[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

I'm trying to make a wing folding aircraft, but even without control surface on the folding wings, the hinge got a HUGE flex.

Can I modify the .cfg file to make it stronger? What do I need to tweak?

Anyone ever try that?

In advance, and for this great mod, thx.

edit:typo

I have no 000toolbar button for IR and I can't control them even with the hotkeys, very weird.
The same... :( .. anyone knows how to fix?

Gonna be a hard one to track down, as it sounds like either a conflicting mod, or something isn't updated to the latest version.

I'm seeing it just fine, and it seems to be working with the keyboard shortcuts without issues here.

I'm running:

• Infernal Robotics (v0.12)
  • 000Toolbar (as deployed with IR)
  • B9 Aerospace
  • KW Rocketry
  • NovaPunch
  • Aviation Lights
  • Texture Compressor
  • FloorIt
  • Fueltastic
  • Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
  • HotRockets
  • Docking Indicator
  • Procedural Wings
  • SelectRoot
  • RollKage
  • TT Mk4 fuselage (though the parts aren't showing up yet, for some reason)
  • Tweakable Docking Node
  • ModuleManager

Great mod. Would like to see the return of the "claw" in different sizes.

I am new to ksp, brought it through steam. I am having a few issues.

I can place the parts on a ship/rover and a gui shows up to add groups.

On launching said ship i have no gui or button in toolbar. Installed using mod manager.

How do open hinged work ? Just place it in between 2 parts?.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Hi new user to ksp. Have steam version.23

When building a ship i have the gui to group.

On launching i have no control gui or toolbar.

I did have it but reinstalled ksp. May be a conflict with

Another mod will try fresh install and just add this mod

See if works. See if it is conflicting.

Not sure im connected open hinge correctly. Anyone post image ?

From what ive seen awesome mod, looking forward

To the "claw" rebirth ;)

Thanks

Gonna be a hard one to track down, as it sounds like either a conflicting mod, or something isn't updated to the latest version.

I'm seeing it just fine, and it seems to be working with the keyboard shortcuts without issues here.

I'm running:

• Infernal Robotics (v0.12)
  • 000Toolbar (as deployed with IR)
  • B9 Aerospace
  • KW Rocketry
  • NovaPunch
  • Aviation Lights
  • Texture Compressor
  • FloorIt
  • Fueltastic
  • Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
  • HotRockets
  • Docking Indicator
  • Procedural Wings
  • SelectRoot
  • RollKage
  • TT Mk4 fuselage (though the parts aren't showing up yet, for some reason)
  • Tweakable Docking Node
  • ModuleManager

Im running this:

000Toolbar

B9

DeadlyReentry

EnhancedNavBall

FAR

FinalFrontier

KAS

KDex

KerbPaint

Kethane

KW

LTech

IR

NodeSelect

MechJeb2

PartCatalog

RT2

ResGen

Romfarer

SH_mk2CockpitInternal

TAC Life Support

TAC Fuel Balancer

KerbalAlarmClock

KSPAlternateResourcePanel

I also have the ModuleManager_1_5_5.

Only the IR don't work...

Att

Im running this:

000Toolbar

B9

DeadlyReentry

EnhancedNavBall

FAR

FinalFrontier

KAS

KDex

KerbPaint

Kethane

KW

LTech

IR

NodeSelect

MechJeb2

PartCatalog

RT2

ResGen

Romfarer

SH_mk2CockpitInternal

TAC Life Support

TAC Fuel Balancer

KerbalAlarmClock

I also have the ModuleManager_1_5_5.

Only the IR don't work...

Att

If I were in your shoes, I would take a look at other mods that utilize the ToolBar (such as FAR), or that otherwise mess with the UI in some way, temporarily pull them out, then re-introduce them in order of relative age.

Do all of those mods have versions declared compatible with 0.23 and the latest ToolBar version as well? Maybe there's one in there that works just fine for the most part game-wise, but is conflicting with another one of the mods?

With that long mod list, it's going to take a little time (and lots of re-loading), but try pulling out the ones that are different from what I'm running (to save time, and since I know my particular collection works fine all around), and add them back in ones or twos until you home in on the one that's breaking the IR interface.

A good way to quickly find an offending mod in a big list is to work in halves. First, remove half the mods, leaving the other half installed. Problems persists? Half the remaining list again. Problem gone? Try the other half of the mods. That way you do not have to test them all individually.

Only when multiple mods combined are causing trouble this could get a little tricky, but that is tricky anyway.

A good way to quickly find an offending mod in a big list is to work in halves. First, remove half the mods, leaving the other half installed. Problems persists? Half the remaining list again. Problem gone? Try the other half of the mods. That way you do not have to test them all individually.

Only when multiple mods combined are causing trouble this could get a little tricky, but that is tricky anyway.

Given that it seems to be some kind of UI and keymapping issue, I'd be looking at mods that influence those, such as

EnhancedNavBall

FAR

NodeSelect

MechJeb2 (this one is always the first on my suspects list, because of its complexity and history of breaking outright when the devs so much as sneeze in the direction of the game code)

PartCatalog

RT2

Romfarer (another one that seems to be a little twitchy with other mods due to its complexity)

TAC Life Support

TAC Fuel Balancer

KerbalAlarmClock

I checked through them all, and they all indicate they're compatible with v0.23 of the game, so it has to be an unforeseen conflict between IR and (I'm betting) one of the other mods.

I checked through them all, and they all indicate they're compatible with v0.23 of the game, so it has to be an unforeseen conflict between IR and (I'm betting) one of the other mods.

Turn off half of those mods, et cetera :P

Is there a bug where there's no toolbar icon and no servo controller ?

Edit found my problem so if anyone as about the same problem make so you don't have MuMechLib.dll hiding in a folder some where took it out and all good now,Now to see if why, I needed it still works :confused:

Edited by Mecripp2

Hello, I'd like to ask for a little help. I installed this recently to find that none of the parts are in the tech tree. Is there a known issue, or have I installed something wrong?

All the parts are there in creative, but none can be found in career, tried starting a new game and everything.

WORKED!!!!

I just organize and made a clean on some mods, can't tell witch one because I deletede I wasnt using, some of them are not on this list, after that, it started working fine!

Thank you!!! :)

YAY! Good work, now get to blowin' stuff up! :D

Hello, I'd like to ask for a little help. I installed this recently to find that none of the parts are in the tech tree. Is there a known issue, or have I installed something wrong?

All the parts are there in creative, but none can be found in career, tried starting a new game and everything.

same here!

I have an idea for this mod. Firstly, I love IR, and use it constantly, and I thought it'd be really cool to have sort of springy parts which stretch or contract, then revert to their original state when the button is released. I built an ultralight plane recently and it occurred to me that having the ability to manually move control surfaces around with cables (or whatever) would be an elegant little addition for aesthetically Heath Robinson crafts like my ultralight. Naturally I thought of IR, but there doesn't seem to be any equivalent part available that would allow that functionality. Anyway I'll stop rambling now, but in a future update that would be swish to see :)

Is it possible to get a "light pack" version of the mod?

One with 2 parts of rotating motors (say 1 small 1 large), 2 parts of hinges and 2 parts of pistons? Just a simple mod with the least extra parts as possible?

Is it possible to get a "light pack" version of the mod?

One with 2 parts of rotating motors (say 1 small 1 large), 2 parts of hinges and 2 parts of pistons? Just a simple mod with the least extra parts as possible?

Sure, just delete the rest :)

As it is impossible to meets everyone's needs, that is actually the best solution.

I'm having a trouble here. the Tracking Station is not loading, the game freezes in the black loading screen (once I wait a lot, and it was freeze yet), the only way to work around this crash is ctrl-alt-del and delete task.

I know that its because infernal robotics cause I removed the toolbar mod and the tracking station worked, but ships with infernal robotics parts didn't load. I became curious and then inverted, I removed ONLY InfernalRobotics.dll and, also, the tracking station worked but not loading several ships.

one more strange fact, this happens just in my main savegame, I started a new one with all mods installed and no crashes at all.

any help or tip would be thankful

I'm having a trouble here. the Tracking Station is not loading, the game freezes in the black loading screen (once I wait a lot, and it was freeze yet), the only way to work around this crash is ctrl-alt-del and delete task.

I know that its because infernal robotics cause I removed the toolbar mod and the tracking station worked, but ships with infernal robotics parts didn't load. I became curious and then inverted, I removed ONLY InfernalRobotics.dll and, also, the tracking station worked but not loading several ships.

one more strange fact, this happens just in my main savegame, I started a new one with all mods installed and no crashes at all.

any help or tip would be thankful

That's a really weird bug. Have you tried looking at your crash logs? They might have some useful info?

That's a really weird bug. Have you tried looking at your crash logs? They might have some useful info?

I agree with the weirdness. If youre talking about the folder that appears after a crash, no crash logs has been created :(

BUT! I just took a look at the KSP-Log file and saw that remotetech was tha last entry, and guess what, worked without remotetech.dll (It's always remotetech! :confused: )

I'm probably changing thread now, again

thanks

I have an idea for this mod. Firstly, I love IR, and use it constantly, and I thought it'd be really cool to have sort of springy parts which stretch or contract, then revert to their original state when the button is released. I built an ultralight plane recently and it occurred to me that having the ability to manually move control surfaces around with cables (or whatever) would be an elegant little addition for aesthetically Heath Robinson crafts like my ultralight. Naturally I thought of IR, but there doesn't seem to be any equivalent part available that would allow that functionality. Anyway I'll stop rambling now, but in a future update that would be swish to see :)
Do you know you can adjust the "jointSpring =" value in the parts .cfg? You'd need to duplicate a part and change it's name not to mess up the original but I think that's the effect you're looking for. I have suspension with springy hinges and rotators, it was released a While Ago, try in the 5 - 40 range.

The .zip is invalid. Tried renaming, still invalid. Tried 7-zip, still invalid. Tried redownloading and doing that again twice, still invalid.

ZIP Repair managed to fix it, but still. That is a significant issue.

EDIT: it appears the repaired version cannot correctly install.

Edited by Pds314

Do you know you can adjust the "jointSpring =" value in the parts .cfg? You'd need to duplicate a part and change it's name not to mess up the original but I think that's the effect you're looking for. I have suspension with springy hinges and rotators, it was released a While Ago, try in the 5 - 40 range.

Saweet! Cheers, that sounds perfect :)

The .zip is invalid. Tried renaming, still invalid. Tried 7-zip, still invalid. Tried redownloading and doing that again twice, still invalid.

ZIP Repair managed to fix it, but still. That is a significant issue.

EDIT: it appears the repaired version cannot correctly install.

Huh? Everyone else has been downloadin it.