[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Seems like your latest fix fixed the issue but broke the MSI Reworked Parts Mod :(

Broke how? I can't do anything with vague mentions of things not working.

The reason I ask is I installed 0.18.1 and TweakScale 1.26 then installed Rework. Ran the game and everything works.

That is as I suspected, and I really should have read more, but there's so much to learn!!

Here's the .craft file as requested. It ain't pretty, and it definitely won't fly, but the intention was to break things by doing them in unusual ways.

Incidentally, I've noticed something funky going on with the group control window. It appears to be too narrow on my system, and I need to use the horizontal scroll to read all of the fields.

I looked at your craft file and it's exactly what I thought it was. Since the pod is the root of the craft you MUST attach the bottom of the piston to the pod, not the other way around. Once you do that, all is well. :)

The window is indeed narrow but I have no way of making it resize. I will however work on making the window larger.

Edited by sirkut

0.24 - MSI IR - 0.18

I must say, this is messing with my brain for a few seconds every time I read it.

naw, it's KSP 0.24, IR 0.18.1 using TweakScale (TS if you want to get really crazy) 1.26 :)

The reason I ask is I installed 0.18.1 and TweakScale 1.26 then installed Rework. Ran the game and everything works.

That installation does not work for me currently I'm sad to report. From what I can see, there is an unsatisfied dependency on modularFuelTanks by Tweakscale, and I don't seem to be able to satisfy it. See my post there. Do you have RealFuels or modularFuelTanks installed by any chance?

I looked at your craft file and it's exactly what I thought it was. Since the pod is the root of the craft you MUST attach the bottom of the piston to the pod, not the other way around. Once you do that, all is well. :)

The window is indeed narrow but I have no way of making it resize. I will however work on making the window larger.

Ah Ha! yes I can see why that would be a problem, and was going to suggest the possibility of excluding "upside down" connection to a root part, but I'm not sure if this is possible. I'm looking over your repo to see what I can learn. The same goes for the window size, and I'll see what I can do if you accept pull requests? Does the upside down piston cause the group editor InvalidOperationException exceptions I mentioned earlier too?

Thanks for the help. I have some ideas I'd like to explore, and maybe contribute in future. If only I can get this running, and with rework first...

Right before you posted the latest fix KSP was starting properly and all, once I installed the new version(deleted the old one completely) and tried about 5 times but KSP freezes and breaks during Loading of the assets at start, every time during loading of the addon parts. If i remove those parts its all good, if I put them back it crashes on load. Tried 5 times, same result. Didnt you change something about the dll?

Right before you posted the latest fix KSP was starting properly and all, once I installed the new version(deleted the old one completely) and tried about 5 times but KSP freezes and breaks during Loading of the assets at start, every time during loading of the addon parts. If i remove those parts its all good, if I put them back it crashes on load. Tried 5 times, same result. Didnt you change something about the dll?

i changed some stuff but it shouldnt affect asset loading. did you install tweakscale too? i need to see your output log file.

Sorry, Which dll modularfueltanks 5.01?

I've been trying to track it down, but there doesn't seem to be a release archive, and the source code links back to RealFuels. Everything works without TweakScale installed, but naturally I can't scale or use some parts.

@nismobg - I expect a log file would be helpful in finding your issue.

I am having a weird problem with a craft I have used dozens of times. Certain IR parts that connected perfectly in the VAB spontaneously disconnect on launch.

It is always the same ones. The Hydraulic Cylinders on the back legs only disconnect from the Modular girder segment XL, while the front legs, which are exact copies stay connected perfectly-- you can see in the picture the back legs rolling off the launch pad in the background. Also the center gantry falls through the rails of the two gantries on either side that would normally hold it up. I even remade the craft from scratch and the same pieces still fall off. Output Log.

xygXvxz.png

Edited by Smurfalot

Why was the industrial hinge removed? my drone relies on it working, the one I made that has an intergrated engine is working fine for me, so was just wondering if it was removed for a reason I should know about?

I am having a weird problem with a craft I have used dozens of times. Certain IR parts that connected perfectly in the VAB spontaneously disconnect on launch.

It is always the same ones. The Hydraulic Cylinders on the back legs only disconnect from the Modular girder segment XL, while the front legs, which are exact copies stay connected perfectly-- you can see in the picture the back legs rolling off the launch pad in the background. Also the center gantry falls through the rails of the two gantries on either side that would normally hold it up. I even remade the craft from scratch and the same pieces still fall off. Output Log.

My Spidey sense tells me that

[00:00:00]: Structural failure on linkage between TT-70 Radial Decoupler and Gantry Rail Variant.

and

[TweakScale (GameData\TweakScale\plugins\Scale.dll)] Duplicate TweakScale module on part [radialDecoupler2] TT-70 Radial Decoupler

are probably related.

I haven't had a chance to play KSP yet today, but sirkut's description of the new install procedure makes it sound like he no longer needs to update every time TweakScale does.

Have you tried clean installs of InfernalRobotics 18.1 and TweakScale 1.26?

No, not yet. I will check it out after work.

My guess is you didn't do a clean install of 18.1 because I see that you still have IR_TweakScale v0.18.0.0 being found which as far as I'm aware is now obsolete and possibly causing that duplicate.

Are you able to change the scale on anything? I'm having difficulties with the later versions of TweakScale either failing to load, or producing a CTD.

That's an interesting gantry you have there btw.

My Spidey sense tells me that

[00:00:00]: Structural failure on linkage between TT-70 Radial Decoupler and Gantry Rail Variant.

and

[TweakScale (GameData\TweakScale\plugins\Scale.dll)] Duplicate TweakScale module on part [radialDecoupler2] TT-70 Radial Decoupler

are probably related.

My guess is you didn't do a clean install of 18.1 because I see that you still have IR_TweakScale v0.18.0.0 being found which as far as I'm aware is now obsolete and possibly causing that duplicate.

Are you able to change the scale on anything? I'm having difficulties with the later versions of TweakScale either failing to load, or producing a CTD.

That's an interesting gantry you have there btw.

It is an absolutely awesome gantry when I can get it to work...and thanks to you for pointing out that extra file it is working again now! Thank you. Apparently when he had us moving files from the IR folder into the tweakscale folder those old files got retained when I did the re-install of the two mods earlier.

Here is a copy of the craft file, since you seemed to appreciate it.

It is surprisingly rugged (you can drive it directly off the steep side of the launchpad under load), has full X,Y,Z axis, lift and rotation. It can go up to ~28 m/s (with enough torque to flip itself if you are not careful). I am especially proud of the "Rollbar" on the top that will let you flip it back upright if you manage to roll it, just make sure to blow the decouplers that hold it in place for launch first.

The "feet" can be detached by KAS-grabbing the pylons to separate the rover bases the KAS containers have external seats and RTGs that let you turn them into fully functioning independent rovers, which is great for re-purposing parts of an old gantry that is set to be decommissioned.

The craft file requires IR, Duneraider, KAS, Mechjeb and ScanSat.

I hope you enjoy it and use it with my thanks for helping me see the obvious problem that had been alluding me.

Edited by Smurfalot

Why was the industrial hinge removed? my drone relies on it working, the one I made that has an intergrated engine is working fine for me, so was just wondering if it was removed for a reason I should know about?

Something is wrong with the part and how it is set up I think. When you load it and try to make the hinge move it does nothing as if the transform was messed up. I haven't had time to fix it and left it out so people wouldn't continue to fuss about the part.

I installed tweakscale and the new version, tried on a fresh install and old save; only the full size parts appear and as a result all my spacecraft that use quarter and half sized parts are broken. Anyone else with a similar problem?

Something is wrong with the part and how it is set up I think. When you load it and try to make the hinge move it does nothing as if the transform was messed up. I haven't had time to fix it and left it out so people wouldn't continue to fuss about the part.

Cool thanks, I think the only thing that I noticed is for me it tends to not lock rotation and allow 360' but its no biggie.

I made that hinge not long ago, and as I said works ok in 0.18, do you want me to make some new hinges? maybe its a Unity issue, i've noticed alot of crap from 4.3.4 to 4.5.2 is fixed.

I think Tweakscale isn't working at all (under 0.24.1) for whatever reason (TS v1.29 isn't working for me at least), which is causing follow-on issues with MSI/IR because of the dependency

Biotronic might need to update TweakScale for 0.24.1 with the new 1.6.2 of KSPAPIEx

Edited by NoMrBond