Anyone know where the Dres Crater/Hole is?

PhoenixStar117

I remember watching a video on it (Which I cannot seem to find anywhere). It was a super deep hole in Dres that was like 10 Km deep by 2 Km wide (something like that). I have looked all over the internet for it's coordinates but have been unsuccessful in finding it's coordinates. Anyone on the forum here know?

The craters on Moho are on the poles. And they aren't really craters, I think they are just an artifact of the way the surface geometry is mapped onto a spherical planet.

I've never been to the surface of Dres, but I seem to remember the canyon being somewhere around the south pole. It helps if you have mapsat, it should show up pretty easily with that.

The craters on Moho are on the poles. And they aren't really craters, I think they are just an artifact of the way the surface geometry is mapped onto a spherical planet.

I've never been to the surface of Dres, but I seem to remember the canyon being somewhere around the south pole. It helps if you have mapsat, it should show up pretty easily with that.

Dres canyon is near the equator, it should be easily recognizable when it's lit up by sun. I don't think it's 10km deep thou, probably close to 4000m depending on how you base ground level.

As for coordinates this might be of help: http://www.kerbalmaps.com/ (Moho craters are a glitch at the pole so they will not show properly there i think, but the Dres canyon is quite easy to spot)

I am not looking for the Canyon or the gash, as in a hole! Like this -> V <- As in it is a V shape. I have seen a couple videos about it. I just cannot seem to find any videos describing the coordinates.

That's the hole at Moho's poles, as it's been stated. Just go north when you're there and it will be easily visible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.