[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Tested with TweakScale 1.30, which includes KSPAPIExtensions 1.6.2. Quick test with a gantry and some extendatrons, which all scaled and function perfectly. There seems to be a TweakScale conflict with the Station Parts. I'll try to track that down later.

Side note: It's a Bad IdeaTM to delete Infernal Robotics' copy of KSPAPIExtensions when trying to sort out conflicts – you'll find out why if you try. KAE has code that's supposed to prevent conflicts, though 0.24.0 broke that. In any case, the only change 1.6.2 is that it now looks for 0.24.1.

Uploading a new version but I'm on dsl so it's taking it's time. I tried replacing just kspapiextensions from TweakScale into the IR install and it worked for me as a temp solution.

Files uploaded. If Curse gives you 0.18.1 try the media fire download instead.

Edited by sirkut

Uploading a new version but I'm on dsl so it's taking it's time. I tried replacing just kspapiextensions from TweakScale into the IR install and it worked for me as a temp solution.

Files uploaded. If Curse gives you 0.18.1 try the media fire download instead.

Thanks man for working so hard

0.18.2 includes a 'Sperryball' part and a few other things not mentioned in the first post. Were these bundled in by mistake?

The rework parts by ZodiusInfuser are definitely mentioned in the first post. You should try them out with this patch.

The sperry ball is new, though. Is that for controlling robots from IVA?

Hey sirkut, is this new revision still working on fixing some of the odd behaviors with spaces occurring during extensions? I've actually got the current revision working in .24.2, and it even works better than the past mod update, but pistons/extensions seemingly move through itself while extending the opposite way, causing odd spaces to appear.

Still does not fix the issue I've been having. .25 and .5 size parts do not appear in editor. The full size parts are scalable via tweakscale but since the parts themselves don't exist many of my ships are broken right out of the loading screen. Is there anything I could be doing wrong?

... pistons/extensions seemingly move through itself while extending the opposite way, causing odd spaces to appear.

If you're talking about the white Extendatrons, get the patch I posted here (requires Module Manager). If that doesn't fix the problem, your pistons or extendatrons are probably backwards. It's a known issue with Infernal Robotics, and it just takes some practice to recognize which end goes where. Post pictures or the .craft file, and I'll take a look.

I can't scale anymore, slider disappear from the setting window
I can report the same issue. I've got both Tweak Scale and IR patched to their latest versions, along with up-to-date Tweakable Everything mod. Running KSP 0.24.2 x64.

BananaDealer, good to know you're running the latest versions. There may be a conflict with KSPAPIExtensions. This quick fix may break other things, but try replacing the KSPAPIExtensions.dll in MagicSmokeIndustries/Plugins with the one from TweakScale/Plugins.

If that doesn't help, post your logs. I don't even have x64, so I can't troubleshoot without them.

NathanKell just published KSPAPIEx 1.6.3 for 0.24.2 about 30 minutes ago so give Sirkut a minute to update the updated update for the third game update in a week :P

I updated the KSPAPIex.dll for all the mods requiring it myself just now. Same issue...

Could it be a conflict between Tweak Scale and Tweakable Everything? Cause I don't think I'm getting the slider for any of the parts...

Will need to look into this further...

I updated the KSPAPIex.dll for all the mods requiring it myself just now. Same issue...

Could it be a conflict between Tweak Scale and Tweakable Everything? Cause I don't think I'm getting the slider for any of the parts...

Will need to look into this further...

I updated all my copies of KSPAPIEx to 1.6.3 direct from the git release and now everything (tweakscale etc) is working (so far).

[edt] caveat - I don't have tweakable everything

Edited by NoMrBond

I included all the extra parts by mistake. The sperry ball is a WIP that I'm currently workin on. There is a thread in the development section. I'll update the pack in a few hours.

Edit: power went out at the house so I can't download 0.24.2 so until tomorrow do what others suggest and update kspapiextensions.

Edited by sirkut

The window is indeed narrow but I have no way of making it resize. I will however work on making the window larger.

I've found the issue, and managed to fix it locally. I can prepare a pull request if you are accepting contributions? Otherwise the fix is simple and can be explained easily.

4g8OA0L.png

I've found the issue, and managed to fix it locally. I can prepare a pull request if you are accepting contributions? Otherwise the fix is simple and can be explained easily.

http://i.imgur.com/4g8OA0L.png

You have it resize due to what is in the window? I so i gladly accept a pull request. The GUI is the least favorite thing with unity.

I included all the extra parts by mistake. The sperry ball is a WIP that I'm currently workin on. There is a thread in the development section. I'll update the pack in a few hours.

Edit: power went out at the house so I can't download 0.24.2 so until tomorrow do what others suggest and update kspapiextensions.

Man you also need some weekend, not just updaing the mod.

The sperry ball was from the models reworks, or are you working on a seperate project?

Edit: power went out at the house...

Your house crashed?! Probably a conflict with a plugin. You may have to remove family members and add them back one at a time to find the issue. Post your output log, we'll see what we can do. :cool:

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Man you also need some weekend, not just updaing the mod.

The sperry ball was from the models reworks, or are you working on a seperate project?

Oh don't worry I've been running around doing other things. The sperry ball is just something I wanted to work on. I just wanted to get some experience making IVAs and figured a ball would be fun to do.

Is there a way to make the motorised washer start rotating and keep rotating. I want it for a ships centrifuge.

Try the free moving one and spin the centrifuge up with couter firing ion-engines. Works like a charm! :D

Updating everything to 24.2, add a couple more mods and back to debugging lol ;.;

aK5zPbG.png

Maybe 64-bit wasn`t such a good idea afterall, to many mods that can conflict :wink:

Edit 1: removing the addon parts, more of the supposed slider bars "appear" so almost there again

Xyvd65L.png

Fix 6! instances of KSPAPIExtensions.dll all over the place with the latest version and tada :cool:

M4lz3wM.png

Edited by Kamuchi