[0.22] UbioZur Welding Ltd. 2.0 Dev STOPPED

UbioZur

One more question, when the weld is done, does the mod take into effect all of the MM configs that affect the parts in question, or just the part configs themselves? Basically, is the new part created from the parts as they are in the game or as they are in the folders? Thanks again.

Normally it take into acount MM changes since it takes the value from the part and not the config. It is something i have to check for the futur version since I do take the config now.

Problem fixed. Details here: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/170711/ksp-welded-parts-not-appearing.

tl;dr: the welding mod is saving part filenames incorrectly. Fix these in the .cfg file and all is well. Hopefully this will get fixed in the next update.

Thanks for the great tool UbioZur.

I have been reported that, It is a platform and path issue. what platform are you on?

Hi all,

I have an problem:

every time I try to weld parts together my screen stars blinking and all my other parts disappear from the screen or they look like I have to repurchase them from R&D. Also, most of the time the part doesn't show of in the R&D.

This happens with both stock and mods parts.

anyone has any idea why?

I'm running KSP on OS X 10.9.3

Thanks

Edited by edemlama

Hi all,

I have an problem:

every time I try to weld parts together my screen stars blinking and all my other parts disappear from the screen or they look like I have to repurchase them from R&D. Also, most of the time the part doesn't show of in the R&D.

This happens with both stock and mods parts.

anyone has any idea why?

I'm running KSP on OS X 10.9.3

Thanks

Make sure you are using the last version.

Check the log for error to or warning.

Make sure you desactivate the auto-reload of the database in the configuration

check the generated file, it may do the same issue than SpaceInvader

Make sure you are using the last version.

Check the log for error to or warning.

Make sure you desactivate the auto-reload of the database in the configuration

check the generated file, it may do the same issue than SpaceInvader

it works 90% of the time now, the only annoying thing is that i have to quit the game every time and fix the part file

Edited by edemlama

it works 90% of the time now, the only annoying thing is that i have to quit the game every time and fix the part file

does opening the debug menu and selecting reload database not work?

also, does anybody know if this mod works with procedural tanks??

does opening the debug menu and selecting reload database not work?

also, does anybody know if this mod works with procedural tanks??

It does work to reload the database from the debug menu. the only downside (same as the plugin reloading it), modulemanager change will be lost.

You will have the message saying that it doesn't know what to do with the module if you weld more than one. I did not test them since well, they are procedural and so you can modify them as you want.

Can someone please tell me how I can get my parts to appear closer to the origin? The closest I've been able to get is about 5m above, but I really want them to sit right on the origin because if they are off the origin, the center of mass isn't even inside the part. Also, I've been having trouble with the mass of the final part. Even though I have the mass set at 20.5, which is about what the sum of all of the parts should be, KSP only reads it as 0.1ish. Where could I be going wrong here?

EDIT: So I figured out my weight problem, but it brought to light a new issue. Is there a way to weld multiple sets of RCS ports to into a part similar to the example given in this post while retaining the individuality of each thruster? The reason I ask is because I am trying to build a tug that can handle large, ungainly parts using mechjeb's RCS balancer and that heavily relies on the ability of each thruster to control its output individually.

EDIT2: It was mentioned that KSP only likes one docking port per ship, but does that mean that I can at least weld one into my part? Or is it safer to just stay away. Also, is there a list of things other than structural that would work ok?

Edited by SpacedInvader

Can someone please tell me how I can get my parts to appear closer to the origin? The closest I've been able to get is about 5m above, but I really want them to sit right on the origin because if they are off the origin, the center of mass isn't even inside the part. Also, I've been having trouble with the mass of the final part. Even though I have the mass set at 20.5, which is about what the sum of all of the parts should be, KSP only reads it as 0.1ish. Where could I be going wrong here?

EDIT: So I figured out my weight problem, but it brought to light a new issue. Is there a way to weld multiple sets of RCS ports to into a part similar to the example given in this post while retaining the individuality of each thruster? The reason I ask is because I am trying to build a tug that can handle large, ungainly parts using mechjeb's RCS balancer and that heavily relies on the ability of each thruster to control its output individually.

EDIT2: It was mentioned that KSP only likes one docking port per ship, but does that mean that I can at least weld one into my part? Or is it safer to just stay away. Also, is there a list of things other than structural that would work ok?

1. For the RCS you can't, once welded it become one part, and threfore will act like one par only (think of it as the rcd block, you can't control each thruster individualy, you can translate it, but not rotate it).

2. It's not really that a vessel don't support more than one docking port (they do), just a part does not support very well more than one docking port. Because the module that manage the docking ports is either docked or not.

@Ubiozur, what do you mean when you say 'welded correctly'?

I log every warning/error in the log file look for Error[WeldingTool] or Warning[WeldingTool].

Alos once the game have reloaded the database, check that there is no error/warning about the new part.

I found something in the log saying:

[Error]: PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'AIES_Aerospace/FuelTank/AIESFueltank superior3/model' as model does not exist

this shows up twice followed by:

[Error]: PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'AIES_Aerospace/FuelTank/AIESrcs125ra/model' as model does not exist

I assume AIES Aerospace is a plugin but if it is then i don't even have it installed let alone on my ship.

1. For the RCS you can't, once welded it become one part, and threfore will act like one par only (think of it as the rcd block, you can't control each thruster individualy, you can translate it, but not rotate it).

2. It's not really that a vessel don't support more than one docking port (they do), just a part does not support very well more than one docking port. Because the module that manage the docking ports is either docked or not.

Ok, so RCS should generally be added after the fact. And for the docking ports I get that to mean that it *could* support more than one port, but only one could ever be docked at a time and the "control from here" button wouldn't really work. Again, just better to add them after the fact.

The most important question now, however, is still how to get the part to sit on the origin and how to get the center of mass to sit within the part. Is there some sort of trick to this?

I found something in the log saying:

[Error]: PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'AIES_Aerospace/FuelTank/AIESFueltank superior3/model' as model does not exist

this shows up twice followed by:

[Error]: PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'AIES_Aerospace/FuelTank/AIESrcs125ra/model' as model does not exist

I assume AIES Aerospace is a plugin but if it is then i don't even have it installed let alone on my ship.

You have a part.cfg that want to use it. Check if it's the welded part. Else that problem come from somewhere else.

Ok, so RCS should generally be added after the fact. And for the docking ports I get that to mean that it *could* support more than one port, but only one could ever be docked at a time and the "control from here" button wouldn't really work. Again, just better to add them after the fact.

The most important question now, however, is still how to get the part to sit on the origin and how to get the center of mass to sit within the part. Is there some sort of trick to this?

The CoM is calculated depending of the CoM of all the parts you have welded. Maybe a screen of before the weld (with the CoM showing up), and after.

It is possible that you try to weld some part that have a CoMOffset in their config file.

The CoM is calculated depending of the CoM of all the parts you have welded. Maybe a screen of before the weld (with the CoM showing up), and after.

It is possible that you try to weld some part that have a CoMOffset in their config file.

Ok, so here is the before:

lxjQTNo.png

And here is the after:

HBKJdvK.png

I looked through all of the part configs and wasn't able to find anything about a CoMOffset.

Ok, so here is the before:

http://i.imgur.com/lxjQTNo.png

And here is the after:

http://i.imgur.com/HBKJdvK.png

I looked through all of the part configs and wasn't able to find anything about a CoMOffset.

Probably an incompatibility between the mod and the welding tool then. I would need to look into it more in detail.

Check with other parts (like stock ones), to make sure it is a mod incompatibility.

How will i know what part it is?

They are text file, If you OS can search into those file then it's easy, else you will have to find a software to do that (unless you want to look one by one)

Probably an incompatibility between the mod and the welding tool then. I would need to look into it more in detail.

Check with other parts (like stock ones), to make sure it is a mod incompatibility.

Sadly, it does look like mod incompatibility as stock parts weld fine. Is there any way around this? Perhaps creating a MM file to disable all of the modules before welding? Or is it likely that because those parts are each already made of several models that it just won't work for this?

Here's a GIF illustrating what you've said. However, I do want to point out that if your vessel has reaction wheels the fact that it's a weld will not prevent it from rotating normally using the reaction wheels.

iUV5gUH.gif

Sadly, it does look like mod incompatibility as stock parts weld fine. Is there any way around this? Perhaps creating a MM file to disable all of the modules before welding? Or is it likely that because those parts are each already made of several models that it just won't work for this?

It's hard to say without testing a lot, there is a lot of posibility of why it may not work, some are easy, some become more complicated depending on how the code is.

If I weld a welded part will that cause problems?

Normally you should be fine.

Here's a GIF illustrating what you've said. However, I do want to point out that if your vessel has reaction wheels the fact that it's a weld will not prevent it from rotating normally using the reaction wheels.

http://i.imgur.com/iUV5gUH.gif

Oh I like that gif, Can I still it for later use (like FAQ for the next version?)

My ship only has 80 parts but is still lagging out my computer (which is normally fine with up to 300), is there any way of optimising the .CFG for the part?

That can come from lot of reasons. Did you weld any solar panel for example? I know it does not work well performance wise to weld them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.