[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Installing this mod breaks tweakscale for other parts. I have the latest TweakScale installed separately, but dropping in Infernal Robotics breaks scaling on all other parts. I've seen this with several other mods. If I remove the MagicSmokeIndustries directory from GameData, it all starts working again.

Anyone else see this before?

nalitia,

Try deleting and reinstalling Infernal Robotics. There were some updates in the past couple of weeks that could cause those issues. I'm running both TS 1.34 and IR 0.18.3 without any trouble, so without more information, I can't help.

If that doesn't fix it, please describe how adding IR breaks scaling and upload your output_log.txt (Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt) or player.log (Mac, Linux). For Macs, open Console, browse to Unity, then select player.log.

Installing this mod breaks tweakscale for other parts. I have the latest TweakScale installed separately, but dropping in Infernal Robotics breaks scaling on all other parts. I've seen this with several other mods. If I remove the MagicSmokeIndustries directory from GameData, it all starts working again.

Anyone else see this before?

This is a known issue with mods that use different versions of KSPAPIExtensions at the same time.

Does the .24 updates break old crafts? I cannot get my old crafts from .23 to find the parts from the new updates. Is says its missing washer parts and piston parts all over the place. Any suggestions?

May have been due to me ditching all the various parts and utilize TweakScale to support the various sizes. If you are missing parts, take the parts from an OLD download and place them in the new install, you'll have gobs of duplicates in the VAB but that is the best you are going to get.

Ran into issues after undocking with Claw on Win x64 bit. Built a simple Robotics thing that extends a claw over to the target made of Rotatron, hinge, and a Gantry. After undocking, Robotics messes up and the actuation becomes buggy, with the Nodes no longer where they're supposed to be. Sorry that I don't have anything better of a bug report, but Im wondering if anyone else has this problem?

It's not clear from a player's perspective, but the Claw is basically a universal docking port, so this warning from the first post applies:

Do not dock two crafts together with docking ports attached to pistons. Sure it's cute but it will screw up one of your craft's piston and will do really crazy things. It's a bug, I know about it.

Honestly, I'm surprised it didn't explode. That's usually what happens to me!

Edited by Master Tao
fix quote

Hey Sirkut. I barely have a clue how Git works yet. I don't see the 18.3 version up there. I was going to try to compile your source against the latest KSApiExtensions and TweakScale. But, the latest version I see on Github is 18.1 and it seems to be a WIP. It won't compile currently.

edit: lol, you just committed that. Do you have time today to re-compile?

Edited by mrBlaQ

Hey Sirkut. I barely have a clue how Git works yet. I don't see the 18.3 version up there. I was going to try to compile your source against the latest KSApiExtensions and TweakScale. But, the latest version I see on Github is 18.1 and it seems to be a WIP. It won't compile currently.

I think I know why. Try now and sorry for the issues.

It's compiling just fine now. Loading KSP to test.

IR with an older KAE was conflicting with TeakScale and pFairing. I'll let you know if it works now with latest Scale_Redist and KAE

edit: Ok, I've now tested a little bit. I don't get an IR toolbar button. It doesn't conflict with TeakScale-able parts but does break pFairing scale/size options.

Edited by mrBlaQ

Is there any way I can make my robotic parts even smaller than the smallest I can resize them? They are too big for probes etc. which is a shame.

edit the ir_tweakscale.cfg file. Add a value to scaleFactors, give it a name. done.

health It would update to the latest tweakscale 1.35

It gives me this.

http://i.imgur.com/Jp4BLGA.png

All versions of KSPAPIExtensions in the gamedata folder need to be replaced with the one that is currently in TweakScale. Find that file and replace the one that is in the Infernal Robotics folder.

Updated KSPAPIExtensions to the latest version. Enjoy.

Edited by sirkut

All versions of KSPAPIExtensions in the gamedata folder need to be replaced with the one that is currently in TweakScale. Find that file and replace the one that is in the Infernal Robotics folder.

YAYAYAYAY!!! :D

Thanks. :)

I've tried this with tweakscal 1.36 and my game loads, but no parts show the tweak scale options, I posted my logs on the tweakscale thread if anyone thinks they can help.

i am having issues with the MOD.

I have updated to 0.24.2 for the KSP and I then when and downloaded the InfernalRobotics0.18.4. as I want to use the hinges.

but when I load up the game I am getting an error for

aaa_toolbar

KSPAPIExtension

I have read through the fourm, and I updated the KSPAPIExtension.dll from the TweakScale-1.37, butI am still getting the error.

I also discovered that when I go to flight mode, then I loss all control over the hingles and I also don't get that control window.

what am I doing wrong ?

That sounds like you need to update two other mods: Blizzy's Toolbar and something from this list. If you installed Infernal Robotics on it's own in KSP 0.24.2, you would not see that popup.

Hi Master Tao

thanks for the advice, the Toolbar I was able to resolve, "deleting it :-)" but when I go and check on the version for the InfernalRobotics, i discovered that I am using the current version. I think that I will wait and see that happens, and in the mean time, i will keep on building my crafts.

Updated to the newest version.

Found a problem that in SPH/VAB if i press control+z to rollback, IR's configuration windows instantly mass up, unable to response, gives me a white blank page while my mouse move over the window. QwQ

could be temperately solve by exit and re-enter SPH/VAB, but everytime i rollback it just get into trouble.......

And after been playing for a while i realize i got into whole bunch of troubles......

Really, how could this happen? seems rotation/extension limits isn't working at all, things just keep rotating and flying around..... seems epic though.

QkmKO1X.jpg

hmm, the light just fly out of the rail.......... where it wants to go?

AdqYZwd.jpg

And for this, i am pretty sure i set the a rotation limit from 0 to 90, but well, it danced over 720 degree already..........

Edited by mjmj1996