[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

how do I prevent or fix braking after updating to .16? how do I replace the parts in the saved file? I have a lot of satellites that use IR and it would be extremely annoying having to redesign and re-launch all of them

thanks

Trial and error my friend. A lot has changed. My only suggestion is build a replica with the new parts, note where they are and replace it in the saved file. It's going to be a LOT of work either way and I have no tool to help you along the way.

how do I prevent or fix braking after updating to .16? how do I replace the parts in the saved file? I have a lot of satellites that use IR and it would be extremely annoying having to redesign and re-launch all of them

thanks

EDIT: sirkut was faster

Trial and error my friend. A lot has changed. My only suggestion is build a replica with the new parts, note where they are and replace it in the saved file. It's going to be a LOT of work either way and I have no tool to help you along the way.

Thanks for the super quick answer!

I'm having quite few issues here after updating to the latest version (from to .15 to the latest version):

--I did not touch the persistent or ship files--

- the servo editor window doest like cmd Z at all

-after cmd Z if hover with the mouse over the window the entire window turns grey (same grey of the border)

- the small parts seems to snap and lock (or glitch i guess) pretty easily

044GEwe.png

does anyone knows why?

Edited by edemlama
clarification

1. Don't use Control-Z, it's a known bug and I don't have an elegant want to fix it just yet.

Did you replace the part files with the new ones when upgrading? Newer version uses TweakScale to do sizing and eliminates duplicate parts. As for the last group of photos I'm unsure what is causing that problem.

Did you replace the part files with the new ones when upgrading? Newer version uses TweakScale to do sizing and eliminates duplicate parts. As for the last group of photos I'm unsure what is causing that problem.

just dropped the entire magicsmokeindustries folder into the gamedata folder and replaced the existing one

I m having lots of trouble with this, i get all of the parts and i have the toolbar options to hide or show the infernal robotics... things (i guess?) but it never shows up so i cant use any of the parts i have, any clues as to what might be happening? i have quite a few other mods installed by the way so if you know of any that conflict with this that would be great to know.

I just noticed that all my glitches and issues happen as soon as I stage. If i try the satellite on the launch pad all IR components work flawlessly but as soon as i start staging everything freaks out, never had this problem with older versions

I m having lots of trouble with this, i get all of the parts and i have the toolbar options to hide or show the infernal robotics... things (i guess?) but it never shows up so i cant use any of the parts i have, any clues as to what might be happening? i have quite a few other mods installed by the way so if you know of any that conflict with this that would be great to know.

Need to see an output_ log file.

Edemlama, I don't know what to say, a LOT of people download this mod and I don't get reports of issues that you are getting. I'd like to see video or crafts to replicate it.

Speaking from experience... do you have the Infernal Robotics plugin installed?

Edemlama, I don't know what to say, a LOT of people download this mod and I don't get reports of issues that you are getting. I'd like to see video or crafts to replicate it.

this happens also in orbit, and every time they get stuck in different positions

if you need i can upload my gamedata and ship folders

Edited by edemlama

I have Infernal Robotics and I have all the parts and the servo control. The servo control shows up in the Vehicle Assembly Building/Space Plane Hangar but when I launch it the servo control does not come up. I think I extracted it the right way (placed Magic Smoke Industries into GameData).

Problem solved for edemlama...

It's Kerbal Joint Reinforcement causing him grief. I rewrote Infernal Robotics to implement the new PartModule format (thanks to a lot of people who pioneered the work already!) and failed to notify ferram of the new exclusion. In order for IR to work correctly with KJR, add this line to the KJR's config.xml (located: GameData\KerbalJointReinforcement\Plugin\PluginData\KerbalJointReinforcement)

<string name="exemptModuleType3">MuMechToggle</string>

Problem solved for edemlama...

It's Kerbal Joint Reinforcement causing him grief. I rewrote Infernal Robotics to implement the new PartModule format (thanks to a lot of people who pioneered the work already!) and failed to notify ferram of the new exclusion. In order for IR to work correctly with KJR, add this line to the KJR's config.xml (located: GameData\KerbalJointReinforcement\Plugin\PluginData\KerbalJointReinforcement)

<string name="exemptModuleType3">MuMechToggle</string>

I still use the old version of KJF (for extra stiffness) if I still have issues after i change the line I will get rid of it

Thanks!!!! :D

Hello!

Quick Question, is there a way to disable all the parts that are untweakable? Or if that isn't possible which parts do I delete from the Parts folder to get rid of the pre-sized parts leaving only the tweakable parts.

Thanks in advance!

Reign

Hello!

Quick Question, is there a way to disable all the parts that are untweakable? Or if that isn't possible which parts do I delete from the Parts folder to get rid of the pre-sized parts leaving only the tweakable parts.

Thanks in advance!

Reign

The suggested method is to delete the parts folder completely then reinstall. If you have the rework models, just delete all folders that aren't Legacy or Rework inside the Parts folder.