[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

I can't open the grouping thing when assembly..

did I missed something or??

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you describe the problem more clearly? Pictures would help.

Some things to check:

• Are you using the latest versions of KSP (0.24) and Infernal Robotics (0.18)?
  • Does the folder KSP/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries have four folders in it (Parts, Plugins, Sounds, & Textures)?
  • Do you Toolbar installed in KSP/GameData/000_Toolbar?
  • Have you added the Infernal Robotics buttons to the toolbar in the VAB or SPH?

I have tracked down a strange behavior of KSP on my system. I'm using KSP 0.24 32bit, IR 0.18. I have tested this with my game and vanilla and it's completely reproducible.

Just start a launch directly from Space Center; then revert back to vehicle Assemby Plant and KSP hangs and load forever. Removing IR and all is fine.

Last lines from the log:

[WRN 23:39:43.295] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From FLIGHT to EDITOR =====================
[LOG 23:39:43.886] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin
[LOG 23:39:43.896] [IR GUI] destroy
[EXC 23:39:43.906] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 23:39:44.059] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'MuMechGUI' from assembly 'InfernalRobotics'
[LOG 23:39:44.061] Parsing rect
[LOG 23:39:44.061] Parsing rect
[LOG 23:39:44.062] Parsing rect
[LOG 23:39:44.062] Parsing rect
[LOG 23:39:44.063] [IR GUI] awake
[LOG 23:39:44.989] [Progress Tracking]: Posted anonymous data to server successfully. Server Reply: KSP PROGRESS DATA OBTAINED

Edited by Nereid

I have tracked down a strange behavior of KSP on my system. I'm using KSP 0.24 32bit, IR 0.18. I have tested this with my game and vanilla and it's completely reproducible.

Just start a launch directly from Space Center; then revert back to vehicle Assemby Plant and KSP hangs and load forever. Removing IR and all is fine.

Huh. I always figured that was a stock bug and just worked around it. I've narrowed it down to KSPAPIExtensions. It happens with IR, TweakScale, and ProceduralFairings installed individually, and the only common element is KAE. Not good with Swamp_ig away.

Edit: reported in KAE thread here

Edited by Master Tao

Is there any chance you could recompile for Tweakscale 1.24? I think that might be causing a compatibility problem for me.

Is it the same as the compatibility problem discussed on the last page? If it's a different problem, please take the time to test whether it happens with just Infernal Robotics and TweakScale installed, write a description of the problem, and post your logs here.

Also, if you read that page, you'll see a note from sirkut saying he's working on the update.

Is it the same as the compatibility problem discussed on the last page? If it's a different problem, please take the time to test whether it happens with just Infernal Robotics and TweakScale installed, write a description of the problem, and post your logs here.

Also, if you read that page, you'll see a note from sirkut saying he's working on the update.

Unfortunately, the problem is with a specific craft that is out on a flight so I cannot recreate the exact circumstance with just those two mods without breaking the save.

TdZ7xxr.png

I just upgraded from Tweakscale 1.21 to 1.24.

This is a picture of 2 Illuminator Mk1 lights that have spontaneously blown up to super-size-- they were originally placed on the nose of a small scanning satellite, but now they are so big you cannot see the craft at all. The satellite still works perfectly.

Edit: Ok I figured out what the problem was for anyone having the super-sized parts issue-- discussed here in the TweakScale Thread.

Edited by Smurfalot

Ok gang, do this for me and see if it works for you (it does for me). I referenced 1.22 TweakScale with IR 0.18 BUT in doing this method, upgrading to 1.24 it still works.

1. Go to the MagicSmokeIndustries\Plugins folder, delete KSPAPIExtensions.dll and Scale.dll
  2. Download TweakScale, install it as usual.
  3. MOVE the InfernalRobotics.dll and IR_TweakScale.dll to the TweakScale\plugins directory. It should look like this:
    Ee6tRvf.png

This did not fix the supersized radial xenon and monoprop tanks for me right off. I had to go through and edit the module parameters in the persistence file. But in my case I think the damage was already done. The parts are saved correctly after doing this and editing the file.

This did not fix the supersized radial xenon and monoprop tanks for me right off. I had to go through and edit the module parameters in the persistence file. But in my case I think the damage was already done. The parts are saved correctly after doing this and editing the file.

the goal was to get IR working, i wasnt really looking to fix the other parts. :)

Ok gang, do this for me and see if it works for you (it does for me). I referenced 1.22 TweakScale with IR 0.18 BUT in doing this method, upgrading to 1.24 it still works.

1. Go to the MagicSmokeIndustries\Plugins folder, delete KSPAPIExtensions.dll and Scale.dll
  3. MOVE the InfernalRobotics.dll and IR_TweakScale.dll to the TweakScale\plugins directory. It should look like this:
    http://i.imgur.com/Ee6tRvf.png

Made the changes you described, everything appears to work correctly now, still testing, but it looks promising.

Spoke too soon, launched an IR heavy gantry craft and this is what I got, some of the parts are randomly distorted up to 5m size

YBaXvmZ.png

Same bug as before, all the effected parts are being scaled from "= 1" to "= 100" in the tweakscale module for the parts. I had to go in and manually edit the craft file to get things back into proportion, but now it is working.

Edited by Smurfalot

Made the changes you described, everything appears to work correctly now, still testing, but it looks promising.

Spoke too soon, launched an IR heavy gantry craft and this is what I got, some of the parts are randomly distorted up to 5m size

Same bug as before, all the effected parts are being scaled from "= 1" to "= 100" in the tweakscale module for the parts. I had to go in and manually edit the craft file to get things back into proportion, but now it is working.

I've been following along, and have a clean install with the changes suggested by sirkut.

[ModuleManager] compiling list of loaded mods...Mod DLLs found:
Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
aaa_Toolbar v1.0.0.0
ModuleManager v2.2.0.0
InfernalRobotics v0.18.0.0
IR_TweakScale v0.18.0.0
KSPAPIExtensions v1.6.0.0
Scale v1.23.0.0
Non-DLL mods added:
Mods by directory (subdirs of GameData):
000_Toolbar
MagicSmokeIndustries
NASAmission
Squad
TweakScale

I threw together a craft from randomly sized and placed IR parts, and I do not see the same issues as Smurfalot. Generally, everything appears to behave correctly with a couple of exceptions that may already be known about.

qoIlHeQ.jpg

The first is a piston connected to the bottom node of the root command module behaves strangely. The piston moves, but turns itself "inside out" ie the ram moves backwards through the cylinder, but the general direction of motion is correct. Visually it looks strange, but no errors are generated. Attaching a subsequent command module to a piston via its bottom node behaves correctly, and I put this down to how KSP orders the nodes. My feeling is this is unrelated to the other 24x64 issues.

8aNGxp2.png

The second problem is a series of InvalidOperationException errors that correspond with MuMech? Group editor activity. Namely assigning and moving groups around.

InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[MuMech.MuMechToggle].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[MuMech.MuMechToggle].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MuMechGUI.EditorWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

The only other errors in the log are single NullReferenceException reports every time editor mode is entered. This may be related to the issue Nereld and Master Tao are chasing, but I do not experience a hang. This is going straight to the launchpad from the Space Centre, loading and launching the craft, or simply reverting to the VAB.

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From FLIGHT to EDITOR =====================[IR GUI] destroy
[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin
UnloadTime: 39.109131 ms
Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 1044 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 123213.
Total: 207.450119 ms (FindLiveObjects: 10.580607 ms CreateObjectMapping: 2.537427 ms MarkObjects: 191.084061 ms DeleteObjects: 2.728071 ms)

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'MuMechGUI' from assembly 'InfernalRobotics'
Parsing rect
Parsing rect
Parsing rect
Parsing rect
[IR GUI] awake
Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 1 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 123034.
Total: 205.025635 ms (FindLiveObjects: 11.002527 ms CreateObjectMapping: 2.354107 ms MarkObjects: 190.798691 ms DeleteObjects: 0.329787 ms)

[IR GUI] destroy
UnloadTime: 10.747155 ms
No Input Locks in effect right now
Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 10 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 138100.
Total: 208.988983 ms (FindLiveObjects: 10.745975 ms CreateObjectMapping: 2.620347 ms MarkObjects: 194.685501 ms DeleteObjects: 0.398296 ms)

Parsing rect
Parsing rect
Parsing rect
Parsing rect
[IR GUI] awake
AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'MyEditorRegistrationAddon' from assembly 'IR_TweakScale'
AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'TechUpdater' from assembly 'Scale'
------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------
editor started
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at UIManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIManager.DidAnyPointerHitUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VABCamera.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Crazy Space Craft loaded!
Crazy Space Craft - Crazy Space Craft

I've tried everything to break it, but apart from those possibly unrelated errors mentioned, the revised dll placements appear to work. Please note; this is a clean environment with only the necessary mods and changes requested.

I can send my .craft, log and save file for the whole session if required.

Edited by Squelch
Image hiding and ammendments

Howdy,

I've been redirected here from the Wolf Pack Aeronautics thread (now locked) for the cargo bay mods?

The thread said the mod is now continued by Sirkut.

I can't seem to find the download links for this parts pack... can someone post the link or point me in the right direction?

many thanks

I've been following along, and have a clean install with the changes suggested by sirkut.

[ModuleManager] compiling list of loaded mods...Mod DLLs found:
Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
aaa_Toolbar v1.0.0.0
ModuleManager v2.2.0.0
InfernalRobotics v0.18.0.0
IR_TweakScale v0.18.0.0
KSPAPIExtensions v1.6.0.0
Scale v1.23.0.0
Non-DLL mods added:
Mods by directory (subdirs of GameData):
000_Toolbar
MagicSmokeIndustries
NASAmission
Squad
TweakScale

I threw together a craft from randomly sized and placed IR parts, and I do not see the same issues as Smurfalot. Generally, everything appears to behave correctly with a couple of exceptions that may already be known about.

http://i.imgur.com/qoIlHeQ.jpg

The first is a piston connected to the bottom node of the root command module behaves strangely. The piston moves, but turns itself "inside out" ie the ram moves backwards through the cylinder, but the general direction of motion is correct. Visually it looks strange, but no errors are generated. Attaching a subsequent command module to a piston via its bottom node behaves correctly, and I put this down to how KSP orders the nodes. My feeling is this is unrelated to the other 24x64 issues.

http://i.imgur.com/8aNGxp2.png

The second problem is a series of InvalidOperationException errors that correspond with MuMech? Group editor activity. Namely assigning and moving groups around.

InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[MuMech.MuMechToggle].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[MuMech.MuMechToggle].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MuMechGUI.EditorWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The only other errors in the log are single NullReferenceException reports every time editor mode is entered. This may be related to the issue Nereld and Master Tao are chasing, but I do not experience a hang. This is going straight to the launchpad from the Space Centre, loading and launching the craft, or simply reverting to the VAB.

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From FLIGHT to EDITOR =====================[IR GUI] destroy
[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin
UnloadTime: 39.109131 ms

Unloading 1044 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 123213.
Total: 207.450119 ms (FindLiveObjects: 10.580607 ms CreateObjectMapping: 2.537427 ms MarkObjects: 191.084061 ms DeleteObjects: 2.728071 ms)

Parsing rect
Parsing rect
Parsing rect
Parsing rect
[IR GUI] awake
Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 1 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 123034.
Total: 205.025635 ms (FindLiveObjects: 11.002527 ms CreateObjectMapping: 2.354107 ms MarkObjects: 190.798691 ms DeleteObjects: 0.329787 ms)

[IR GUI] destroy
UnloadTime: 10.747155 ms
No Input Locks in effect right now

Unloading 10 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 138100.
Total: 208.988983 ms (FindLiveObjects: 10.745975 ms CreateObjectMapping: 2.620347 ms MarkObjects: 194.685501 ms DeleteObjects: 0.398296 ms)

Parsing rect
Parsing rect
Parsing rect
Parsing rect
[IR GUI] awake
AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'MyEditorRegistrationAddon' from assembly 'IR_TweakScale'
AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'TechUpdater' from assembly 'Scale'
------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------
editor started
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at UIManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIManager.DidAnyPointerHitUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VABCamera.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Crazy Space Craft loaded!
Crazy Space Craft - Crazy Space Craft

I've tried everything to break it, but apart from those possibly unrelated errors mentioned, the revised dll placements appear to work. Please note; this is a clean environment with only the necessary mods and changes requested.

I can send my .craft, log and save file for the whole session if required.

Yes I would like the craft file. The piston issue is certainly a node ordering issue and while a bug, it's been understood for some time now. As for the null errors, I'd like to see the craft file so I can replicate the issue. Thanks!

Howdy,

I've been redirected here from the Wolf Pack Aeronautics thread (now locked) for the cargo bay mods?

The thread said the mod is now continued by Sirkut.

I can't seem to find the download links for this parts pack... can someone post the link or point me in the right direction?

many thanks

I haven't uploaded the parts pack. I need to do some retexturing first.

Updated to 0.18.1 You will be required to reinstall the entire parts pack to ensure that the dlls have been cleared/installed. I got rid of IR_TweakScale and incorporated the code inside the main dll. Also included Biotronic's Scale_Redist.dll which communicates with the main TweakScale mod.

Basically

1. Delete old IR folder (this won't break existing crafts, parts haven't changed)

2. Install new IR

3. Install TweakScale

4. Profit.

This heavy mod-user needs his daily fix of fixes! :P

Should it become the norm for mods to be based on other mods - to whatever extend, e.g. ToolBar or now TweakScale - I hope the licenses of these dependencies are as open as possible should anyone get lost to other games or real life?

Updated to 0.18.1 You will be required to reinstall the entire parts pack to ensure that the dlls have been cleared/installed. I got rid of IR_TweakScale and incorporated the code inside the main dll. Also included Biotronic's Scale_Redist.dll which communicates with the main TweakScale mod.

Basically

1. Delete old IR folder (this won't break existing crafts, parts haven't changed)

2. Install new IR

3. Install TweakScale

4. Profit.

Ok just FYI in case you did not see it, Tweakscale just released v1.26

Ok just FYI in case you did not see it, Tweakscale just released v1.26
Just wanted to say the same.

I haven't had a chance to play KSP yet today, but sirkut's description of the new install procedure makes it sound like he no longer needs to update every time TweakScale does.

Have you tried clean installs of InfernalRobotics 18.1 and TweakScale 1.26?

It's no longer necessary to alert me of a TweakScale update. Just update TweakScale and everything works transparently with Infernal Robotics. The key to this is the Scale_Redist.dll that resides in my install. This communicates with TweakScale regardless of the version. In other words, Update TweakScale and enjoy. No updating on my part is necessary. Woo!

I haven't had a chance to play KSP yet today, but sirkut's description of the new install procedure makes it sound like he no longer needs to update every time TweakScale does.

Have you tried clean installs of InfernalRobotics 18.1 and TweakScale 1.26?

No, not yet. I will check it out after work.

It's no longer necessary to alert me of a TweakScale update. Just update TweakScale and everything works transparently with Infernal Robotics. The key to this is the Scale_Redist.dll that resides in my install. This communicates with TweakScale regardless of the version. In other words, Update TweakScale and enjoy. No updating on my part is necessary. Woo!

Glad to see you guys worked out a way for them to play nicely together. I hope this change will save you much grief in the future.

Edited by Smurfalot

Yes I would like the craft file. The piston issue is certainly a node ordering issue and while a bug, it's been understood for some time now. As for the null errors, I'd like to see the craft file so I can replicate the issue. Thanks!

That is as I suspected, and I really should have read more, but there's so much to learn!!

Here's the .craft file as requested. It ain't pretty, and it definitely won't fly, but the intention was to break things by doing them in unusual ways.

Incidentally, I've noticed something funky going on with the group control window. It appears to be too narrow on my system, and I need to use the horizontal scroll to read all of the fields.

That is fantastic news, and as a newcomer to KSP, I can already tell that a core library is needed. Perhaps instead of distributing a dependency and running the risk of version conflicts, modders should reference a core library, as you have with TweakScale, which should then be a separately maintained entity which combines the efforts of the main libraries into one place?

There seems to be two distinct areas in the example of IR in that there are the required plugins, and the parts. The plugin is only loaded when the parts are used, so therefore wouldn't it make sense to separate the two. This way the user has the choice of the default parts, or the rework parts, both of which rely on the plugin and its dependencies which could quite justifiably be bundled together along with other generally accepted "must have" plugins? The plugin library would need curating of course, and would rely on the cooperation of its individual contributors, but it would make both the modders and users lives so much less fraught with versioning.

Anyway, enough of that, I'm new, so what do I know?