[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Try as I might this program will not launch. I followed the instructions C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kerbaltek so I'm confused as to what else needs to be done. Personally I don't want to use this program but I'm at my wits end as how to get my damn rover into space. :/

How do I install HyperEdit?

Unzip the file into your KSP game folder, alongside "KSP.exe", and
not
in the "Plugins" folder. It will create the "Kerbaltek" folder inside "GameData", according to Squad's new plugin folder structure.

Alt+H works only when you are flying.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm have a weird problem with HyperEdit. The only problem is with orbital rendezvous. Anytime I set to rendezvous an asteroid or a craft, upon arriving, the other craft shoots away at several thousand m/s. The weird part is that our altitude and velocity match exactly, and our orbit circle aligns perfectly as well. This has happened with an old save and a new career as well. The craft appears for about a second and then disappears flying away. The only thing that sort of works is to match the altitude using 'simple' mode and trying to rendezvous that way. I wouldn't worry about it, but I just had a save file corrupt after using hyperedit recently. Anyone have any ideas or experienced this before?

Strangely, I finally just discovered a solution. Previously I was entering large lead times into the orbital rendezvous window to establish triangular orbit around planets for power relay probes. When I did it with the sun, the values required were much greater, 12000 lead time. If you enter too great a value the rendezvous will exceed 360 degrees and continue onto greater sums continuing in the same circular orbit. Somehow this caused the glitch I described. I fixed it by entering a negative lead time value into the window. Now when I establish triangular orbit, I do it through the "visual or complex" modes by adjusting 'lan.'

A problem I've had using Hyperedit has cropped up with MechJeb build 255 and later is that when I use Hyperedit to take a ship from the pad to orbit, MechJeb's rendezvous autopilot and maneuver planner cannot correctly control the ship.

They'll do anything except the right thing, most of the time all they do is aim the engine(s) at the body being orbited and barely crack the throttle open. But sometimes it will start to do the maneuver and burn correctly but at the last bit of the burn will cut throttle to idle and aim the thrust downward. Some times it will just go to a full throttle escape trajectory.

I've tried putting ships on the pad with and without launch clamps. No difference in how it's not working.

If I launch the ship and ascend to Kerbin orbit under MechJeb control then use Hyperedit to move the ship, MechJeb works like it should. If I fly to the destination without using Hyperedit at all, MechJeb works correctly.

I wonder if there's something new that .23.5 does with a normal launch that Hyperedit is missing with just teleporting off the pad, and it's confusing MechJeb?

It's acting like the KSP .23 bug where it (KSP not MechJeb) wasn't correctly setting control to a part after decoupling or undocking so the player had to manually set control from here for Mechjeb to control the ship. That is NOT what is causing this issue. Manually setting control from here doesn't change anything.

How I happened upon this is I have a Kethane mining lander using Infernal Robotics parts. Since IR .16 is going to completely replace all the old parts, and KSP .23.5 already broke old ships with IR (unless some heroic persistent file editing is done *before* flying any ship with old IR parts), I wanted to salvage the 32K Kethane in the lander's tanks.

Launched it to a 20KM Mun orbit then built a recovery tanker and flew it out to the Mun. Had a brain fart and only gave it 16K capacity. Doh! Since I'd already done the salvage flight I gave myself permission to cheat out a modified tanker with 32K Kethane capacity. That's when the "fun" began where I tried many different configurations, then tried just doing rendezvous with the lander using all stock parts ships.

Until then, I had not used Hyperedit at all with .23.5 so I don't know if MechJeb builds prior to 255, compatible with .23.5, exhibit the same issue. Most of my .23.5 action has been with adding parts to ReStock to work with the Kerbodyne and ThunderMax parts, and the even larger ThunderMaximus parts - and fiddling around with SRB rocket gliders. I hadn't done a thing outside Kerbin orbit in the latest KSP until attempting the Kethane salvage mission.

The common thing through all the tests is that unless the ship is properly launched before touching it with Hyperedit, MechJeb can't control it. I'm pointing the finger of probable cause at something changed in KSP .23.5 since HyperEdit hasn't been changed and if HyperEdit isn't used to "launch", MechJeb works.

One more thing I can try is launching then cutting throttle while still in atmosphere then using HyperEdit to put the craft in orbit, see if it's something to do with using it from within atmosphere.

Two more tests failed.

Set a lander with deployed legs to gently drop from a launch clamp with engine running, then cut throttle followed by HyperEdit to 20 KM Mun orbit.

Same setup but used MechJeb to launch and at about 3 KM disabled ascent guidance then HyperEdit to 20 KM Mun orbit.

Didn't use RCS but with it on the outcome is no different, failure to work right.

In each case I set maneuver planner to change orbit inclination to 2 degrees at the equatorial AN. In each case it initially aligned correctly but partway through the burn it began to cut throttle to idle, aimed the engine at Mun and sat there with the gauge stuck at 0.3 M/sec to finish, gently wobbling about and slowly increasing altitude.

This is in a KSP install with only build 257 of MechJeb (only the DLL), the current HyperEdit, ReStock Reloaded (but none of its parts used), Module Manager 2.1.0.

This craft, http://pastebin.com/jCUE8Gsn built in .21, no crew. Or this craft, built in .23.5 http://pastebin.com/WMam2AKD Same results with both.

Using this MM cfg to add MechJeb

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
MechJebLocalSettings {
MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }
MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }
MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }
MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
}
}
}

Need some help, I installed hyper edit specifically as instructed by the website. Extracted/unzipped the contents of the downloaded file into the KSP game folder, launched game, went to the pad, pressed alt-h, nothing happens. What can I do to resolve this and what information will you need in order to assist?

Need some help, I installed hyper edit specifically as instructed by the website. Extracted/unzipped the contents of the downloaded file into the KSP game folder, launched game, went to the pad, pressed alt-h, nothing happens. What can I do to resolve this and what information will you need in order to assist?

Does your Gamedata folder look like this then?

Because it should work straight away

Eea1SBJ.png

( oh and please don't use hyper-edit to cheat through everything,It'll ruin the fun :o )

Yes, my gamedata folder looks exactly like that, minus the numerous mods.

Hmmm that's odd, I really don't know what could have gone wrong.... :/

Unless it did pop up and you just didn't see it? maybe? probably not. You might want to try reloading the game one more time and if there's no window you'll probably need to speak to the current owners of the mod. Sorry I couldn't help much :(

Edited by Boamere

Hmmm that's odd, I really don't know what could have gone wrong.... :/

Unless it did pop up and you just didn't see it? maybe? probably not. You might want to try reloading the game one more time and if there's no window you'll probably need to speak to the current owners of the mod. Sorry I couldn't help much :(

I'll give that a try. I appreciate the advice; not having hyperedit isn't a big deal, just means I'll have to make tests of my kethane mines manually. :confused:

Try launching KSP.exe as administrator from your explorer. If it doesn't work, open KSP.log, find a line that looks like this:

[LOG 19:35:36.036] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at X:\XXXXXX\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kerbaltek\HyperEdit.dll

There should be an error nearby, paste it here :wink:

Edited by CptShaky

• 2 weeks later...

I love this mod, but it's causing an annoying issue for me. It causes me to not be able to click on any of the buildings in the space center. If I play the game without pressing Alt-H to bring up Hyperedit, everything is fine. I can return to the space center and click on the buildings as normal. But as soon as I press alt-H to bring up Hyperedit it prevents me from clicking on any of the buildings in space center. I have to completely close and restart the game.

Try launching KSP.exe as administrator from your explorer. If it doesn't work, open KSP.log, find a line that looks like this:

[LOG 19:35:36.036] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at X:\XXXXXX\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kerbaltek\HyperEdit.dll

There should be an error nearby, paste it here :wink:

Sorry that I never responded back. I do appreciate the assistance in regards to my issue with hyperedit, however I won't be troubleshooting it any further. I was just looking for an easy way to test certain craft without having to launch them every single time. Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem as daawgees.

Extracted hyperedit to the KSP folder. A Kerbaltek folder appears in the gamedata folder. Run KSP and alt + h doesn't bring up the hyperedit menu.

I've manually added the kerbaltek folder to gamedata and no luck. I've started new flights and new campaigns and still no luck. After reverifying the KSP local files, the hyperedit menu still won't appear.

The only error I'm receiving in the log is [ERR 18:08:42.811] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'EngineerToolbar': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool) at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 Additional information about this exception:System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'EngineerToolbar.EngineerToolbar' from assembly 'EngineerToolbar, Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I removed parts of the Toolbar that Kerbal Alarm runs with thinking it might interfere, and I think that is where the above error is coming from. Weirdly, the flags included with the hyperedit folder are included in the VAB and I can use them just fine.

I'm pretty stumped as to why its not working.

Thanks for the quick reply MonkeyLunch.

I placed the hyperEdit.dll in the "plugins" and "pluginsdata" folders in the KSP root folder (the ones that appear next to KSP.exe and not in the individual mod folders). I'm still not able to load the menu, but I still have working flags.

Thoughts?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.