[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

A friend and I are using HyperEdit along with Dark Multiplayer and have run into a problem. Whenever, one of us tries to rendezvous (using the rendezvous tool) with the others' ship it causes the ship we are controlling to zoom past the target at ridiculous speeds. We can't tell if this is a bug with DMP or Hyperedit. Any ideas what is causing this?

Well, does it happen *without* DMP? If yes, then it's obvious the problem is with hyperedit and I can probably fix it. If not, then we've got a serious problem that I wouldn't know where to start on.

My advice would to set "lead time" on rendezvous to something large, so that you're farther than 5km or whatever the load distance is. Hopefully no zooming occurs (I'm guessing the cause of the zooming is loading of vessels and wonkyness on DMP's side), and then move closer somehow.

Also how fast is "ridiculous"? It's actually a fairly important value - if it's <4km/s, then it might be due to orbital velocity changes not getting updated. If it's something insane (10Mm/s) then it might be due to calculating dV on a per-frame basis. There's a bunch of other values/reasons it could be happening.

HyperEdit is not saving the positions of the planets for me. Is there a button i need to push or some kind of command? I used 1.3 and 1.3.1 Beta and neither of them saved my positions of the planets when i moved them. I had no other mods installed

HyperEdit is not saving the positions of the planets for me. Is there a button i need to push or some kind of command? I used 1.3 and 1.3.1 Beta and neither of them saved my positions of the planets when i moved them. I had no other mods installed

Yes, there should be a "Save planet to config file" button on the bottom of the Planet Editor window. This creates a file in GameData/Kerbaltek/.../planetname.cfg that you can delete if you want to reset it back to default. This file saves the position/properties of the planets to be re-applied on game restart.

Hi, I've run into a bug with Hyperedit, I think. I've been using it to put some mun base pieces down. so, Launch, edit orbit to mun, land. When I return to spacecenter, I can no longer click on any building or center or anything. I can move the camera around. But that's it, nothing is clickable. I'm then stuck. Reloading the save does not fix this. Reloading the database from the debug menu does not fix this, I have to completely exit the game and restart. I'm on Steam, Ubuntu 14.10 KSP .90 x64. Doesn't matter if I use stock parts, or mod parts, if I use Hyperedit for anything I can no longer click buildings.

I'm using these mods in my KSP:

Far

RemoteTech

Hyperedit,

KAS,

All of the OKS/MKS/UmbraSpaceIndustries,

Near future solar and propulsion,

Karbonite and karbonite plus,

AIES Aerospace,

Toolbar,

Chatterer,

Connected Living Space,

TAC life support and Fuel balancer,

custom biomes,

extraplanetary launchpads,

Magic Smoke robotics,

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement,

OPT,

Planet Shine,

Procedural parts, fairings and wings,

RLA Stockalike,

Soviet Engine,

Aerospace Lights,

Station Parts expansion,

Tweakscale and

universal storage.

And there are probably a couple more I'm forgetting.

Is there a way to use this to teleport to specific latitudes and longitudes of planets? I know in the Persistant.sfs file you can edit that property, but I dont want to mess with the internals.

Yes. HyperEdit can do that.

Hi, I've run into a bug with Hyperedit, I think.

...if I use Hyperedit for anything I can no longer click buildings.

That doesn't sound like HyperEdit as the cause. Please try again without ANY other mods.

You're right. I copied a fresh kerbal install, put only hyperedit in it and had no problems. Sigh...now I get to add one mod at a time to see if I can find the culprit.

Well, I'm glad it's working. :rolleyes: If you do find out what is conflicting, we'd very much like a follow up report. Thanks in advance.

Found the culprit! The working multiple star system mod from here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/103298-0-90-Working-Multiple-Star-Systems%28WITH-PLANETS%21%29?highlight=krag When I add this mod, then use Hyperedit, then return to spacecenter, I'm no longer able to click anything, specifically the planetfactory directory from the mod causes the problem.

Found the culprit! The working multiple star system mod from here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/103298-0-90-Working-Multiple-Star-Systems%28WITH-PLANETS%21%29?highlight=krag When I add this mod, then use Hyperedit, then return to spacecenter, I'm no longer able to click anything, specifically the planetfactory directory from the mod causes the problem.

Excellent work! Thanks for the report.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks go out to the user who contacted us about a bug, that has since been fixed.

When HyperEdit's Misc Tools window was open, it would cause some resources to drain until the window was closed.

khyperia has fixed the problem in the Experimental BETA version of HyperEdit (which is stable, BTW), and we'll include that fix in the next normal release.

Don't forget, all HyperEdit releases can be found on our site:

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

Edited by Ezriilc

I would like a feature added to the simple screen if possible could we have an inclination box added for those quick and dirty times you want to test something

Well, if we add inclination, then we should probably also add LAN, and if we're going to add that might as well add eccentricity too because that's also a fairly useful thing, which means we need argument of periapsis as well... wait, that's the exact same thing as the Complex/Graphical editor.

Firstly, thanks for this mod. I've been using it quite extensively and it's very useful. I recently upgraded to the mess that is 0.90 and had to update all my mods, including this one.

I like building large space stations and I use this mod to put them in orbit around Kerbin. Before 0.90 I could put the ship in orbit and edit all parts of its orbit, I could have it with an Apoapsis of 100km and a Periapsis of 2000km by using the sliders under "Orbit Editor", however with the new update to your mod EVERY single slider only affects the position of the ship on the orbit apart from the inclination one which still works.

Is this a bug, or is it a new feature?

Firstly, thanks for this mod. I've been using it quite extensively and it's very useful. I recently upgraded to the mess that is 0.90 and had to update all my mods, including this one.

I like building large space stations and I use this mod to put them in orbit around Kerbin. Before 0.90 I could put the ship in orbit and edit all parts of its orbit, I could have it with an Apoapsis of 100km and a Periapsis of 2000km by using the sliders under "Orbit Editor", however with the new update to your mod EVERY single slider only affects the position of the ship on the orbit apart from the inclination one which still works.

Derfel,

Firstly, welcome to the KSP forum! I'm honored to reply to your very first post. I'm also very glad you're here, and I promise to be as helpful as I can with anything you need.

Secondly, you're very welcome - we all love doing it, just for fun.

Lastly, I'm going to let khyperia (The Creator) answer your question since they are the one making the updates. It could be a bug, but I've not tested specifically so I don't know.

I am really confused by your description of the bug... do you mean all the sliders only affect mean anomaly? Or what? I'm not sure what you're saying.

Have you tried the Complex editor as opposed to the Graphical one? Does that still fail (please describe the problem in lots of detail), or does it work?

Have you tried uninstalling all other mods and just using hyperedit, and seeing if the problem still exists?

First time using Hyperedit with the latest Beta of KSP. Using the orbit editor I have a small ship and set a simple orbit of 60,000m.

Result, ship explodes and sun is seen to be receding into distance as my viewpoint leaves the system at some multiplier of the speed of light.

Only new mods I have installed was DRE.

Deleted the folder for Hyperedit, grabbed latest and installed it, same deal. :( I am running 32bit

Edited by SSSPutnik

First time using Hyperedit with the latest Beta of KSP. Using the orbit editor I have a small ship and set a simple orbit of 60,000m.

Result, ship explodes and sun is seen to be receding into distance as my viewpoint leaves the system at some multiplier of the speed of light.

Only new mods I have installed was DRE.

Deleted the folder for Hyperedit, grabbed latest and installed it, same deal. :(

Yikes. That's brutal.

Have you tried it without DRE installed? When in doubt, try a fresh download of KSP and HyperEdit, without any other mods. I know it's a pain.

Hmm, looks like a mod/save game issue. Removed all mods and it works OK with a different save.

If I try the same saved game, I can't go to launchpad or hanger/vab at all for some reason without the mods installed.

Might be time for a clean install. Thanks Ezriilc

Hmm, looks like a mod/save game issue. Removed all mods and it works OK with a different save.

If I try the same saved game, I can't go to launchpad or hanger/vab at all for some reason without the mods installed.

Might be time for a clean install. Thanks Ezriilc

Any time! Please let us know if you learn anything else, and good luck!

Okay... I accidentally moved Kerbal to right infront of the sun. I tried to move it back to its normal orbit, but now it's out of its normal position with the rest of the planets and asteroids. I tried reloading a quicksave, but the damage is still there! Help!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.