[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Looking at your output_log.txt, I see a reference to Goodspeed/Plugins/Scale. I guess you have Goodspeed Aerospace installed too? Try removing its Scale.dll too.

Good catch!

Added Goodspeed and indeed, the scale option is gone :sticktongue:

Final verdict:

No scaling option: Goodspeed including the scale.dll with Goodspeed parts

Invisible menu: ProceduralFairings

Bonus content: Fixing ProceduralFairings:

Copy and paste KSPAPIExtensions.dll from MagicSmokeIndustries\Plugins to ProceduralFairings\ and overwrite

This is with all current versions of the mods at this time

Biotronic, many thanks for the great mods and continious support!

8UNGkOW.png

Edited by Kamuchi

The invisible menu is not caused by Procedural Fairings, it's caused by a bug in TweakScale 1.22. Please download TweakScale 1.22 anew and retry.

I use 1.22 since my first post here and there :)

I just tested it with PF 3.06, TS 1.22 and IR 0.17a

PF is breaking the IR menu.

Replacing the api.dll in PF and it works again?

Call me crazy but that`s what I see and doing this fixes it lol

I can even stream it live if you want to actually see it :P

Just found another KSPAPIExtensions.dll in ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads, is KSP abit twitchy with load orders?

Edit: Just put back the original KSPAPIExtensions.dll that came with PF 3.06 and the menu is invisible again

GKM8P0e.png

As it is on my pc, it is causing the IR menu to go invisible

Edited by Kamuchi

Final verdict:

No scaling option: Goodspeed including the scale.dll with Goodspeed parts

Invisible menu: ProceduralFairings

This is with all current versions of the mods at this time

Biotronic, many thanks for the great mods and continuous support!

I can confirm that ProceduralFairings is causing the Invisible Menus, i figured it out last night, but it was to late for me to post it to the fourms.

Also I may have a idea about what to do with the translation issue for you Sirkut, Would it be possible to have a max Translation

that is dependent on the Scale Factors for example (and i know this will look like crap to someone that know code)

ScaleFactors 0.25 = True<> MaxTranslation = ??

ScaleFactors 0.5 = True <> MaxTranslation = ??

etc,etc

and replace ?? with the max you want the Translation to be for each scale.

Just some food for thought.

Biotronic talked to me about what was different and I now have a working version. Will be uploading now. Sorry for all the headache guys.

No apologies needed xD

Issues are to be expected with nearly all mods requiring an update, keep up the great work! :)

Woo! Updated the release to 0.18. Please replace _EVERYTHING_ because the parts configs have changed a slight bit. I tested it with Procedural Fairings and they both behaved well. Currently waiting for Curse to approve the upload so if you get 0.17a, use the Mediafire link instead.

Curse is already up to date!

Edit:

ObsessedWithKSP,

Looking through a few configs, the only changes are using different TweakScale methods to accomplish mass and movement scaling. That could break rework and station parts, but I'll test them once I've had a chance to fire up the game.

Edited by Master Tao

Sirkut, great news :P

But... did you get the PF 3.06 without replacing/deleting the KSPAPIExtensions.dll? [112,640 bytes]

I just restored the PF 3.06 with the supplied dll and after updating IR to 0.18 [mediafire link ;)] the menu is invisible again.

Replace it with the one from you and Biotronic and it works fine and is also 112,640 bytes.

Is there simply something wrong within the dll that comes with PF to cause this?

Edit: something weird is now happening for me, it remains invisible even after changing the dll back lol

Edited by Kamuchi

Glad I decided to jump on the debug train, it appears that the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads KSPAPIExtensions.dll [115,200 byte] was now starting to cause the problem and after being a nice guy and asking it to stop *delete!* the menu is back once again

This was with a clean install of Tweakscale 1.22, IR 0.18 and PF 3.06

AAHhhhhhhhhrrgggg the headache! :D

Sirkut, Biotronic, many thanks for the help, updates and ofcourse great mods!

FIXED!

Edited by Kamuchi

Every time I get a few minutes to play Kerbal I check for mod updates and it's like WHARRGARBL

The amount of updates authors have been making since 0.24 has been awesome [this is not a complaint]

sirkut,

Amazing work as always. I've checked practically all of your parts in the VAB with KER for mass scaling and in flight. The only time I saw odd behavior was when I tried stacking a Gantry on top of a Gantry Variant in a way that I'm fairly certain has never been supported.

I have a pretty good idea of how and why you've changed the configs, so I'll see if I can put together a MM config to get them working again until ZodiusInfuser gets back.

Sirkut, great news :P

But... did you get the PF 3.06 without replacing/deleting the KSPAPIExtensions.dll? [112,640 bytes]

I just restored the PF 3.06 with the supplied dll and after updating IR to 0.18 [mediafire link ;)] the menu is invisible again.

Replace it with the one from you and Biotronic and it works fine and is also 112,640 bytes.

Is there simply something wrong within the dll that comes with PF to cause this?

Edit: something weird is now happening for me, it remains invisible even after changing the dll back lol

Yes, I tested it with PF 3.06 and I didn't replace anything.

sirkut,

Amazing work as always. I've checked practically all of your parts in the VAB with KER for mass scaling and in flight. The only time I saw odd behavior was when I tried stacking a Gantry on top of a Gantry Variant in a way that I'm fairly certain has never been supported.

I have a pretty good idea of how and why you've changed the configs, so I'll see if I can put together a MM config to get them working again until ZodiusInfuser gets back.

That sounds wonderful because I am fairly certain that the Rework parts no longer work due to the config change. Biotronic did say that he will support both what I originally had to what he is currently using in 1.23 but I didn't want everyone to wait so I made the change anyway. Hate having people not being about to use my parts to the fullest. :)

Edited by sirkut

FYI, the is/was definatelly a problem with kspapiextensions.dll or the way you linked to it. I reported this already in the smartparts thread, because it had the same issue. How it became visible to me was, that IR as well as smartparts suddenly cared about the exact location of the DLL - i.e. moving kspapextensions.dll to /gamedata/ would make KSP freeze when loading the IR parts (or smartparts parts for that matter).

You might want to check the last few pages of the smartparts thread, because he solved it somehow - mentioned something about locally linking them, or similiar - i'm not too familiar with C#/Unity terms regarding compiling/linking, so can't explain what the smartparts dev did.

FYI, the is/was definatelly a problem with kspapiextensions.dll or the way you linked to it. I reported this already in the smartparts thread, because it had the same issue. How it became visible to me was, that IR as well as smartparts suddenly cared about the exact location of the DLL - i.e. moving kspapextensions.dll to /gamedata/ would make KSP freeze when loading the IR parts (or smartparts parts for that matter).

You might want to check the last few pages of the smartparts thread, because he solved it somehow - mentioned something about locally linking them, or similiar - i'm not too familiar with C#/Unity terms regarding compiling/linking, so can't explain what the smartparts dev did.

Multiple copies can get along fine IF they are the same version. I updated it to the latest, have you tried 0.18?

I know that multiple copies do get along, if they are the same version - the problem is that this is forced provocation of version hell: If the plugin expects a lib to be at a specific path, then one is forced to keep multiple copies of the same lib - and has to keep them all redundantly updated to avoid version SNAFU! That is trouble waiting to happen. Compare this to the user simply being able to keep one updated version of shared libs in ksp/gamedata/.

Anyways, since i recently had to learn how to use a C# IDE and how to compile on it, i now understand what the smartparts dev was talking about. Apparently, all he did was to define the reference to use a "local copy" before compiling. The IDE will copy the DLL into the release dir, but you can just ignore it - all that matters is, that this way apparently DLL-refs aren't hardcoded to specific paths - at least, that's how i understand what happened.

EDIT: Will now DL and try current IR version.

EDIT2: Works now! No more hardcoded DLL paths.

Edited by rynak

Bug report: The newest tweakscale (1.24) fails to properly define the boundaries for pistons and extendatrons. They can extend to be freefloating like this:

Ea51DfY.jpg

Removing the new tweakscale from the addons folder fixes the problem, but this is of course less than ideal (There are other parts I'd like to scale as well.)

However, Tweakscale seems to push a near daily release schedule right now, so I can understand if you'd prefer to wait for things to calm down before making everything compatible.

As a workaround, you can install TweakScale, but then remove the two .dll files from the TweakScale/Plugins folder. Leave the .cfg in place. You won't have the latest bugfixes from Biotronic, but you will be able to scale parts and still have pistons and gantries move the correct distances.

As a workaround, you can install TweakScale, but then remove the two .dll files from the TweakScale/Plugins folder. Leave the .cfg in place. You won't have the latest bugfixes from Biotronic, but you will be able to scale parts and still have pistons and gantries move the correct distances.

Yea, that's what I'm doing right now. But it is obviously not an ideal solution.