[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Hello all is there anyplace to get a MagicSmokeIndustries Infernal robotics manual or how to do it .

Here is a question if you please?

Is there a section to control groups & sub groups from one panel in IR I have articulated claws & arms real pain to control.

Any help out there?

Thanks

Would it be possible to create a part like the rotatron or docking washer that is capable of sun-tracking? That'd allow a working truss system like on the ISS,and, unless I'm horribly wrong, it doesn't seem like it should be that difficult. I think the ISS community mod had something like that work on that trus system, if it helps

Would it be possible to create a part like the rotatron or docking washer that is capable of sun-tracking? That'd allow a working truss system like on the ISS,and, unless I'm horribly wrong, it doesn't seem like it should be that difficult. I think the ISS community mod had something like that work on that trus system, if it helps

I know I say this for about anything, but you could use kOS to automate that.

The difficulty I always find with trying to do solar panel sun tracking, and the reason I rarely ever bother, is the limitation built into the stock KSP system itself that vessels on rails don't fully "exist" in the normal sense, and thus cannot be steered, rotated, or anything. That makes stationkeeping, and solar panel rotation, both utterly impossible for a set of multiple satellites that are not within 2.5 km of each other, unless you're willing to spend all your time constantly swapping focus between them and never, say, trying to timewarp through 60 days quickly.

It would be unfair, for example, if the game started tracking perturbations and the like and distorting your orbits if it didn't *also* let vessels on rails move themselves, because that limitation would utterly prevent your ability to do proper stationkeeping to compensate for the perturbations.

See, my idea was based more around the idea of treating the washers and anything attatched after them as solar panels themselves, when the craft is on rails, as opposed to actually moving it. I don't really understand what you mean in your example at the end there, but it sounds like you are talking about the effects on multiple crafts? I don't see where the issue would be if we were only talking about one station by itself.

It's been asked many times and I honestly believe this is beyond the scope of the mod. I'll look into it when I'm not too busy during this "season" of mine but I can't make any guarantees.

It's been asked many times and I honestly believe this is beyond the scope of the mod. I'll look into it when I'm not too busy during this "season" of mine but I can't make any guarantees.

One could try using it in junction with kOS.

I don't know where's the root of the problem (I suppose it's a stock ksp issue, though), but when I'm trying to attach several robotic mechanisms using VAB symmetry mode - the cloned ones do not have the adjusted angles settings as the original one.

Any idea or help on how to solve it?

after placing the mirror, right click on the original servo to bring up its tweakables window, then right click on the mirrored servo. the values from the original should populate the mirror.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it soon as I get home today.

Also, I've noticed a funny thing in this symmetry issue. For instance, I've created a robotic assembly that consists of several robotic parts, tweaked the parts and then mirrored the assembly using symmetry mode to, say, 4 symmetric parts.

Then, in IR popup window I see that the cloned parts haven't inherited the IR parts tweaked in the original part, but when I've tweaked any cloned assembly - the rest of them "automatically" inherit the new settings.

I can't get my parts to attach at all. They appear green then when a click to attach they do not. Following that it won't let me drop the part. Any idea whats going on. I'm using .90 with the latest version of IR and 5.2.8 modmanager.

Del

Sorry if this was already asked (tl:dr) but would it be possible to assign axis more often to different keys?

So that i can assign one Servo to different groups.

This would make Robotic Arms much more easy to handle...

I made a video below, because I'm not sure if you know what i mean...

This mod is awesome. But there's a single problem that is very frustrating (sorry if someone told this before), and the problem is that the parts sometimes bug out (when i move then from place, or use the IR group menu to use them) and become nonaligned. Like this:

[spoiler:AlignBug] gRpWkn2.pngSCYfXWH.png

As you can see in the second image, it says that it's translated to 90, but it isn't.

IR and kOS Coordinated movement of multiple servos.

http://youtu.be/iAfYi4srj64

Awesome!! Are those the TT omni wheels, and do they work in the latest KSP release?

Probably doesn't help that you've got the first piston on backwards.

As you can see in the second image, it says that it's translated to 90, but it isn't.

Awesome!! Are those the TT omni wheels, and do they work in the latest KSP release?

:)

Those are the TT Omni wheels, and they work great! Better than I expected actually, they swivel like casters and eliminated the need to develop steering code.

They are a bit tricky to steer, but I soon got the hang of it.

The numbers go round and round but the washer never moves. The red spot is on the bottom. New Group is the washer, New Group 2 is the hinge.

Craft http://pastebin.com/6FYg6h6r

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3941/15485370047_e3a52635d4_z.jpgShooter Rover by g_alan_e, on Flickr

Also, the nodes won't snap, except for when I first pull a washer out of inventory, then it jitters up and down and I can only get it to snap on down inside the RGU. 'Tis an issue with several parts that makes it difficult to get them stuck on where they need to be.

I'll look at the craft file tomorrow. Is the washer upside down? I want to say I made the red marker be the part that is supposed to move, I could be wrong.

As for attaching he washer it's a known issue due to how large the nodes are and how close they are to one another. There is nothing that can be done other than using greys node helper to toggle attach nodes on/off but that isn't worth the effort.

I just took a quick look at it. The washer's right side up and attached, but scaling it up to "Large" causes it to stop moving.

I suspect it's related node sizes because I saw the same issue when trying to give the Station parts Size 2 stack nodes.

[Yes, quoting some ancient posts, but they are relevant to my interests...]

I can verify that it is indeed the node sizes. I ran into the same problem using a hand-scaled docking washer (tweakscale is... *twitch*) and I had set the node sizes to 2. The 1.25m waser worked fine, the 2.5m version did not. I poked around the thread and found the above posts and thought "oh, of course!". I set the node sizes to 1 and the 2.5m washer worked just fine and dandy :)

I believe the problem is KSP's "new" (as of 0.23.5) stack joints: node sizes 0 and 1 are unaffected, but 2+ get extra joints that effectively lock the larger washer in place. Before searching the thread, I had noticed that the washer was trying to turn, but just wobbled around instead.

Anyway, long story short, I guess I need to take another poke at IR's code and see what I can do (might even be able to sort out the docking port issue).

[Yes, quoting some ancient posts, but they are relevant to my interests...]

I can verify that it is indeed the node sizes. I ran into the same problem using a hand-scaled docking washer (tweakscale is... *twitch*) and I had set the node sizes to 2. The 1.25m waser worked fine, the 2.5m version did not. I poked around the thread and found the above posts and thought "oh, of course!". I set the node sizes to 1 and the 2.5m washer worked just fine and dandy :)

I believe the problem is KSP's "new" (as of 0.23.5) stack joints: node sizes 0 and 1 are unaffected, but 2+ get extra joints that effectively lock the larger washer in place. Before searching the thread, I had noticed that the washer was trying to turn, but just wobbled around instead.

Anyway, long story short, I guess I need to take another poke at IR's code and see what I can do (might even be able to sort out the docking port issue).

If you can that would be splendid. Right now is just a really busy time for me so my attention to these weird issues has been rather slim.

Sirkut: Yup, I had just narrowed this down on the gantry as well. (Using a size 2+ node). Thanks for looking into it!

Interestingly, using the smaller node size, and the NODE{} style definition, I *think* that docking ports work properly attached to IR parts.

If someone else can confirm, or give me a 100% break use-case, I'll double check that theory.

I can't get my parts to attach at all. They appear green then when a click to attach they do not. Following that it won't let me drop the part. Any idea whats going on. I'm using .90 with the latest version of IR and 5.2.8 modmanager.

Del

I have this same bug happening. Makes this mod unusable :(

Athlete Rover update.

Everything works! I just have to find some more time to write routines for bug walking, unloading from lander, leg leveling,

Also looking to climb over a low wall, jump like a rabbit with a cushioned landing, operate as a forklift, and panic stop mode (no flipping over when braking hard).

This video demonstrates a new feature. I guess you could call it auto-aiming headlights. It makes driving around a lot more interesting. The Kerbal pilot has a lot to do, navigating and studying his surroundings as he goes.

.--.       .--.
\ /"
|\ `\___/' /|
\\ .-'@ @`-. //
|| .'_________`. ||
\\.'^ Y ^`.//
.' | `.
: | :
: ATHLETE :
: Ver.1 :
: _ | _ :
:. (_) | (_) :