Interplanetary Space Science Organization

Bioman222

Sorry I haven't done much, I have a lot of tests at school :/ Anyway, since I have a colony on Laythe, I decided to do a little experimentation.... Here are my results (45 metres above sea level):

Atmospheric Pressure: 80.3 kPa

Atmospheric Height: 55000m

Average Temp: -22.12 C (At my height mind you)

Gravity: 7.85 m/s

And, my most proud acheivement, when I should have been revising for maths ;)...

Laythes Surface Area: 3.1415927 km

Mission completion posted in the Kertech thread.

Mission: ISSO 1/Topograph IV

Mission Objective: Map the surface of Minmus in response to an ISSO assignment

Launch Vehicle: Munar Mapping Satellite Launch Vessel

Payload: Munar Mapping Satellite Mk1

Mission Outcome: The mission was a success. Since the satellite launched was an out-of-date version lacking the ion engines for post-separation orbital corrections, the two final stages were not separated, so as to keep the polar orbit almost perfectly circular. This mission was done in conjunction with the Interplanetary Space Science Organization.

Mission Highlights:

Vehicle after launch:

rPIVEa2.jpg

Orbital burn to Minmus:

0R7wi6a.jpg

Approaching Minmus:

wQcYvcu.jpg

Mapping Minmus:

l2WiHuo.jpg

ISA Map:

peu4PFk.jpg

Polar Map:

uNDm5dX.jpg

There is a tool which is able to merge savefiles. Why don't we each build a base on a planet or moon? (Those can be merged into one savefile).

Example: Bioman gives Duna as target.

There are 16 members, each is allowed to nominate 1 mod.

4 members do the scientific research. Volunteers wil do that. bioman assigns tasks if there are insufficient volunteers.

The remaining 12 members are allowed to build a base or spacestation around the named celestial body., provided the base/ships etc. do not exceed 400 parts and consists of only the nominated mods. The savefiles are sent to the "merger" (to be assigned by bioman). The resulting savefile will be posted in the thread.

Every part in debris is counted as being part of the base/station unless the member "cleans" up his/her junk.

Every mission starts with a new clean savefile. Members can alter their nominated mod before the next mission starts.

What do you all think about that?

Edited by TheCardinal

There is a tool which is able to merge savefiles. Why don't we each build a base on a planet or moon? (Those can be merged into one savefile).

Example: Bioman gives Duna as target.

There are 16 members, each is allowed to nominate 1 mod.

4 members do the scientific research. Volunteers wil do that. bioman assigns tasks if there are insufficient volunteers.

The remaining 12 members are allowed to build a base or spacestation around the named celestial body., provided the base/ships etc. do not exceed 400 parts and consists of only the nominated mods. The savefiles are sent to the "merger" (to be assigned by bioman). The resulting savefile will be posted in the thread.

Every part in debris is counted as being part of the base/station unless the member "cleans" up his/her junk.

Every mission starts with a new clean savefile. Members can alter their nominated mod before the next mission starts.

What do you all think about that?

We might want to try setting up a server for the following mod:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24926-0-20-Kerbal-LiveFeed-Passive-Multiplayer-Plugin-Client-Server-v0-6-6

That way we could see what everyone is doing in real time. Might be a good idea so that people can still share the information without having to wait for a save file to get passed around.

Warm Regards,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

hmm... ok! Could I redesign some parts to get down to the surface? Yah Ill do that! Everyone in on this assignment give me a list of parts they need for the extreme heat, Ill get them ready for the mission.

Also, Bio, Im alright with doing less missions, if Im doing more of... designing satellites and parts for people to send up. Our company is a legitimate company IRL, and we are more along the lines of designing, not actually piloting, I myself am a rubbish pilot, but I can get mostly anywhere, given the time and resources. The mun is NP, but... rendezvousing is a pain. Docking, a piece of cake. Very good at the nitty-gritty technical things, but not so much the larger things, unless I've done it a million times. But anyways, Im still open for this kind of stuff, maybe a bit of a challenge getting to the sun, not orbiting, but actually crashing into it.

Edited by Redwork Studios|Redwork1

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum and didn't read the entire thread (I know i should) but I registered looking for something exactly like this project. If I misunderstood anything I am sorry.

I have been playing with the ISA MapSat, and was planning to map all the planets in high resolution but then I started reading logs and I was thinking about creating an online database of logs with a merge tool. I believe such tool would be useful for the project.

I'll be working on this anyway, but if you still have missions available KerbLog Cartography would like to join the project

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.