Mir Docking Module

bilsta1000

Awesome, I was looking into what it would take to make this. Good Job! Think about this for a future project: Take the section from the Saturn V replica on Spaceport (http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/apollo-lmcsm-replica/) as a starting point for a Skylab model. Just need to add the docking port (might even just modify this one) and make solar panels. based on this, you could totally do it, and people would love you!

Good Job,

KGas

How about adding a radiator and a small experiment airlock to it? With a small texture change (brown-ish intead of orange), it'd work perfectly well as the Rassvet module for the ISS.

How about adding a radiator and a small experiment airlock to it? With a small texture change (brown-ish intead of orange), it'd work perfectly well as the Rassvet module for the ISS.

This.

the person who was going to make rassvet for the ISS pack left the pack for complicated reasons, so they need this.

(any one know what type of port the Buran Docks to?(Mir probe docking port or Mir drogue docking port))

There is an APAS in KOSMOS pack, but to use it with buran I first had to resize it to roughly proper scale (so it didn't look stupid on Kristall - IIRC it is smaller than APAS-89) and than add top node to Buran docking port (and remove the animation module, unfortunately - though IRL that docking port didn't expand AFAIK) so I could attach APAS there.

The Buran airlock is completely unrealistic ATM. Kosmos pack APAS works, but not too well.

Also, I found that this DC is too big. Try using rescale factor = 0.75 and move both nodes by 1 unit outwards, then it works much better.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

The original author is unavailable. I recall him giving me an informal permission to rescale/reskin it, so I'm considering including this in Community ISS pack. That said, I hope somebody (BobCat, maybe?) makes a higher quality DC/Rassvet.

Fustek has one, seems small though. What mod did you use for the spekter module radio telescope?

I should point out that the Kirs Docking Module included in FusTek is not meant to be an accurate representation of the real-life Pirs.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.