[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

I'm having some annoying issues with hyper edit in 32bit Ksp. Whenever I have used hyper edit, when I return to the space station I can't open any of the buildings. This doesn't seem to happen after normal flights, but it may be a problem with planetfactory. Please fix!

AmigoGumball,

I've not experienced that behavior, nor do I remember anyone reporting it before. That doesn't mean it's not HyperEdit, but it seems unlikely.

Please do a fresh download and install of KSP and HyperEdit, and try it without any other mods.

AmigoGumball,

I've not experienced that behavior, nor do I remember anyone reporting it before. That doesn't mean it's not HyperEdit, but it seems unlikely.

Please do a fresh download and install of KSP and HyperEdit, and try it without any other mods.

hu this also happens. its ID's that merge or just a little bug that will get fixed. but it did happen to me when i have no mods i know wierd?

I see on Youtube, that older versions had ship lander buttons to "zero velocity", while the most recent version does not. I am having problems were I click the "land" button and suddenly find myself 50m above the ground, but still traveling at orbital velocity. :confused: I must be doing something wrong but can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

I see on Youtube, that older versions had ship lander buttons to "zero velocity", while the most recent version does not. I am having problems were I click the "land" button and suddenly find myself 50m above the ground, but still traveling at orbital velocity. :confused: I must be doing something wrong but can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

I'll do some testing to see if I can reproduce this.

hu this also happens. its ID's that merge or just a little bug that will get fixed. but it did happen to me when i have no mods i know wierd?

I'm sorry, but I can't tell what you're trying to say. As far as I know, there are not currently any bugs in HyperEdit, and it is working properly.

I am unable to reproduce this problem. All I can recommend is to try a different ship, different locations, different control setup like turning SAS/RCS/Brakes on/off, and making sure you've done a clean install with no other mods.

I am unable to reproduce this problem. All I can recommend is to try a different ship, different locations, different control setup like turning SAS/RCS/Brakes on/off, and making sure you've done a clean install with no other mods.

Thanks for looking. I was able to duplicate the issue with a clean install. Like I said, I'm probably doing something wrong, in which case, I just need to know the proper way to use it.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Thanks for looking. I was able to duplicate the issue with a clean install. Like I said, I'm probably doing something wrong, in which case, I just need to know the proper way to use it.

Well, it seems you're using it properly. I'll try again the way you have.

nukeboyt,

When I test with your numbers, I get the sudden decelleration, but not the destruction. Could your ship stand to be more rigid?

EDIT:

Your ship is fine - I don't know why it's breaking up and mine isn't. This one has me stumped. We should try different vessels to see if any particular feature is triggering it.

My latest lander experimental also breaks up at 500 meters or below. I'm going to try some other craft and altitudes.

Edited by Ezriilc

nukeboyt,

When I test with your numbers, I get the sudden decelleration, but not the destruction. Could your ship stand to be more rigid?

EDIT:

Your ship is fine - I don't know why it's breaking up and mine isn't. This one has me stumped. We should try different vessels to see if any particular feature is triggering it.

My latest lander experimental also breaks up at 500 meters or below. I'm going to try some other craft and altitudes.

I tried on Mun (because of no atmosphere) and while the deceleration is visible, the ship doesn't break apart.

I tried again on Eve at 6000 and the deceleration was visible including reentry and mach effects, but the craft survived. If I subsequently do another "land/drop" after fully slowed-down, it gets me where I want to be. In effect, a work-around.

I tried on Mun (because of no atmosphere) and while the deceleration is visible, the ship doesn't break apart.

I tried again on Eve at 6000 and the deceleration was visible including reentry and mach effects, but the craft survived. If I subsequently do another "land/drop" after fully slowed-down, it gets me where I want to be. In effect, a work-around.

Excellent! Thanks for the follow-up.

I tried the land function on Moho a couple of days ago. Worked fine. Popped the ship down at zero relative velocity. So I hit land somewhere in MechJeb's landing guidance and it just sat there hovering and *not landing* until I hit abort, let the ship drop a bit, then land somewhere again.

Unfortunately the default ship lander setting puts the ship on the edge of a steep crater rim on Moho. Being able to store a few favored locations per each body that can be landed on would be nice.

I tried the land function on Moho a couple of days ago. Worked fine. Popped the ship down at zero relative velocity. So I hit land somewhere in MechJeb's landing guidance and it just sat there hovering and *not landing* until I hit abort, let the ship drop a bit, then land somewhere again.

Unfortunately the default ship lander setting puts the ship on the edge of a steep crater rim on Moho. Being able to store a few favored locations per each body that can be landed on would be nice.

I'm not sure what you mean by "default ship lander setting", it starts out at Lat:0 and Lon:0, but it's expected that you'd enter whatever coordinates you want.

You can already save as many Ship Lander positions as you like. Just make sure you're in the proper SOI first.

100.000 downloads ... and i still havnt posted here to say thanks?? hmm or maybe it was before the forum wipe ..hmm looks back in time.. time looks back at me.. :0.0:

Thanks!

[bows]

You're welcome, of course. I didn't create it, but I am thankful to be the current custodian.

The site is down.

Checked already.

It's not "down" per se - it's just lazy. Give it a swift kick in the backside, and it should rattle back to life. There, see?

My host is cheap so it does sputter a bit sometimes, and I'm very sorry for the trouble. Just please keep trying.

Why not upload it to the community mod site Kerbalstuff

That's actually a great question, and something I think about a lot.

Here's why I'm still using my crappy, shared host - in order of importance.

1. The Space Port :mad:.
  2. Our site is much more than just a place to download HyperEdit. We also have the KSP Ribbons & Flag Generator and the Craft Kitchen.
  3. We need a custom PHP.ini, SQL, email, chron jobs, tracking, stats, etc., etc., etc..
  4. We now have hundreds(!) of registered users, whose info we must protect.
  5. We need absolute control over our DNS, URLs, and content.
  6. Our site is usually fine, and the slow/down periods are short-lived.
  7. It costs me only around $150 per year for "unlimited" everything.

I'm not arbitrarily against moving, it's just that I think we'd need a full-blown VPS or dedicated server to do any better than what we are now.

If I could find something like that for around what I spend now, then I might just jump at it.

I've always assumed that if we keep growing, then eventually I'll need to step up to something bigger and dedicated, and probably take donations or use site ads (eew) to fund it. But that's a huge and important step, and from a business point of view as well as the stability of our growing membership, it seems sensible to wait until we are forced to do so.

What does everyone else think?

Why not upload it to the community mod site Kerbalstuff and have it available in more than one place with 100k of downloads it shows its popular pretty please.

I just took another look at KerbalStuff, and it really looks great. I will seriously consider putting HyperEdit up there. I'm actually quite jealous - the design is so much better than mine.

EDIT: I've registered, but I immediately had questions and issues (I always do), and I can't find any FAQ or Help pages. However, the support person was quick and they are trying to help. Heck, they've already beaten the Space Port, simply by responding to my email. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ezriilc

My ship seems to spontaneously explode when I use hyperedit to put my ships into space in 0.25. I am running deadly re-entry, but this has never posed a problem before in 0.24.5.

Look at your G-force meter. it should hit past 15 G's.

That is the problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.