[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Hum, got it. but is that means every time after lunch i needs to click the button manually? Well i dont think i can switch the rotation limits on or off in VAB/SPH though...

What's for lunch?

You can tell toggle the rotate limits in the VAB/SPH and you don't have to do it after eating. :)

What's for lunch?

You can tell toggle the rotate limits in the VAB/SPH and you don't have to do it after eating. :)

...but if you do it after eating, make sure to wait at least 30 minutes first. It avoids cramps, you see. :D

I got a wierd odditie with IR.

In SPH and VAB i get an untextured cylinder top, and when launched (no lunch for Jeb) :) i get them on the runway as well.

In sph: http://i.imgur.com/OlZwIWq.png

On runway: http://i.imgur.com/W3SfHOI.png

I got the latest of IR, with the rework models. Active struts. Verified all KSPAPIExtensions V1.7.0

to 1.7.0.0 just released.

Got tweakscale 1.36 EDIT: Tested 1.37 same result.

I'm running 64bit 0.24.2 on windows.

EDIT: Also tested 32bit with no other changes. Still same.

What else can i post for troubleshooting?

/Rikard

Edited by mrstoned

I got a wierd odditie with IR.

In SPH and VAB i get an untextured cylinder top, and when launched (no lunch for Jeb) :) i get them on the runway as well.

In sph: http://i.imgur.com/OlZwIWq.png

On runway: http://i.imgur.com/W3SfHOI.png

I got the latest of IR, with the rework models. Active struts. Verified all [h=2]KSPAPIExtensions V1.7.0[/h] to 1.7.0.0 just released.

Got tweakscale 1.36

I'm running 64bit 0.24.2 on windows.

What else can i post for troubleshooting?

/Rikard

I honestly have no idea what you are doing. What part did you click to get that?

That doesn't look like any part I've ever seen before. Definitely not IR, IR-Rework, or Active Struts.

What's the part called in the VAB?

Can you upload a copy of your output_log.txt and link to it here? It should be here:

KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt

It appears first when you open the sph.

As you can see on the first SS, there is no "Launch" button in top right corner. It's some kind of artifact.

It goes away if i remove the Magic-directory.

/Rikard

It appears first when you open the sph.

As you can see on the first SS, there is no "Launch" button in top right corner. It's some kind of artifact.

It goes away if i remove the Magic-directory.

/Rikard

i want to see your output_log.txt AND zip up the entire contents of the Magic-directory. I want to see what is in there.

Move ActiveStruts to KSP\GameData\. It doesn't belong in MagicSmokeIndustries.

Edit: I don't see anything else going seriously wrong in your log.

Also, I see marce hasn't made installation instructions yet. I'm sure that will happen before the official release. That's probably where the confusion came from.

Edited by Master Tao

It's something else, I looked through the install and didn't see anything wrong. Ran the whole package and didn't experience your issue. Try this, reproduce the error in the VAB, add another part to it, then SAVE the craft. I want to see waht the craft has.

Moving ActiveStruts from Magic-dir to Gamedata solves the issue.

However, the issue is reproducable in SPH and VAB.

Added a single Stayputnic and saved.

SPH: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ickdwpn6d03lqb8/SPH.craft

VAB: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0a09kqc4llmbyi/VAB.craft

The same issue was in MM 2.2.0 as well.

It's not really and issue, but still.

/Rikard

Glad it's working. I'd still like to track this down in case it causes problems in other ways.

Both of those crafts files contain only the Stayputnik core. I believe you, I just want to be absolutely certain: did you save the craft after adding the bugged part? If you mouse over the part, what's it called?

Move ActiveStruts to KSP\GameData\. It doesn't belong in MagicSmokeIndustries.

Edit: I don't see anything else going seriously wrong in your log.

Also, I see marce hasn't made installation instructions yet. I'm sure that will happen before the official release. That's probably where the confusion came from.

I updated the OP post in the AS thread with install instructions. The main problem is that I'm expecting an exact path for the config file (haven't found a better solution yet).

Hope that helps and reduces poor sirkut's support effort :)

The part itself is not clickable, and is present immideatly when you start the game and goes into the SPH or VAB.

I created a new savegame, sandbox, with a different name on each trial n error attempt.

I'll try and drive over it to see if it got mass.

/Rikard

I created a new savegame, sandbox, with a different name on each trial n error attempt.

You're really helpful in figuring this out. :)

Could you start a new save, launch the Stayputnik + strange part vehicle, then return to the Space Center & quit? Then post your persistence.sfs. I'd love to see what the vehicle looks like in flight.

@marce, Thanks! That was fast.

And further testing;

I can place the first part (any first part) in SPH, and as soon as i try to attach a second part, the attachment nodes vanishes.

But i'd call this problem solved for now anyways.

/Rikard

You're really helpful in figuring this out. :)

Could you start a new save, launch the Stayputnik + strange part vehicle, then return to the Space Center & quit? Then post your persistence.sfs. I'd love to see what the vehicle looks like in flight.

@marce, Thanks! That was fast.

Can't save the game, it thinks i'm going 174.6m/s on the pad.

http://i.imgur.com/PBWBnZH.png

/Rikard

EDIT: I did find this in the persistant file:

PART
{
name = PotatoRoid
uid = 559298752
mid = 559298752
launchID = 0
parent = 0
position = 0,0,0
rotation = 0,0,0,1
mirror = 1,1,1
istg = 0
dstg = 0
sqor = 0
sidx = 0
attm = 0
srfN = None, -1
mass = 150
temp = -1
expt = 0.1
state = 1
connected = True
attached = True
flag =
rTrf =
modCost = 0
}

Edited by mrstoned

PotatoRoid is the asteroid "part." I think that's actually what you've seen in the VAB/SPH – an unfinished asteroid. IIRC, they start as those white pill-shaped objects, but are procedurally reshaped and textured to make the asteroids. Don't know how it ended up in the editor, though.

I have a problem with one of the Hinges. There are two different kinds of the one i want, opened and closed. For my purpose i need it about half opened. In the IR toolbar i can only rotate the hinge... Why rotate? Shouldnt it open and close?

editing my thread doesnt work -.- I got a workaround for me, i just put a min rotate. Visually not the best, but it works. I would prefer beeing able to change it in VAB.

editing my thread doesnt work -.- I got a workaround for me, i just put a min rotate. Visually not the best, but it works. I would prefer beeing able to change it in VAB.

It's been requested a million times and it just isn't on my todo list right now. Maybe soon I'll look into it after I finish my other tasks I want to do with IR.

At 2:20 in this vid, a simple craft I built with latest KSP (0.24.2) and Infernal Robotics (0-18-4) exhibits unbounded oscillations when placed on the pad. (Everything earlier in the vid is me building it.) This bug seems to occur when high symmetry (8-fold or 6-fold) is employed with hinges, rotators, etc. The final girders I added seem to make it happen more reliably. I first tried IR with KSP 0.23.5 (asteroids...) and it was present then.