[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Sirkut, here's a little video on your honour, and in honour to everyone who has helped maintaining this AWESOME MOD! :D

Dude. You are ridiculous. That was freaking amazing. Thank you.

Did I read that part of his post right? TweakScale? As in, far less part spam?

Indeed you did :D. I have set it so each of the three part sizes are defined using the tweak scale, rather than having duplicates. I can't say it will reduce part spam too much though, as there are a lot of new parts added to this pack (filling roles I felt were missing in the current line-up). So whereas before there were 5 or so rotational parts, there are now 15 (some of these exist due to KSP/Mod limitations though). As such you can think of my work as an expansion as much as it is a remodel :)

Indeed you did :D. I have set it so each of the three part sizes are defined using the tweak scale, rather than having duplicates. I can't say it will reduce part spam too much though, as there are a lot of new parts added to this pack (filling roles I felt were missing in the current line-up). So whereas before there were 5 or so rotational parts, there are now 15 (some of these exist due to KSP/Mod limitations though). As such you can think of my work as an expansion as much as it is a remodel :)

When I think of part spam, I think of having five different versions of the same part for five different sizes. As long as the parts are mostly functionally different (I get that there are KSP limitations with parent/child node attachments), then that's not evil part spam.

Getin a really anoying bug. I built a ISS-alike truss with two docking washers (not the free) to rotate the solar panel trusses. All was working fine as I tested it on the launch pad. So I launched, docked the truss and then I tested it again and some magic set one of them to reverse.

Would be great to be able to set reset reverse in flight. Or simply no automatic changes from the plugin or whatever messed it up.

Getin a really anoying bug. I built a ISS-alike truss with two docking washers (not the free) to rotate the solar panel trusses. All was working fine as I tested it on the launch pad. So I launched, docked the truss and then I tested it again and some magic set one of them to reverse.

Would be great to be able to set reset reverse in flight. Or simply no automatic changes from the plugin or whatever messed it up.

Updated coming out probably _TODAY_ that will fix a lot of issues. Hopefully this one too. You'll have an invert axis tweakable you can toggle while in flight and it will save it's state. It will however _might_ break saves but there is code that will load old encoded legacy saved game data.

Updated coming out probably _TODAY_ that will fix a lot of issues. Hopefully this one too. You'll have an invert axis tweakable you can toggle while in flight and it will save it's state. It will however _might_ break saves but there is code that will load old encoded legacy saved game data.

That sounds great *stops poking the sirkut voodoo doll* :D

It's a KSP build in magic, and changes not only robotic parts symmetry but all ship controls. It depends on which node you control from.

how to set 90 degree hinge in VAB? Only option is full open or full closed

There is no option to do this. It's been suggested many times and when I release the next version I will address these constant questions/feature requests.

The release in the rerelease has been released.

Still .14, he is updating the mod. Did you read or did you just read the last comment and try to troll me?

Not to be a pain but, is the update not going to make today?

Yup, you are certainly being a pain. It's 9:35PM where I'm at _and_ I'm currently dealing with a work issue and the day isn't over yet.

Gday mate, are we good to go again? I have a crapload of parts that were in the hangar waiting for a while, been busy like yourself tho. hope all's well.

G.

Gday mate, are we good to go again? I have a crapload of parts that were in the hangar waiting for a while, been busy like yourself tho. hope all's well.

G.

All is good. There is a bug with the Industrial Hinge since the change to the new code. I'm leaving the part in the update so people's crafts will load and will be looking at it after this release comes out. working on uploading it now.

Dromoman's (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/37680-DROMOMAN-modular-arm-parts-for-Damned-Infernal-Robotics) parts require CFG edits in order for them to work. Note the two "}" at the end. Those are required. Edit the three parts that have name = MuMechServo in the CFG and you will be good to go (hint. it's arm_linrothub, arm_radrothub, arm_rotact)

PART

{

// --- general parameters ---

name = DROMOMAN_rotact

module = Part

author = r4m0n (code) || Nothke (model)

// --- asset parameters ---

mesh = cylinder.DAE

scale = 1.0

rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---

//node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.13, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.13, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

// --- editor parameters ---

cost = 50

category = Utility

subcategory = 0

title = DROMOMAN Rotact

manufacturer = K-Robotics

description = A simple rotary actuator in an octogonal casing with almost enough power to run a hairdryer.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---

mass = 0.03

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.2

minimum_drag = 0.2

angularDrag = 2

crashTolerance = 15

maxTemp = 3000

breakingForce = 999

breakingTorque = 999

// toggle parameters

MODULE

{

name = MuMechToggle

rotateJoint = True

rotateAxis = 0, -1, 0

keyRotateSpeed = 5.0

rotateLimits = False

jointSpring = 0

jointDamping = 0

onActivate = False

rotateKey = left

revRotateKey = right

fixedMesh = rotabase

servoName = Rotact

}

}

Still .14, he is updating the mod. Did you read or did you just read the last comment and try to troll me?

No I was not "trolling" you. I was talking about the "other" IR. This forum is really bad about following conversations. Quote stacks can get big, but are useful for following a conversation.