[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

The legs actually run on fuel and oxidizer. It saves electricity and is remarkably efficient. ?!

TBH it just needed something to look right. Imagine it's not a real machine, and we are just pretending to land on the Mun.

I'm having trouble getting the rotatron to respond to limits. Could anyone confirm that it works or show me a video of someone properly using this tool?

Did you click the Rotation Limits button in the VAB or in flight? It should say "Rotation Limits On" for the rotatron to stop at those points.

=======================

Hello I have a little problem GANTRY makes me bugs. I have a version v0.16.5b GANTRY me do this. Help PLEASE.

I'll explain what sirkut says in the first post a little more:

Gantry - 4 sizes. Centered platform gantry for moving things back and forth. You can only have ONE attach point as your base. If you ignore this warning, you will have objects that will float with the platform. You've been warned.

That's actually true for ALL Infernal Robotics parts. The part you attach them to is the base and does not move with the part. Everything else that's attached to them will move, even if it doesn't make sense. To get the functionality you're going for with that rover, try this:

Build a rover platform first. There should be a structural connection between the pairs of wheels. Then put the center of the gantry on top of that, and your robotic arm on top of the gantry.

Sirkut, I think I've seen some other requests for this, but could you have all robotic parts not available as root? Might save a bit of confusion.

yeah ill add the non-root fix later. i think that is just a config change so no code is necessary.

harpi2600, the screen showing up grey is because you probably did control-z, that is a bug and I dont have a fix for it yet and it will be a while. basically for now dont control-z. :)

I noted some things that I'm not sure if they supposed to.

One of this files:

Scale.dll

IR_TweakScale.dll

KSPAPIExtensions.dll

causing MechJeb windows to change size accordingly to the length of the text in it.

MechJebWindow.png

Also they change decimal values from the tweakable menu of stock parts.

DecimalChange.png

Are they intend to do that? And are they essential even when I dont use parts from this mod, only the plugin for e.g. dormoman?

*edit

I have InfernalRobotics v0.16.5b installed but no TweakScale.

Edited by johnwayne1930

One of this files:

Scale.dll

IR_TweakScale.dll

KSPAPIExtensions.dll

causing MechJeb windows to change size accordingly to the length of the text in it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60617734/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/InfernalRobotic_ResizeBug/MechJebWindow.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60617734/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/InfernalRobotic_ResizeBug/DecimalChange.png

Are they intend to do that? And are they essential even when I dont use parts from this mod, only the plugin for e.g. dormoman?

*edit

I'll look into it but all those dlls are required as they are referenced within the main dll.

Howdy. I'm trying to support a 100+ ton "landing leg" on a single IR hinge. Needless to say, the whole contraption gets pretty damn floppy.

I've tried modifying the crashTolerance, breakingForce and breakingTorque parameters in the config file for the hinge, and that doesn't seem to be helping.

Activestruts are likewise unhelpful.

Is there a specific parameter I can modify to make the hinge extremely strong?

I'm a brand new user of IR, so I may be missing something…

but in the first-page screenshots there seems to be a "servo window" and 2 IR buttons for Toolbar.

I see no servo window and I only get a white IR button in the VAB, and no IR buttons at all after I take the craft to the launch pad. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: Nevermind! Until you click in the window for adding icons to toolbar, it'll hide the scrollbar, and with the scroll bar being hidden I couldn't see more options below. It's all there.

Edited by Entropius
I'm dumb

Howdy. I'm trying to support a 100+ ton "landing leg" on a single IR hinge. Needless to say, the whole contraption gets pretty damn floppy.

I've tried modifying the crashTolerance, breakingForce and breakingTorque parameters in the config file for the hinge, and that doesn't seem to be helping.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. ConfigurableJoints are just inheritly crappy on handling extremely large masses. Welcome to my world of bashing my head on the table. I haven't figured out a way to resolved it at the moment.

One of this files:

Scale.dll

IR_TweakScale.dll

KSPAPIExtensions.dll

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60617734/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/InfernalRobotic_ResizeBug/MechJebWindow.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60617734/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/InfernalRobotic_ResizeBug/DecimalChange.png

*edit

I did some testing. I don't see the mechjeb issue but I do see the decimal points being changed. Unfortunately due to utilizing KSPAPIExtensions this will alter the decimal points to 4 places and removing it will break IR.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. ConfigurableJoints are just inheritly crappy on handling extremely large masses. Welcome to my world of bashing my head on the table. I haven't figured out a way to resolved it at the moment.

Isn't there another joint type? I thought I saw that mentioned somewhere in the Active Struts thread, and I'm pretty sure the other joint type is very strong. (Possibly too strong; you'll have to try it out to see.)

I did some testing. I don't see the mechjeb issue but I do see the decimal points being changed. Unfortunately due to utilizing KSPAPIExtensions this will alter the decimal points to 4 places and removing it will break IR.

Yes, I'm sorry to wasted your time with that, it seems it was sheer coincidence not getting the MechJeb window bug without the dll's from InfernalRobotics.

New tries showed me that the text in the windows of MechJeb still resize the windows even without those dll files.

I tried to revert to a earlier MechJeb build, but still get it.

Now I am absolutely clueless which mod is causing this. ;.;

If/when the craft structure gets modified to support node connection loops, you'll be able to use more than one hinge. ;)

Can anyone help me? I installed the latest version and the robotics tech is still not showing up in the tech tree. How can I fix this as I tried a new game and still it doesn't show up.

Have you unlocked the fifth level of the tech tree, specifically Advanced Construction? If you have, then you'll need to make sure Infernal Robotics is correctly installed. There should be a MagicSmokeIndustries folder in your KSP/GameData folder. If that does not fix the problem, could you please upload your log files somewhere so we can download them?

Where will I find this log file? I don't have one that specifically details what mods were installed. I do have Advanced Construction and it was properly installed in the GameData Folder.

Edited by Furious1964

I would first start a sandbox game. See if the parts show up. if they don't then something isn't installed correctly which prompts looking for the output_log.txt file.

Here is the only log file I could find that lists what the game has:

http://www./view/ps7l805r9m18gau/output_log.txt

Started a new game with a fresh install of KSP and only using this mod. Edited the saved game to give me enough science to buy the techs I need to see the Tier 5 techs and even though the prerequisites show up, Robotics doesn't when they are bought.

Edited by Furious1964

Here is the only log file I could find that lists what the game has:

http://www./view/ps7l805r9m18gau/output_log.txt

Started a new game with a fresh install of KSP and only using this mod. Edited the saved game to give me enough science to buy the techs I need to see the Tier 5 techs and even though the prerequisites show up, Robotics doesn't when they are bought.

That helps rule out mod interactions.

Three things to try:

• I see from the output_log.txt that you have an outdated version of InfernalRobotics. Could you install the latest version in the clean install of KSP?
  • As sirkut suggested, do you see the IR parts in sandbox?
  • Have you purchased the IR parts from R&D (not just the tech, but the parts themselves)?

After doing that, could you post the output_log.txt from the clean install? The one you posted is enormous (16 MB) for a text file, so looking through it takes forever.