Does anyone have a transcript?

But interestingly, I'm curious about copyright claims,

That was definitely Scott Manley's footage, so he should have some copyright to it, as well as Squad, and bac9

I thought YouTube stole practically every IP claim when you uploaded to them, (In the claim of "we need this to legally host this video."

Do you have any Add-Ons? Turning NoScript and Ghostery off made it work for me.

Scripts, sure... but I blocked every request my firewall protested about and the video still played. (I only allow port 80 unless I know the site).

It's a little funny because KSP doesn't run on multiple cores at once, so it would run about as well on the biggest supercomputer in the world as on a high-end PC.

It is almost likely to be a VERY single threaded machine. Parallel calculations are generally worthless compared to single threaded calculations... but I don't know anything here

*And nevermind, they seem to really have just duct-taped intel processors together. No real super-semi-conductor processors or quantum-computing... just a couple million computers shoved into a small space.

Edited by Fel

*And nevermind, they seem to really have just duct-taped intel processors together. No real super-semi-conductor processors or quantum-computing... just a couple million computers shoved into a small space.

Most supercomputers work like this.

It's all about the interconnect.

Most supercomputers work like this.

It's all about the interconnect.

But you can get some REALLY COOL semiconductor properties, especially if you bring the temperature down with liquid oxygen. Like MODFETS, they sound really cool and stuff. (It is late, I cannot think).

Thing is, anyone with billions of dollars can go to INTEL and say "we want a million processors"... only SMART people who develop their own super-processors in house with all the latest in semiconductor technology are "news worthy," even if it is slower than a few million processors ductaped together.

(In truth, a GaInAs MODFET operates in the order of 100GHz (not as a cpu, the transistor), where as a GaAs MESFET operates in the 10GHz range... so one would assume that a million of those would still beat China's "dooper" computer)

Edited by Fel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.