[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

And a genuine bug report here: When entering a key for a group as an uppercase letter, KSP starts spewing out errors about not finding that key once you try to fly your contraption.

And a genuine bug report here: When entering a key for a group as an uppercase letter, KSP starts spewing out errors about not finding that key once you try to fly your contraption.

Yup. Don't use uppercase letters. Haven't figured how to prevent that.

Looking Good.

I created a routine to make the joints act like servos. The script to make these movements becomes:

run seek(0,0).

run seek(-45,4).

run seek(45,5).

run seek(30,1).

run seek (30,2).

run seek (180,3).

run corners.

Hope you like it.

Yup. Don't use uppercase letters. Haven't figured how to prevent that.

on a hunch, convert letter to lowercase before saving? .ToLower() on the string?

havent touched the code so wouldnt know the first thing about how to fix it, since C#...

edit: i'll send a pullrequest if i figure out a solution.

Edited by vrga

on a hunch, convert letter to lowercase before saving? .ToLower() on the string?

havent touched the code so wouldnt know the first thing about how to fix it, since C#...

edit: i'll send a pullrequest if i figure out a solution.

it is normally better with c# to do a case insensitive match rather than doing two .ToLower()

String.Equals(string1, string2, StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase);

that prevents c# from adding the two new strings to the immutable store and also works better for localization

it is normally better with c# to do a case insensitive match rather than doing two .ToLower()

String.Equals(string1, string2, StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase);

that prevents c# from adding the two new strings to the immutable store and also works better for localization

its irrelevant for this case, since we only want the lowercase letter, because unity differentiates between these when it comes to key binding...

[edit] Pull request

Edited by vrga

Looking Good.

I created a routine to make the joints act like servos. The script to make these movements becomes:

Unrelated questions: Where did you get those wheels? I have been looking all over for such wheels that can be used with athlete parts, since the wheels that were intended to be used with them doesn't seem to be finished yet.

Unrelated questions: Where did you get those wheels? I have been looking all over for such wheels that can be used with athlete parts, since the wheels that were intended to be used with them doesn't seem to be finished yet.

I can jump in on this one, they're the TT Multiwheels Omni-Wheel, one of the most useful wheels ever created for KSP.

I can jump in on this one, they're the TT Multiwheels Omni-Wheel, one of the most useful wheels ever created for KSP.

On closer inspection, I realized they are also side-attached wheels like the rest, and the mod haven;t updated to 0.90. Would be nice if we have a vertical stack attached wheel for use with athletes. What happened to the development of the athletes wheels?

On closer inspection, I realized they are also side-attached wheels like the rest, and the mod haven;t updated to 0.90. Would be nice if we have a vertical stack attached wheel for use with athletes. What happened to the development of the athletes wheels?

I searched high and low for the right wheels. I ventured pretty far in making them, 3D Models etc. But these OMNI wheels are terrific for the Athlete because they caster.

It eliminates all the messing around with angles for fixed direction wheels. That's what sold me on them. Plus you have to look pretty close to tell, as you say.

I'm waiting to see if the fellow who designed the athlete parts will come through with a wheel as well. Based on how few wheel designs there are, it might be a tricky thing to create.

I'm waiting to see if the fellow who designed the athlete parts will come through with a wheel as well. Based on how few wheel designs there are, it might be a tricky thing to create.

There is a definite lack of nice lander legs, and wheels do not seem to be too plentiful either.

Atm I'm having an extended break from KSP. This mainly due to RL commitments but also a lack of motivation for modding. It pleases me to see my parts still in use in various screenshots and videos, despite their untextured state :)

Regarding the wheels, I was really hoping to make use of LoFi's plugin for the athlete wheels, since crab steering was planned. I don't know if this has surfaced yet though. I guess the TT multiwheels plugin would work as a placeholder, presuming it works with the latest KSP version?

Atm I'm having an extended break from KSP. This mainly due to RL commitments but also a lack of motivation for modding. It pleases me to see my parts still in use in various screenshots and videos, despite their untextured state :)

The old IR parts (from before your time) have lived their live, but I cannot imagine using Infernal Robotics without your modded parts. They have become a KSP essential for me. The white and orange is strangely pleasing, though it saddens me your energy ran out.

Edited by Camacha

Regarding the wheels, I was really hoping to make use of LoFi's plugin for the athlete wheels, since crab steering was planned. I don't know if this has surfaced yet though. I guess the TT multiwheels plugin would work as a placeholder, presuming it works with the latest KSP version?

I too really like your parts and have them as an automatic inclusion whenever IR is installed. Not having them just wouldn't seem right :)

Your parts are a must for probes and rover design for me. They are so compact and stylish! Thanks a lot for your work!

Used to love IR back in 0.23.5. Now I can't use it due to its dependency on Tweakscale. I've had so many issues with Tweakscale (mostly related to improper mass calculations for rescaled parts, which may, or may not result in hilarity, mission failure, Kraken attacks, etc.) that I will not have it in my mods list anymore.

Would be nice if the default IR install could use something similar to B9's ability to swap models on the tail parts (raised, lowered, straight, etc.) to allow for different sizes (as it was in 0.23.5...) without cluttering the part list.

Used to love IR back in 0.23.5. Now I can't use it due to its dependency on Tweakscale. I've had so many issues with Tweakscale (mostly related to improper mass calculations for rescaled parts, which may, or may not result in hilarity, mission failure, Kraken attacks, etc.) that I will not have it in my mods list anymore.

Would be nice if the default IR install could use something similar to B9's ability to swap models on the tail parts (raised, lowered, straight, etc.) to allow for different sizes (as it was in 0.23.5...) without cluttering the part list.

Firespitter(what B9 uses) only allow for texture switch. Tweakscale can actually scale the models of parts.

Also, Tweakscale is not a hard dependency. You just can't switch to different sizes of parts. But they otherwise function perfectly fine.

You can delete all the configs for other mods and use Tweakscale only for IR!

You can delete all the configs for other mods and use Tweakscale only for IR!

Yup. What they said. Or just delete the plugin and deal with 1 size only. you can go and modify the values to reflect the other sizes but note that your parts list will be longer now.

Big thank you for this great mod. Now with this and kOS I can make virtual robots.

Can I tweak a dockingwasher_free cfg to make it able to lock? (or make Rotatron free movig with abilites to lock and rotateLimits)

Nope. Joints wont allow it.

Do not attach IR parts directly to docking ports. It will make your life miserable. You have been warned!

Dang missed that. too late now. my station sciense module is a bit off now but its only question of estethics.i can live with that :)

But awesome mod. one of my favourites

Hey, love the mod.

Just have a question about the Gantry rail. I'm having issues with the moving rail part going beyond the actual rail itself. So it becomes a "floaty rail"

This isn't normal is it? Or am I doing something wrong?? The only thing I'm doing is resizing to the smallest size & attaching to some structure