[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Any thoughts on the negative-mass resource joint-strengthening possibly idiotic idea, or the general interaction with TweakScale - 1.44 or earlier, that is, disregarding the iffy stuff in the latest version? It just seems like IR parts ought to be able to be scaled to any size with TS, but they sure can't :(

I'm trying to reference a module from infernorobotics.dll from another dll I'm making.

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'AVTOL': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AVTOL.AVTOL' from assembly 'AVTOL, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

But when I make a copy of infernalrobotics.dll in my own folder, the assembly loads fine.

I wonder what's causing that?

I'm trying to reference a module from infernorobotics.dll from another dll I'm making.

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'AVTOL': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AVTOL.AVTOL' from assembly 'AVTOL, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

But when I make a copy of infernalrobotics.dll in my own folder, the assembly loads fine.

I wonder what's causing that?

The way Ksp loads dlls it must reside in the same directory as your mod. This is why kspapiextensions, for example, is all over the place for various mods(one being IR)

Hi!

First, I gotta ssay this mod is really awesome! Good job! I just have a little problem with it. When I want to launch a test crane on the launch pad, well... it shows only the UI but nothing else. The only command I can do is escape and go back to the VAB. I run with the 0.25 version and 64-bits if I remember correctly (will check it when I will be back home so I can be sure about it). Anyone has this problem? Oh and I use the ALLMODS pack from USI (from MKS/OKS) with MechJeb2 and Remote2...

Thanks for your answer!

V.

Hi!

First, I gotta ssay this mod is really awesome! Good job! I just have a little problem with it. When I want to launch a test crane on the launch pad, well... it shows only the UI but nothing else. The only command I can do is escape and go back to the VAB. I run with the 0.25 version and 64-bits if I remember correctly (will check it when I will be back home so I can be sure about it). Anyone has this problem? Oh and I use the ALLMODS pack from USI (from MKS/OKS) with MechJeb2 and Remote2...

Thanks for your answer!

V.

What version of TweakScale you using? Update it or revert to 1.43

Huge bugs with this release. Totally unplayable. All IR parts cause a crash right on part attachment in VAB . Once I deleted your "dependancy" called TweakScale the parts can be mounted. When will you provide an update for to support the dependancy? Or is this an issue with the mod author of Tweakscale?

Edited by lextacy

So is tweakscale required or optional to use this mod?

If you want the various sizes then TweakScale is necessary. if you want to be stuck with the "standard" size of each part, feel free not to use tweakscale.

I'm looking into the VAB part limit movement problem. It's my first time looking into mods for this game, but I've been able to find my way around it pretty well. The only think I can't figure out it where it actually moves the models for the parts, or more specifically, what functions actually move them.

What version of TweakScale you using? Update it or revert to 1.43

Finally, I deleted TweakScale because it was not useful for me but then, I got another problem! :P When I launch the same crane and try to move the parts, they act weird and move in strange ways with spaces between the inner parts of the piston as an example. Any ideas?

>Do not attach IR parts directly to docking ports. It will make your life miserable. You have been warned!

Me: *builds a station part with a rotating dock washer beneath a clamp-o-tron sr.* "What could POSSIBLY go wrong?"

*mfw the docked part rips itself asunder below the giant SAS ring, as the washer turned*

Me: "Welp... THAT went wrong!"

*reverted the game... and will try and reincorporate the dock washer again... NOT immediately below the clamp-o-tron sr.*

Edited by Dire_Squid

@Varmoes:

Pictures and an output log, please. Also, read the How to Get Support sticky in the Support (modded installs) forum.

@Dire_Squid:

That won't help. If you weren't already aware, KSP crafts are internally represented as trees starting from the first part you place. Any IR part that moves the branch a docking port (or Claw) is on will cause problems.

So you remove Tweakscale and the problem goes away? What made you think this is a problem with IR again? Anyway, just so you know, TweakScale 1.47 apparently fixed that issue.

tweakscale did fix the issue good enough , perhaps Skirut could make the parts for the different sizes as he used to. Things were much more stable.

They're only stable until TweakScale updates. With the old way, every TweakScale update completely broke scaling in IR. This way, sirkut only has to update for massive changes to TweakScale and KSP. That means more of her/his precious time to add awesome features. :D

@Varmoes:

Pictures and an output log, please. Also, read the How to Get Support sticky in the Support (modded installs) forum.

@Dire_Squid:

That won't help. If you weren't already aware, KSP crafts are internally represented as trees starting from the first part you place. Any IR part that moves the branch a docking port (or Claw) is on will cause problems.

Yeah, I noticed.

That's why I placed a squat Heavy LFO tank above the washer, but below the dock. Worked like a CAREFULLY-SPUN charm.

Problem since install of KOS 0.15.1, Toolbar for servo control will not appear.

I reverted to older KOS, problem remains.

Disabled all but IR mod. Problem remains.

Deleted persistence file... problem remains.

Cleaned, re-installed IR and modulemanager... problem remains.

I haven't tried a complete reinstall. but that is next.

log file:

FlightGlobals.mainBody: Kerbin

[LOG 12:24:52.807] Reference Frame: Rotating

[LOG 12:24:52.808] stage manager resuming...

[LOG 12:24:52.808] [iR GUI] vessel probeCoreCube

[LOG 12:24:52.808] [iR GUI] 1 groups

[LOG 12:24:52.808] setupJoints - !gotOrig

[LOG 12:24:52.809] Vessel assembly complete!

[LOG 12:24:52.809] stage manager starting...

[LOG 12:24:52.809] all systems started

[LOG 12:24:52.831] setupJoints - !gotOrig

[LOG 12:24:52.838] KOSToolBarWindow: PROOF: OnGUI() was called at least once on instance number 23

[LOG 12:24:52.844] [KAE] Registering field prefabs for version 1.7.1.2 (latest)

[LOG 12:24:52.844] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit_1_7_1_2 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit

[LOG 12:24:52.845] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit_1_7_1_2 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit

[LOG 12:24:52.846] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption_1_7_1_2 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption

[LOG 12:24:52.846] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption_1_7_1_2 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption

[LOG 12:24:52.848] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 23 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.848] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 23 will now actually make its hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 22 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 21 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 20 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 19 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 18 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 17 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 16 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 15 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 14 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 13 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 12 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 11 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 10 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 9 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 8 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 7 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 6 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 5 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 4 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 3 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 2 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.849] KOSToolBarWindow: Instance number 1 is trying to ready the hooks

[LOG 12:24:52.852] [scenarioDestructibles]: Started. 39 objects registered

[LOG 12:24:57.810] [VesselSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)

[LOG 12:24:57.877] setupJoints - !gotOrig

[LOG 12:24:57.926] setupJoints - !gotOrig

[WRN 12:24:58.011] [CurrencyWidgetsApp]: No live widgets to Despawn!

[LOG 12:24:58.012] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft

[LOG 12:24:59.064] Flight State Captured

[LOG 12:24:59.064] Saving Achievements Tree...

[LOG 12:24:59.099] Game State Saved as persistent

[LOG 12:25:04.255] [untitled Space Craft]: ground contact! - error: 0.038m

[LOG 12:25:04.255] Unpacking Untitled Space Craft

[LOG 12:25:06.976] [Orbit Targeter]: Target is null

[LOG 12:25:07.597] [Orbit Targeter]: Target is null

[LOG 12:25:08.015] [Orbit Targeter]: Target is null

[EXC 12:25:17.877] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

TTMultiWheelsEngine.OnDestroy ()

[EXC 12:25:17.888] NullReferenceException

PQS.ResetSphere ()

PQS.ResetSphere ()

PQS.OnDestroy ()

[EXC 12:25:17.894] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

TTMultiWheelsEngine.OnDestroy ()

http://youtu.be/peZt5IwRFaM

Is this a problem when moving things like KAS winches when they are "docked" do another vessel? Or capable of it?
When you switch the winch to docked it's like a normal docking port, the ships becomes one and the same problem may occur depending which parts get shuffled around in the tree order.

Problem since install of KOS 0.15.1, Toolbar for servo control will not appear.

I reverted to older KOS, problem remains.

Disabled all but IR mod. Problem remains.

Deleted persistence file... problem remains.

Cleaned, re-installed IR and modulemanager... problem remains.

I haven't tried a complete reinstall. but that is next.

log file:

http://youtu.be/peZt5IwRFaM

When you "reinstall" IR are you just copying the IR directory you had back into the game? If so, do a fresh install of IR from the zip package. I suspect the coordinates for the control window are out of the range of your window.