[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Thanks to @Benji13 and @Drew Kerman for the reports regarding our "H" button showing where is shouldn't.  Your help is quite valuable.

Our code looks right to me, but I feel there is certainly something wrong, so I'm hoping for some help.

I've added an issue in our repo to track this.

https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/12

Edited by Ezriilc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Ezriilc,

Just wanted to let you know that your mod might conflict with Kopernicus (the base mod for all planet packs). I've been testing my planet pack mod with HyperEdit and since I started using it this sometimes happens:

0HlPMVl.png

One other person has reported the same behavior with the HyperEdit 1.5.3/Kopernicus 1.2.0-2 combo and another one hasn't yet confirmed, but was running HyperEdit.

1 minute ago, CaptRobau said:

Hi @Ezriilc,

Just wanted to let you know that your mod might conflict with Kopernicus (the base mod for all planet packs). I've been testing my planet pack mod with HyperEdit and since I started using it this sometimes happens:

One other person has reported the same behavior with the HyperEdit 1.5.3/Kopernicus 1.2.0-2 combo and another one hasn't yet confirmed, but was running HyperEdit.

Thanks for the report, but I'd need more info to investigate, like what exactly you're trying to do, specific steps to reproduce it, etc..

Just now, CaptRobau said:

This is how I could reproduce it just now.

1. Have nothing installed but Kopernicus 1.2.0-2, Outer Planets Mod 1.2 and HyperEdit 1.5.3
  2. Load up a sandbox save
  3. Launch or goto a vessel on the pad
  4. Warp this vessel to Hale (15k orbit is safe)

For good measure, I ran the Windows 64-bit version of KSP on Steam.

When you say "Warp this vessel", do you mean use the HyperEdit Orbit Editor?

2 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

This is how I could reproduce it just now.

1. Have nothing installed but Kopernicus 1.2.0-2, Outer Planets Mod 1.2 and HyperEdit 1.5.3
  2. Load up a sandbox save
  3. Launch or goto a vessel on the pad
  4. Warp this vessel to Hale (15k orbit is safe)

For good measure, I ran the Windows 64-bit version of KSP on Steam.

I was able to confirm this.  It goes away when one zooms out far enough from the body.  It also goes away permanently when one switches to another scene and back.

This appears to be related to the graphics in the Outer Planets mod and/or Kopernicus, as we've not had any reports of this in a stock install.  I recommend you ask one or both of them if they have any insight.

Additionally, the fact that it goes away after reloading the scene, makes me wonder if there may be some way to address it in HyperEdit, but I have no idea how.  Let's hear what the other mod's folks have to say.

Hale graphics glitch:
Hale-Graphics-Glitch.png

I think I've been able to reproduce this in stock:

1. Unpack fresh copy of KSP (in my case I'm running Windows, 64 bit, non-Steam)

2. Unpack HyperEdit 1.5.3 into GameData

3. Start a new sandbox game with default Easy settings

4. Create a craft consisting of a HECS and a RTG

5. Launch

6. Start HyperEdit-ing into orbit of various bodies. In my case, I was using the default altitude of 100km, and was going between Kerbin, Duna, Laythe, and Eve, over and over.

I almost immediately noticed similar graphical glitches as the ones pictured above. Laythe and Eve were especially bad. Flickering patchwork surface, blocky surface, and in Eve's case gaps in the surface that you could see the skybox and/or wierd colors through.

I have screenshots, logfiles and savefiles I can provide if necessary.

EDIT 1: Map view did not seem to be affected, and changing scenes back to the space center and then back to the craft "fixed" the issue, until I started HyperEdit-ing around again.

EDIT 2: Stock cheat menu set orbit functionality does not appear to have the same  issue

Edited by akardam
Added more info

15 hours ago, akardam said:

I think I've been able to reproduce this in stock:

1. Unpack fresh copy of KSP (in my case I'm running Windows, 64 bit, non-Steam)

2. Unpack HyperEdit 1.5.3 into GameData

3. Start a new sandbox game with default Easy settings

4. Create a craft consisting of a HECS and a RTG

5. Launch

6. Start HyperEdit-ing into orbit of various bodies. In my case, I was using the default altitude of 100km, and was going between Kerbin, Duna, Laythe, and Eve, over and over.

I almost immediately noticed similar graphical glitches as the ones pictured above. Laythe and Eve were especially bad. Flickering patchwork surface, blocky surface, and in Eve's case gaps in the surface that you could see the skybox and/or wierd colors through.

I have screenshots, logfiles and savefiles I can provide if necessary.

EDIT 1: Map view did not seem to be affected, and changing scenes back to the space center and then back to the craft "fixed" the issue, until I started HyperEdit-ing around again.

EDIT 2: Stock cheat menu set orbit functionality does not appear to have the same  issue

EDIT:  Thanks for the excellent report, @akardam:D

I cannot picture how HyperEdit might be causing this or how to correct it.  I'll need some more powerful C# minds to chime in.

1 hour ago, g_BonE said:

just a quick note: the land craft cheat does not seem to work at all. activating it just slows the craft but does not lower it to the bodies surface (land)

It's working fine for me.  It sounds like you may have the wrong version for your KSP install.  I recommend using the latest KSP (currently v1.2) with the latest HyperEdit (currently v1.5.3).

Please make sure you have the right one for you, and then let us know if you're still having trouble.

Edited by Ezriilc

Well, I wouldn't consider myself any kind of C# mind, but what the hey... *fires up ILSpy*

The 1.2 debug menu set orbit cheat seems to use this bit of code to set the orbit:

FlightGlobals.fetch.SetShipOrbit(this.selectedBody, this.eccInput.Value, this.smaInput.Value, this.incInput.Value, this.lanInput.Value, this.mnaInput.Value, this.lpeInput.Value, this.obtInput.Value);

And this bit of code to set a rendesvous:

FlightGlobals.fetch.SetShipOrbitRendezvous(vessel, v, Vector3.zero);

I don't know if it would make sense at this point for HyperEdit to just use these builtin abilities (functions? methods? Alas, if only this stuff were written in Perl...)?

When I get back in front of my KSP computer tonight, I will try repeatedly setting different orbits around the same body at different altitudes. I wonder if changing SOIs is what's making it freak out. Will report back.

2 minutes ago, akardam said:

Well, I wouldn't consider myself any kind of C# mind, but what the hey... *fires up ILSpy*

The 1.2 debug menu set orbit cheat seems to use this bit of code to set the orbit:

FlightGlobals.fetch.SetShipOrbit(this.selectedBody, this.eccInput.Value, this.smaInput.Value, this.incInput.Value, this.lanInput.Value, this.mnaInput.Value, this.lpeInput.Value, this.obtInput.Value);

And this bit of code to set a rendesvous:

FlightGlobals.fetch.SetShipOrbitRendezvous(vessel, v, Vector3.zero);

I don't know if it would make sense at this point for HyperEdit to just use these builtin abilities (functions? methods? Alas, if only this stuff were written in Perl...)?

When I get back in front of my KSP computer tonight, I will try repeatedly setting different orbits around the same body at different altitudes. I wonder if changing SOIs is what's making it freak out. Will report back.

Thanks for the input.  The next time I'm "in the code", I will look into it.

Keeping in mind that it's been a long day and my mind isn't exactly firing on all cylinders, I did some more semi-scientific testing tonight.

Use cheat menu to get into orbit of various bodies, then use Hyperedit to randomly change to different altitudes within the SOI: No problem

Repeat the last test, cycling through various bodies, and then start using Hyperedit to change bodies: Problem occurs almost immediately

When problem occurs, using cheat menu to set more-or-less identical orbit around existing body, causes problem to dissapear.

When problem occurs, Hyperediting to higher orbits generally diminishes problem, but returning to lower orbit via Hyperedit brings it back full force until scene change or using cheat menu.

So, not 100% sure if it is SOI-change related, but there's some compelling evidence that it is so.

When I have some more time and energy, and assuming you don't mind, I'll go poking through the source again and see if I come up with any semi-lucid ideas.

10 hours ago, akardam said:

When I have some more time and energy, and assuming you don't mind, I'll go poking through the source again and see if I come up with any semi-lucid ideas.

Please, and thanks for the help!

In looking through the two codebases, I noticed this bit within HyperEdit OrbitEditor.cs HardsetOrbit():

if (orbit.referenceBody != newOrbit.referenceBody)
{
    orbitDriver.OnReferenceBodyChange?.Invoke(newOrbit.referenceBody);
}

I couldn't find any equivalent bit in the stock code, and no direct mention of OnReferenceBodyChange. The culprit, maybe?

Other than that, the only thing I can find regarding SOI changes in the two codebases is "GameEvents.onVesselSOIChanged.Fire", which looks more or less identical between the two codebases.

I think that's about as far as my very limited knowledge of C# and eyeball-pattern-matching can take me. Hope this helps. I'll be happy to help test any possible fixes.

17 hours ago, akardam said:

In looking through the two codebases, I noticed this bit within HyperEdit OrbitEditor.cs HardsetOrbit():

if (orbit.referenceBody != newOrbit.referenceBody)
{
    orbitDriver.OnReferenceBodyChange?.Invoke(newOrbit.referenceBody);
}

I couldn't find any equivalent bit in the stock code, and no direct mention of OnReferenceBodyChange. The culprit, maybe?

Other than that, the only thing I can find regarding SOI changes in the two codebases is "GameEvents.onVesselSOIChanged.Fire", which looks more or less identical between the two codebases.

I think that's about as far as my very limited knowledge of C# and eyeball-pattern-matching can take me. Hope this helps. I'll be happy to help test any possible fixes.

Thanks!  Your knowledge is clearly less limited than mine - I can barely even read C#, but I'm slowly getting better.  I'm not sure if I can do anything about this.  Most of HyperEdit's current code is not mine.

Quick question. When I start a fresh save, then open the Planet Editor, are the values shown the ones pulled from the game itself or are they from a list HyperEdit keeps on its own?

I'm trying to make sure I'm getting the most accurate information I can get for an Excel tool. The math I've done with it checks out - if it's not the actual game data it's pretty dang close. Just wanted to verify.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, pincushionman said:

Quick question. When I start a fresh save, then open the Planet Editor, are the values shown the ones pulled from the game itself or are they from a list HyperEdit keeps on its own?

I'm trying to make sure I'm getting the most accurate information I can get for an Excel tool. The math I've done with it checks out - if it's not the actual game data it's pretty dang close. Just wanted to verify.

Thanks!

You are correct - the values are pulled from the game itself.

I have an interesting issue which has occurred through all the 1.2-pre and now in 1.2.1, using the latest version of HyperEdit.

PROBLEM:  All is fine until I use HE the 1st time in a new game.  After that, the following things happen:

• The HE "Lander" screen appears whenever I launch a new ship, without me activating HE.
  • The HE "Lander" screen appears whenever I activate HE.  IOW, I get both the main menu and the "Lander" screen.

This happened in 1.2-pre when HE was the only mod installed, so I figure it's an HE problem.

1 minute ago, Geschosskopf said:

I have an interesting issue which has occurred through all the 1.2-pre and now in 1.2.1, using the latest version of HyperEdit.

PROBLEM:  All is fine until I use HE the 1st time in a new game.  After that, the following things happen:

• The HE "Lander" screen appears whenever I launch a new ship, without me activating HE.
  • The HE "Lander" screen appears whenever I activate HE.  IOW, I get both the main menu and the "Lander" screen.

This happened in 1.2-pre when HE was the only mod installed, so I figure it's an HE problem.

It's not a problem it's an intended feature.

On 10/13/2016 at 5:32 PM, Ezriilc said:

..., there is a setting to turn that on/off, labeled "Auto Open", and when you hover your mouse over it, the tooltip says "Open this view when entering the Flight or Tracking Center scenes."  Click the control to toggle it.

I added this feature --as well as remembering the last coords-- to make repeat use of the Lander less... repetitive.  For instance, when I'm working on water craft, I always immediately teleport my ship to the water after launch, and this makes that a one click task.

EDIT:  Welcome to the forum!

Im having trouble with landing.  When I choose an existing vessel to land at, Hyper Edit often puts me very far away.  Then when I try to use JKLI to move to the correct position, the craft jump further away and JKLI only move me in one direction.  Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, funkcanna said:

Im having trouble with landing.  When I choose an existing vessel to land at, Hyper Edit often puts me very far away.  Then when I try to use JKLI to move to the correct position, the craft jump further away and JKLI only move me in one direction.  Any suggestions?

I am unable to reproduce this.  Please give all the details about what you're doing and where, step-by-step.

1 hour ago, Ezriilc said:

I am unable to reproduce this.  Please give all the details about what you're doing and where, step-by-step.

This happens at any location.  

• I open Hyperedit, click Ship Lander.  
  • Choose Active Vessel.  
  • Choose a Target Vessel and change altitude (or leave the altitude as whatever it is).  
  • Click Land

The active vessel is then moved either 1) to the correct position or 2) very far from the correct position.  Either way, when pressing JKLI to fine tune the location, the vessel jumps far away as soon as I press a key.  From there, JKLI only move in one direction (which is usually AWAY from the target vessel).

Ill try to make a video.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.