[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Oh that? Didn't that come out like, 5 hours after 0.23.5 did? Why are we talking about that now? What's going on? Where am I?

I honestly have no clue, I didn't have this update so I assumed it was the recent one. :)

Ohhh fair enough. Yeah, 23.5 was released while I was at work and by the time I got home, the hotfix (build 464) was already released so when I started Steam, it downloaded that. I suppose it is the recent one, yes.. but in the same way that Jaws: The Revenge is the most recent Jaws film.

In other news, how the fixing coming along?

You need Module Manager then :)

I do use MM for most of the replacements I do. Actually I don't remember what exactly I changed. It may turn out all the things I do are only on MM now, too many mods to keep track of everything

Sirkut,

I did a simple fix on the VTOL by changing the "rotateAxis = 0, -1, 0" to "rotateAxis = -1, 0, 0" on the part.cfg. When I did a test of my fix I found something hiding deeper inside this simple fix. I am sending you a craft file and the part.cfg file for the vtol.

I will not post what I found. I will let you experience it for your self and laugh a bit.

follow this instructions to replicate:

1. launch the autosaved craft with sas on for stability

2. keep engines at full throttle and rotate vtol to over 45 degrees.

3. "wait for surprise"

link to craft file and cfg file for vtol:

http://we.tl/qxh0U1QSgT

Edited by Prowler_x1

Sirkut,

I did a simple fix on the VTOL by changing the "rotateAxis = 0, -1, 0" to "rotateAxis = -1, 0, 0" on the part.cfg. When I did a test of my fix I found something hiding deeper inside this simple fix. I am sending you a craft file and the part.cfg file for the vtol.

I will not post what I found. I will let you experience it for your self and laugh a bit.

follow this instructions to replicate:

1. launch the autosaved craft

2. keep engines at full throttle and rotate vtol to over 45 degrees.

3. "wait for surprise"

link to craft file and cfg file for vtol:

http://we.tl/qxh0U1QSgT

I don't get it.. What happens is precisely what I expected to happen..

you didn't see the engines orbiting the tank like moons? The connection nodes didn't stay put. One of my engines was orbiting further away from the other three. Don't know if that has anything to do with this mod or not but it is odd behavior none the less. The funny thing is that it didn't explode or fly in pieces. "Magical joints".

Don't forget to turn on sas, like me.

Well yeah, but considering the speed, it's hardly surprising! :D That'd happen in the stock game too.

Oh, and in fact, it does happen. Replace the VTOLs with girders (linked here to keep the surprise of your original post)

Nice, so VTOL can be crossed off the list. by the way on the "rotateAxis = 0, -1, 0" to "rotateAxis = -1, 0, 0" you can go with a positive or a negative value depending on preference. Don't know if people prefer one or another more as the default setting. I know you can toggle direction.

Edited by Prowler_x1

Sirkut,

I think in the code there is an "invertsymmetry" set to true instead of false somewhere. I find that 3 out of 4 parts stacked on top of each-other tend to do the opposite of the first part or the origin part.

Yes, I would look into that. All parts behave the same way when stacked on top of each-other. "Couldn't download the source code so excuse me for thinking out loud and blindly". Here's hoping that I'm pointing you in the right direction.

Edited by Prowler_x1

No progress. I'm figuring out some stuff with joints, coordinate systems, etc.

Bummer, sad to hear 0.23.5 caused you such pain!

I'm plowing through tree updates for RPL. I'll use your latest update to place the parts, but as you said I'm assuming in-game functionality is broken. Can the mod still be loaded? (For my TreeEdit purposes) Or do parts don't load due to plugin conflicts?

I'm wishing you best of luck with your investigations!

Love your stuff,

Bummer, sad to hear 0.23.5 caused you such pain!

I'm plowing through tree updates for RPL. I'll use your latest update to place the parts, but as you said I'm assuming in-game functionality is broken. Can the mod still be loaded? (For my TreeEdit purposes) Or do parts don't load due to plugin conflicts?

I'm wishing you best of luck with your investigations!

Love your stuff,

Parts load but act unexpectedly when activated. I am not sure what Sirkut may have planned in a new release, but for now I think your'e safe with the TreeEdit.

Parts load but act unexpectedly when activated. I am not sure what Sirkut may have planned in a new release, but for now I think your'e safe with the TreeEdit.

I'm about to find out, here goes nothing! :D

EDIT: It made my hard drive explode! Nope, just kidding. Seems to be 'working fine' for TreeEdit.

Edited by MedievalNerd

I'm about to find out, here goes nothing! :D

EDIT: It made my hard drive explode! Nope, just kidding. Seems to be 'working fine' for TreeEdit.

Glad TreeEdit is working!

Had little time to work on the plugin today. I'm really perplexed as to why a probecore causes issues and a landercabin it's fine. I looked at physical significance and they both are the same. You can't even to begin to imagine the rage I experience when it works on one but not the other. I am going to stop, get taniwha's contribution pulled in an then revisit getting it working. He's made It possible to support the MODULE format for the plugin which should enable plaintext values instead of the 64bit encoded cdata fields you see in a saved game.

Edited by sirkut

Looking at the squad dll(public members) it seems they added both a "motorizedjoint" and a "joint" partmodule(cant remember the exact names). Dunno if it was added in arm patch or not. Maybe worth looking at. As usual no documentation provided.