[0.22] UbioZur Welding Ltd. 2.0 Dev STOPPED

UbioZur

hey just seen this mod and downloaded it, i have no idea how to make it go, i cant seem to find ANY info about how to use this mod, could someone point me to a tutorial? :)

edit: pleeeasse dont link scott manly

I'll try to make a small tutorial if get chance, but really all needed is to put a few parts together, grab it, then push weld button. Should get a pop up, choose options you want. Then save it.

After a little skipping and maybe a long reset the part will show up in end of category list. If career game you have to unlock part in research screen.

I'll try to make a small tutorial if get chance, but really all needed is to put a few parts together, grab it, then push weld button. Should get a pop up, choose options you want. Then save it.

After a little skipping and maybe a long reset the part will show up in end of category list. If career game you have to unlock part in research screen.

I avoid the database reload after welding the parts by killing the KPS process, otherwise parts might get relocked in Research and some crafts in the savegame could get lost.

maybe im blind but i dont see any tutorial or guide on that post?

If it's not working for you, you probably downloaded the wrong version. That post contains the most recent version released by malkuth, who was kind enough to provide his updated version with respect for the original author UbioZur.

The tutorial is on the first post of this thread under "Usage."

I am doing something wrong. I just tried welding a few parts and got no errors, but the part never showed up in the tech tree. I am using Interstellar, but I closed and reloaded but to no avail. Should I terminate the process instead of backing out and closing?

I am doing something wrong. I just tried welding a few parts and got no errors, but the part never showed up in the tech tree. I am using Interstellar, but I closed and reloaded but to no avail. Should I terminate the process instead of backing out and closing?

In your computer's file manager go to KSP\Gamedata\UbioZur\Parts\ and in there should be subfolders for the different types of parts you've welded (structure, utility, etc). Check in there to make sure it generated a part.cfg file for your part. In addition, you do have the latest version posted by malkuth, correct? It can be found here.

No. But there are two others that are there that I tried while testing. I wonder if one of the parts I used is unsupported but isn't giving an error message.

thanks, now when i try to use the part ive made(a straight line of 4 2x2 structural panels) the snap points are all weird, like snap point for the new part is always in the middle of the part? is that normal? how do i get around it or fix it?

just if u want to get an idea of im trying to do,

im trying to make body type thing for a VTOL out of panels

Ok I am back now that IRL is a bit more settle guys.

I have not yet read all the posts since there is a lot since the last time I looked. but from a quick look:

- I have linked the malkuth fix on the main post and removed the spaceport link (Massive thanks to malkuth for doing that fix while I was away).

- Make sure you have this version and not the last spaceport one (since it was for .22 on spaceport).

-For the reload of the database, remember you can desactivate it on the setting file: GameData\UbioWeldingLtd\PluginData\UbioWeldingLtd\ config.xml.

Currently no Curse version will be available since I am going to continue a more stable/finish version of the mod and release it once done.

Edited by UbioZur

Thanks a lot for this mod, here's a pic of my ship's hull, only one piece rather than 612

zvQqUwx.png

- - - Updated - - -

Also, will i be able to pass craft down to the next version of KSP if they are welded?

Edited by Megalodon 720

Ok I am back now that IRL is a bit more settle guys.

I have not yet read all the posts since there is a lot since the last time I looked. but from a quick look:

- I have linked the malkuth fix on the main post and removed the spaceport link (Massive thanks to malkuth for doing that fix while I was away).

- Make sure you have this version and not the last spaceport one (since it was for .22 on spaceport).

-For the reload of the database, remember you can desactivate it on the setting file: GameData\UbioWeldingLtd\PluginData\UbioWeldingLtd\ config.xml.

Currently no Curse version will be available since I am going to continue a more stable/finish version of the mod and release it once done.

Nice to have you back UbioZur can't wait to see where you bring us with the future of Welding. :)

Thanks a lot for this mod, here's a pic of my ship's hull, only one piece rather than 612

http://i.imgur.com/zvQqUwx.png

- - - Updated - - -

Also, will i be able to pass craft down to the next version if they are welded?

If you distribute the part.cfg of the hull, you will be able to, you do not need to distribute or require the plugin once the cfg is done.

Nice to have you back UbioZur can't wait to see where you bring us with the future of Welding. :)

So far a better UI (toolbar, cleaner display), setting in game, different type of welding (safe, all in etc...) [working on it], I wish to link part to the savefile in career, etc....

still looking for a way to load a single part.cfg in game without having to load the whole database/model/etc...

Just a sudden thought, and an uneducated one at that since I do not write plugins or anything code-wise. I was just thinking, to load a single part instead of the whole database, perhaps the mod could load up a series of "dummy parts" that the welding-system updates on the fly, while at the same time also saving the part configuration file to be loaded with the game at a later time. This dummy part could then be used straight away once the parameters for the welded parts were updated to it, and then... well, perhaps the plugin could look for dummy parts which have corresponding real configs in the plugin directory when the game loads and dynamically update the craft files on load to reference the new config.

Okay, it all sounds very complicated now that I see it written out, but it really did seem to be an answer in my head a moment ago. The point is, if the mod could load these dummy parts into the program and then update them with the new welded information similar to how a procedural part can be changed to a different shape and used/duplicated within a craft without needing to be re-shaped, then you wouldn't have to re-load the database. The only problem I see is when the game is reloaded and the dummy parts revert back to "dummy" status to be used by another set of welds.

Yeah, still looks way to complicated. Gah!

Sorry to be annoying but i added a large section to my hull and welded that together but when i load it the game deletes everything. How can i stop this?

Can you check the log to make sure it was correctly welded.

Just a sudden thought, and an uneducated one at that since I do not write plugins or anything code-wise. I was just thinking, to load a single part instead of the whole database, perhaps the mod could load up a series of "dummy parts" that the welding-system updates on the fly, while at the same time also saving the part configuration file to be loaded with the game at a later time. This dummy part could then be used straight away once the parameters for the welded parts were updated to it, and then... well, perhaps the plugin could look for dummy parts which have corresponding real configs in the plugin directory when the game loads and dynamically update the craft files on load to reference the new config.

Okay, it all sounds very complicated now that I see it written out, but it really did seem to be an answer in my head a moment ago. The point is, if the mod could load these dummy parts into the program and then update them with the new welded information similar to how a procedural part can be changed to a different shape and used/duplicated within a craft without needing to be re-shaped, then you wouldn't have to re-load the database. The only problem I see is when the game is reloaded and the dummy parts revert back to "dummy" status to be used by another set of welds.

Yeah, still looks way to complicated. Gah!

I see what you are offering here, and it is a good idea, so far what I see is:

- Limited by the amount of dummy set before the game need to be reloaded

- I still haven't found a way to reprocess that .cfg file (or equivalent in game: ConfigNode).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.