[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

sirkut, could you please add a bottom attachment node to the rotatrons (the normal ones, not the vectoring ones)

thx, elind21

Go to the rotatron CFG and add this line right under the node_stack_top line.

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

That will give you what you want. Do it for the other two occurences in the file. My DSL is acting up so I can't make the change.

Go to the rotatron CFG and add this line right under the node_stack_top line.

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

That will give you what you want. Do it for the other two occurences in the file. My DSL is acting up so I can't make the change.

Thx

BTW, speaking about the nodes...

They are not properly placed on the new docking washer models.

A huge gap on one side and an intersect on the other. You should better fix this.

However you don't even need to figure out the proper numbers! I've already done this. :wink:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.0175, 0.0 , 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0525, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

These numbers are very precise. No gaps or overlaps are seen with any possible zooming. :cool:

They are true for all sizes, because the rescale factor corrects them for each part.

Edited by Absolute Human

So I made this base builder a while back, but it's too big to get it in realistic way to space.

screenshot32_zpsb4ed2535.png

I also made a Athelete replica, which was too clumsy to do anything useful.

screenshot27_zpsdcfa1fc8.png

Which got me thinking; why not mix the good parts of both designs.

Which resulted in BRUTuS Mk5, only a few parts(compared to the others) and a lot simpler with the same capabilities.

brutusmk5_zps588c095b.png

The claw is finished. We are just wrapping up some stuff for the Animator plugin and parts.

The claw will be a separate part from the Infernal Robotics because everyone will use the MSI Animator plugin which essentially is "similar" to the robotic parts except you are controlling an animation. This works because we are only attaching one point and it's not necessary to perform translations like the robotic parts do.

BUT now that you mention it. It wouldn't hurt to release a claw that is part of the robotics pack so you can build custom claws (ie. a 2 armed pincher). I'll see what I can muster up.

Hi Sirkut,

Just a query, will you be including the reversed gantry myself and others edited cfg's to create? It would certainly be useful to have official ones (for .craft file sharing etc). I suspect the surface attachment point will either need to be changed for it though.

This was the only other thing that I recall being mentioned:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/37707-0-21-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Parts-Infernal-Robotics-0-8a?p=626690&viewfull=1#post626690

That's if you want to include them of course. After all it's introducing a part to get around a more serious bug with either IR or KSP, so I don't know if you want to do that.

Also, something else while I think about it. Free spinning versions of the tall hinges? I used my own versions for that spider a number of pages ago to reduce part count. The only thing is that with the current approach to free spinning the hinge can turn a full 360 rather than +-90 degrees. Still something to consider though.

Unpowered versions of your hinges would be nice, I've got an idea to make a base train using your hinges to make universal joints that would handle the curves and dips. Better method of changing locations than trying to drag a big stiff pole to another location....

Also it'll look more awesome!

THIS... I've been looking for a damned robotics replacement (this has got to be added to stock ksp btw). Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Some sort of all directional hinge like on a trailer ball or 5th wheel would be nice. Oh and a suspensatron! A back in dammed robotics someone added spring stiffness to free spinning rotatrons so that it would move and flex but return back to where it was. Worked great for suspension.

My minor crime against engineering for the day:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

That's an 1.25m caliber cargo bay. Try as I might, I couldn't figure out a way for it to go back in -- there just isn't enough space for a pair of docking ports, and a KAS winch squished that deep into it generates a swirl of phantom forces.