[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

What is it with kspapiextensions specifically, that makes modders embed it non-locally and this way enforce multiple redundant copies of it? It was the case for IR, and recently was fixed. It was the case for smartparts, and recently got fixed. It still is the case for procedural fairings - had to recompile it from source, to get rid of the pointless hardlinking. I'm not aware of any other common library, where this problem happens frequently? And yet, its just a compiling flag, so how come?

What is it with kspapiextensions specifically, that makes modders embed it non-locally and this way enforce multiple redundant copies of it? It was the case for IR, and recently was fixed. It was the case for smartparts, and recently got fixed. It still is the case for procedural fairings - had to recompile it from source, to get rid of the pointless hardlinking. I'm not aware of any other common library, where this problem happens frequently? And yet, its just a compiling flag, so how come?

I recompile IR to the dlls that are provided with KSP (unityengine.dll and assembly-csharp) just to be on the safe side. Sometimes Squad changes something so it's best to update. As for KSPAPIExtensions, it's an extension of the KSP TweakUI that allows selections and a different implementation of sliders. The problem occurs when a dll such as infernal robotics uses a dll such as KSPAPIExtensions, it can only see what is in that current directory. Having KSPAPIExtensions elsewhere isn't going to help because the dll won't be able to see it. Another issue stems from when Squad does an update, which generally breaks KSPAPIExtensions which is the case with the last couple of times IR has failed.

Thanks for the info, sirkut - didn't know this. That's a quite annoying limitation, because it basically guarantees version hell: Even if the user wanted to, he couldn't maintain a single up-to-date central version - and maintaining a dozen versions is bound to go wrong.

Naive question: Why can a lib then without issue access the unity and KSP functions? After all, they're just references too, and way outside the library's directory?

I`ve been in contact with Nathan and he explained why KSPAPIE was giving such a headache.

With the 0.24 update the internal version check got fried and with every one still updating and relying in this dll, the bugs are abit commen :P

This time it was caused by a recompile for 24.2 while some were 24.1, UI went to hell again.

24.1 and 24.2 being the same size made it less obvious, but opening all folders with a search and replacing it fixed it.

He said they are trying to get it fixed so hopefully soon a version will be out that will stop menu`s from vanishing when multiple versions are installed :)

I'm a bit lost, for .18.3 do I need tweekscale again? Prior to adding tweakscale I had the IR parts but no tweaking. I added tweak-scale and deleted the unneeded configs from it and then IR parts were gone.

EDIT: I think I know what I did. Nevermind.

I'm mirroring this post on the TweakScale, KW Rocketry, Infernal Robotics, and Engineer Redux threads largely because I don't know the source of the problem.

I'm installing my mods for KSP x64 use and had installed Kerbal Engineer, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, KW Rocketry, and Infernal Robotics (and their required mods like toolbar) without an issue. Then when I tried to install Tweakscale the game would crash either after the initial load or after I select my save file. I can run any combination of the mods without any issue but all of the above causes the crash. I've ruled out KJR as the crash does happen regardless of it being in or not. This is the last crash report I have:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxEDpG3bJ-bvS05oN00xQUxpU0U&usp=sharing

If anyone has any idea what I'm doing wrong I would love to know.

Have you tried running it on KSP 32bit? 64 bit ksp is fairly buggy and people have experienced moments like yours but found that 32bit was stable.

Edited by sirkut

Seems I'm having trouble with IR. With it installed, I can't run Tweakscale or Modular Fuel Tanks. Running KSP 32-bit and MKS 19.0. Everything is updated with the most recent version.

Edit: No i didn't

Edited by sdrober1

Seems I'm having trouble with IR. With it installed, I can't run Tweakscale or Modular Fuel Tanks. Running KSP 32-bit and MKS 19.0. Everything is updated with the most recent version.

Edit: Well, I replaced IR's kspapi with the one from their thread, and everything works again. To be continued...

Are you using IR 0.18.3? It has the updated KSPAPIE dll.

How does it not work? I tested TweakScale 1.32 with Infernal Robotics 0.18.3 this morning and had no issues with the two of them together.

Need more details of what's going wrong to help.

I don't think MFT works properly at the moment anyway, removing it seems to work and there's word of an update in it's thread.

After further testing, it appears that it's clashing with MFT. Tweakscale also fails, but only when MFT is installed with it and Infernal Robotics.

Some of the interface is there, but it's mostly unusable.

Edit: MFT seems to work for me without IR.

Edited by sdrober1

After further testing, it appears that it's clashing with MFT. Tweakscale also fails, but only when MFT is installed with it and Infernal Robotics.

Some of the interface is there, but it's mostly unusable.

Edit: MFT seems to work for me without IR.

It's because MFT is using KSPAPIExtensions 1.6.0 dll whereas TweakScale, Infernal Robotics is using the latest version (1.6.3 to be exact) available.

Love this mod, though encountered several troubles there...

First one is while in Space Plane Hanger (So called SPH i think?) mod the Hing's symmetry is not working correctly, well basically it is still using the same symmetry method as in VAB, which makes works quit weird....

it makes rover & airplane quite painful, as i needs to copy and past mannully lol.

yaoYZQi.png

Another one is, since version 0.16, group editor never works in SPH nor VAB...... well its ok after lunch but can i pre-config it? lol it will be much eaiser if i can though.

I have one final known bug to fix in KAE (all about multiple versions, btw), and then things should begin to stabilize again.

Awesome news. Thanks for letting us know.

First one is while in Space Plane Hanger (So called SPH i think?) mod the Hing's symmetry is not working correctly, well basically it is still using the same symmetry method as in VAB, which makes works quit weird....

it makes rover & airplane quite painful, as i needs to copy and past mannully lol.

http://i.imgur.com/yaoYZQi.png

Another one is, since version 0.16, group editor never works in SPH nor VAB...... well its ok after lunch but can i pre-config it? lol it will be much eaiser if i can though.

Symmetry problem? Try the rotate buttons in the editor. It's what they are there for.

qUi8wkQ.png

As for editing the groups in the VAB/SPH, click the white button in the toolbar. Then you can move parts in various groups. It's been this way for quite some time.

http://i.imgur.com/yaoYZQi.png

It is just as Sirkut has said. The green Group Editor is for altering the groupings AFTER you launch. The white one is for editing them during building.

EDIT: I thought you crushed that rotation bug already Sirkut. Or was that just the buggyness of the rotation buttons because I remember reporting the same flipping back in 0.23 and you said you fixed it then.

Edited by JewelShisen