[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Quantum Struts work fine in .23, just have to remember to not aim them at or mount them on the little octagonal struts or cubic octagonal struts. I've used them to brace arms built of IR and dromoman parts, with a docking port on the end of the arm.

Put the quantum struts in an action group so you can shut them off before moving your robotic stuff.

thanks.

well, for time being taht would work. but for a mod needing another one to fix some problems, isn't ok , specially when that is a little feature i think. If i knew how, i think i could use strut's config file and and some things to it so that it would work, in other words, no new model needed, maybe new texture to separate them from struts.

and what about being able to move parts in assembling and making stuff time? at least we should be able to right click parts and make them completely open / closed or powered/unpowered this way we would be able to put things easier in place when we are designing

I'm not asking for any animation there, remote tech has something like that with his big dish, just a gui button and then i think he switches between open and close dish meshes. something like that but with support for everything you added to the IR system. anyway, thanks for this amazing mod. it rocks

I'm not asking for any animation there, remote tech has something like that with his big dish, just a gui button and then i think he switches between open and close dish meshes. something like that but with support for everything you added to the IR system. anyway, thanks for this amazing mod. it rocks

Yea, that's not as simple as it sounds for IR, since you are dealing with everything connected to that part as well. It's definitely a needed feature at some point in the future though.

Wishlist feature:

Option in the VAB/SPH via the new tweakables functionality to set actuation limits on hinges and such. For example, limiting a hinge to a range of 0 - 90 degrees, instead of the default 0 - 180.

Wishlist feature:

Option in the VAB/SPH via the new tweakables functionality to set actuation limits on hinges and such. For example, limiting a hinge to a range of 0 - 90 degrees, instead of the default 0 - 180.

Thanks one poster. I've already mentioned this being an idea in the future. kthnkz.

Hi, been trying this mod for a little while, here are some questions and suggestions.

First, I'd like to have something similar to a jack, the hydraulic piston is similar in concept but it's too big for what I need. My idea is to place the jack in the base of a cargo bay to move a payload in and out the cargo bay.

Also, when flying the IR icon appears in the toolbox, but clicking it doesn't close the servo control window as I would expect, is it a bug?

Hi, been trying this mod for a little while, here are some questions and suggestions.

First, I'd like to have something similar to a jack, the hydraulic piston is similar in concept but it's too big for what I need. My idea is to place the jack in the base of a cargo bay to move a payload in and out the cargo bay.

Also, when flying the IR icon appears in the toolbox, but clicking it doesn't close the servo control window as I would expect, is it a bug?

new parts are being made. I think Zodius has a part you would like when it comes out.

Yes it's a bug. I'm hellishly busy at the moment to fix it but I hope to have it remedied this weekend.

love this mod! is it possible to bind functions to more than one key?

for example, I'm trying to build a VTOL that can do the normal VTOL thing with rotatrons- I've bound the pair of rotating engines in the GUI to "F" to move them down and "V" to move them up.

What I'd to do: I'd like to have V and F still be there WHILE binding the left engine to pitch DOWN with "G" while the right engine pitches UP with "G" and the exact opposite with "B".

I've tried binding things such as "F;G", "F:G". "F,G" to the same part and other permutations of various punctuation marks, but with no success.

I'd like to easily do the Crazy Ivan from Firefly :P It's a bit of a pain flying a plane with the two engines bound to completely different keys for rotating.

love this mod! is it possible to bind functions to more than one key?

for example, I'm trying to build a VTOL that can do the normal VTOL thing with rotatrons- I've bound the pair of rotating engines in the GUI to "F" to move them down and "V" to move them up.

What I'd to do: I'd like to have V and F still be there WHILE binding the left engine to pitch DOWN with "G" while the right engine pitches UP with "G" and the exact opposite with "B".

I've tried binding things such as "F;G", "F:G". "F,G" to the same part and other permutations of various punctuation marks, but with no success.

I'd like to easily do the Crazy Ivan from Firefly :P It's a bit of a pain flying a plane with the two engines bound to completely different keys for rotating.

You could always do what I did a while ago, and stack rotatrons/dockingwashers on top of each other:

_749212ba56134dbdae13d9ecf9b19eff

_b1e687aa2e0c429e94e308056582e73a

Here I have three washers per arm, bound so that forward/backward controls one set, left/right another, etc. This combined with Mechjeb's translatron allowed me to do a mid-air docking :D

I admit, having that option with the syntax you suggest would be useful, and reduce unnecessary parts quite a bit.

Edited by ZodiusInfuser

Working but not fully tested!

I'd be interested to see a speed multiplier per part in the editor too, so in this case you could have all of the parts take the same amount of time to travel. Either have this has a function of the range (so smaller range automatically adjusts what 1x means, or keep it the same, so you have to put 0.5x in to have it take the same time for half the range.

Thanks one poster. I've already mentioned this being an idea in the future. kthnkz.

Yeah, "one poster". I liked your mod enough to register a forum account to offer an idea. My apologies for not reading all 187 pages of replies and seeing that you'd already voiced it.

I'll go ahead and make it two posts with this one though, and offer you another idea:

If you already have a list of things you intend to implement, and you (evidently) get tired of people recommending the same things, you could add a list of "Possible Future Additions" to the original post. I'm sure people who like your work (of whom I am one) would love to see it, and it might save you some stress.

Hi. I dont know i this is the the right place to ask, but im running in to some issues with docking things using pistons as extendable docking arms. You know, docking port at the end of a piston and poke it in the general direction of another craft. Every time i dock the controls for the pistons freeze and I have to reload the craft from tracking station or do a quick save and load. Even then the range of motion of the pistons goes all funky. They dont seem to retract all the way in and they over extend weirdly so that there appears to be gaps between the parts. That is when using telescopic pistons. Regular pistons are just the same but without the gaps.

Any idea what might cause this? And before you ask, yes im running other mods as Wells.

Ps. I love this mod.

You have the parts attached in the wrong way :P

First, the hinge moving part is whats near the blue dot, not where the piston. Also, the piston is attached wrong, you should attach it from the other side.

I recommend you to do a simple test with the parts first. Don't do the whole ship, just put a girder and mount some IR parts and play with them until you release how to use in the way you want to.

You have the parts attached in the wrong way :P

First, the hinge moving part is whats near the blue dot, not where the piston. Also, the piston is attached wrong, you should attach it from the other side.

I recommend you to do a simple test with the parts first. Don't do the whole ship, just put a girder and mount some IR parts and play with them until you release how to use in the way you want to.

I still dont understand on what you are saying. The readme didnt state blue circles or something. isnt there a tutorial or some guide? I just tried on what you said and the parts are different. these are made by Zodiac. and still they dont move. What am I doing wrong? heres the craft file

http://www./view/kxm6nj8k0drqljb/comsat.craft

Edited by zgrillo2004

I cant' open your design in my game, but I made a small example for you to see how to connect the parts. You have a rotatron, a powered hinge, and a piston

Here's how you should connect them.

yZSxJGe.jpg

BW, are using the latest version of the mod?

Is it possible to bind keys on the numpad?

Also, it would be nice if we could enter specific angles in the config for starting positions and also in flight to automatically move the part to that position.

Why doesn't clicking on the toolbar icon toggle the Servo Control window?

Is it possible to edit the servo configuration in flight?

Edited by Bobe