[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Is there the possibility that that two mods (infernal and damned robotics) will merge, so we can have it as a bundle maybe eventually...^^ If DYJ gives his permission AND you are willing to do...:D

Id like to help, but i am a simple key account manager for real estate and flats...not even a little bit of a plan about coding/modeling :/

I doubt it but the good news is we are working on new parts so you won't have to use Damned Robotic parts. I'm working on a hinge right now to replace the one that came with Damned Robotics.

I doubt it but the good news is we are working on new parts so you won't have to use Damned Robotic parts. I'm working on a hinge right now to replace the one that came with Damned Robotics.

Everyone do the snoopy dance

EDIT: Its when snoopy is happy and dances around

Edited by Toyotawolf

How can you not know the snoopy dance!?!

now i feels old =(

Sad fact is that i'm older than Toyota....ahh well i get it now...i was thinking of snoop dogg not snoopy...

There we go theres the next challenge using the new robotics make a robot that does the snoopy dance.

I hope the authors of Damned Robotics (now Infernal Robotics ?) will continue their good work, and of course sirkut as well.

This stuff adds too much fun and opens up so many avenues, I mean that slider alone opens up so many possibilities... like this rough idea I am working on...

KSP_MiningRover_zps87893c53.png

Its not an original idea, I got the notion from Armageddon , that Armadillo rover they took to mine into the asteroid.

Thanks for the hard work.

Some suggestions if I may...

1) Set starting positions of each component

2) Set a max and minimal position for each component (as needs dictate rather than the widest possible movement range)

3) Adjust movement speeds

4) Audio would be nice

Just some ideas for you to think about, not demands.

I hope the authors of Damned Robotics (now Infernal Robotics ?) will continue their good work, and of course sirkut as well.

This stuff adds too much fun and opens up so many avenues, I mean that slider alone opens up so many possibilities... like this rough idea I am working on...

KSP_MiningRover_zps87893c53.png

Its not an original idea, I got the notion from Armageddon , that Armadillo rover they took to mine into the asteroid.

Thanks for the hard work.

2) Set a max and minimal position for each component (as needs dictate rather than the widest possible movement range)

4) Audio would be nice

Just some ideas for you to think about, not demands.

Very cool and I like the suggestions although I think the IR parts already have a return to original position button

They have a move to original position but no way a user can set that position from the VAB, like for example the large hinge starts facing up so if you were going to make something that raises up from a horizontal position it would always start raised unless you added bits and pieces to make the hinge attach sideways... the suggestion would be to be able to say set the hinge already moved to the lowered position and make that the new original position for that craft.

Not sure yet if this is plausible. I will look into if it's doable during the VAB/SPH scene.

This can be changed in the CFG file but during flight I'll look into it.

For cylinder/pistons you specify in the cfg:

translateLimits = True

translateMin = 0

translateMax = 1.3

For rotational items its:

rotateLimits = True

rotateMin = 0.0

rotateMax = 90.0

This can be changed in the CFG file but during flight I'll look into it.

In the CFG you can change the value of:

cylinder/pistons: keyRotateSpeed

rotational items: keyTranslateSpeed

4) Audio would be nice

I'll look into it.

Another thing to have with new hinges/joints would be some way of telling the sides apart. The old DR "elbow" for example, sometimes when using symmetry with it, you can't easily tell in the VAB which way it will hinge until you've sent it to the launch pad, and end up with joints that hinge right on one side, but wrong on the other.

Another thing to have with new hinges/joints would be some way of telling the sides apart. The old DR "elbow" for example, sometimes when using symmetry with it, you can't easily tell in the VAB which way it will hinge until you've sent it to the launch pad, and end up with joints that hinge right on one side, but wrong on the other.

Don't worry. I'm working on the new hinge part right now (both open AND closed) and it will have a small label stating what is the fixed base and the part that moves.

how hard would it be to do the following

15 (or selectable) degree increments option

no-GUI mode, right click on the part and do "go to increment" "Increment right/left"

integrate this into a docking port directly

which these options in place, you could assemble stations or planetary/lunar bases with ease and without driving up your part count or having to dock with ultra precision

how hard would it be to do the following

15 (or selectable) degree increments option

no-GUI mode, right click on the part and do "go to increment" "Increment right/left"

integrate this into a docking port directly

which these options in place, you could assemble stations or planetary/lunar bases with ease and without driving up your part count or having to dock with ultra precision

one of my wishes is to intergrate the MSI animator into IR, so effectively you would be able to do this with any part that has an animation attached to it but it would overcome the problem of things not moving with animated parts.

MSI animator?

It's another plugin that I wrote that handles animations. This is useful for partially extending landing legs for example. I got tired of landing on crooked surfaces so I wrote this plugin. It's not currently out as we are working on the parts that will be released with it. Eventually I hope to tie both plugins together but for now they are separate. Here's a link to the info: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/39367-WIP-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Animator

It's another plugin that I wrote that handles animations. This is useful for partially extending landing legs for example. I got tired of landing on crooked surfaces so I wrote this plugin. It's not currently out as we are working on the parts that will be released with it. Eventually I hope to tie both plugins together but for now they are separate. Here's a link to the info: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/39367-WIP-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Animator

And here is an example of IR working alongside the MSI Animator...

New claws coming, these are the small version for picking up dead kerbals. We tend to have alot of clones around the runway and often need to clean them up. :) (and flinging them into something lol)

here is a close up of the smaller claw. It's handy now to be able to have all this in one part and have it completely controllable.. and whats even better is these are just the first few parts we are churning out, there is some really cool stuff we haven't even posted yet.

image.php?id=EB49_51FCA2FD&jpg

Edited by Devo