[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.21 Discussion thread

blspblackdeath

Really looking forward to the new Space Center buildings, and new interiors. Those teaser images of them were awesome!

Strength in unity, loyalty until death. Not to be off topic but do you play on Conery? look me up CommissarKamsko.

Which is why they're... where now, exactly? Did they sneak them into 0.20? Or the 0.21 patch notes?

If they were even remotely close to ever having been done with them, why would they suddenly just give up on them and move on to some BS astronaut training center garbage?

All indications were that the basic working structure of resources was all but done. Distribution of resources. Parts to detect and gather resources. parts to process resources into fuel.

But resources was going to be a part of a larger "grouping" of features that included buildings and infrastructure. resources were going to provide the materials to build such things. As far as I'm aware only the resources for making fuel was planed for .20... then it got delayed for an unknown reason.

They've been putting off working on the campaign mode for a while. .21 is the first update to really make any progress toward campaign mode. Resources is integral to campaign mode as well just the latter parts of. Just like resources only matter to advanced sand box players. They'll come back to it I'm sure. It's just that resources are not important to either in the early game and important to both in the late stages.

They've spent a lot of time on half the game. Sand box. Now it's time to work on the other half. Campaign. Once both are on par with each other then I think we'll get major work on resources.

Edited by FITorion

All indications were that the basic working structure of resources was all but done. Distribution of resources. Parts to detect and gather resources. parts to process resources into fuel.

But resources was going to be a part of a larger "grouping" of features that included buildings and infrastructure. resources were going to provide the materials to build such things. As far as I'm aware only the resources for making fuel was planed for .20... then it got delayed for an unknown reason.

They've been putting off working on the campaign mode for a while. .21 is the first update to really make any progress toward campaign mode. Resources is integral to campaign mode as well just the latter parts of. Just like resources only matter to advanced sand box players. They'll come back to it I'm sure. It's just that resources are not important to either in the early game and important to both in the late stages.

They've spent a lot of time on half the game. Sand box. Now it's time to work on the other half. Campaign. Once both are on par with each other then I think we'll get major work on resources.

As far as I know the resources system was either delayed so Squad could focus on career mode (which doesn't make sense, you would think that resources would be a huge part of that), it was put off to be later included in an expansion (which also doesn't make much sense because resources sounds like something that would be a core part of the base game), or it was delayed because they wanted to try out smaller, faster updates (which, once again, doesn't make sense because the updates have been smaller but not more frequent).

As far as I know the resources system was either delayed so Squad could focus on career mode (which doesn't make sense, you would think that resources would be a huge part of that), it was put off to be later included in an expansion (which also doesn't make much sense because resources sounds like something that would be a core part of the base game), or it was delayed because they wanted to try out smaller, faster updates (which, once again, doesn't make sense because the updates have been smaller but not more frequent).

they were working on resources. Then they announced only a little... the fuel part would make the update. (.20) Their stated reason was they wanted to focus more on campaign and felt the building of infrastructure was close to being out of scope for the game and was not a core mechanic. then even fuel resource production got cut and we haven't heard anything more about it.

So while you may think "delaying it to focus on campaign" doesn't make sense... that is the reason they have said.

Also a think Harvester was the main guy on resources and he's taking some time off.

But I think this is drifting off the topic of .21...

Edited by FITorion

they were working on resources. Then they announced only a little... the fuel part would make the update. Their stated reason was they wanted to focus more on campaign and felt the building of infrastructure was close to being out of scope for the game and was not a core mechanic. then even fuel resource production got cut and we haven't heard anything more about it.

So while you may think "delaying it to focus on campaign" doesn't make sense... but that is the reason they have said.

I know that it is the reason they have said (in fact all of those reasons came from dev blogs), but I just think that resources need to be in the game before the groundwork for career mode has been made because resources would be critical for career mode.

I suppose...

Crew management is the stepping stone to crew training.

How are we supposed to train our Kerbals to gather resources without... resources? So unless they think it'll be easy to add that later... It would be important to have it in before crew training.

In my opinion, I think the game is fine without mining resources. That just adds more challenge to keeping a colony supplied on another body. If you mine the materials needed, then it makes it a little too easy. And the Kethane mod does a great job of mining anyways. I used to have a Kethan drilling rig, but i got rid of it because there was no longer a reason to use it as my fuel tanks transferred from Kerbin were plenty enough! But the SAS update has been a little late, ever since space stations and docking arrived.

Resources.

Think I'll be disappointed?

Yes, because nobody said that resources would be in .21. Personally, I'm looking forward to multiplayer, weapons and aliens.

Yes, because nobody said that resources would be in .21. Personally, I'm looking forward to multiplayer, weapons and aliens.

Don't forget the new engine either. Also, you're the guy that makes all those awesome tiny flags, right? :D

Personally, I have no idea what's coming in the update. I'm just looking forward to the excitement that comes with finding all those new parts and features through experimenting!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.