[1.0.3] Editor Extensions v2.12 - 23 June

MachXXV

Is "T" hotkey stock or EE now? Problem is that once I use it, I have to switch between node and radial attachment for each part and unable to reset it to default state.

Thanks for update, I was really missing those option, they felt like stock features already :)

Edited by Mystique

Is "T" hotkey stock or EE now? Problem is that once I use it, I have to switch between node and radial attachment for each part and unable to reset it to default state.

Thanks for update, I was really missing those option, they felt like stock features already :)

I moved that function from Alt+R to T, since it was interfering with the new stock R hotkey that toggles between radial/mirror symmetry.

Next update should have custom key mappings as well.

T does two things - it toggles between the global surface and node attachment settings, and the part's own setting. I think I might disable the global setting change in the next update - I was undecided as to if it was useful, and with your example it might be more trouble than it's worth. Just being able to toggle your selected part's attachment node seems like the right way to go.

I moved that function from Alt+R to T, since it was interfering with the new stock R hotkey that toggles between radial/mirror symmetry.

Next update should have custom key mappings as well.

T does two things - it toggles between the global surface and node attachment settings, and the part's own setting. I think I might disable the global setting change in the next update - I was undecided as to if it was useful, and with your example it might be more trouble than it's worth. Just being able to toggle your selected part's attachment node seems like the right way to go.

I think the global stuff is probably a good thing to disable - right now, it seems like if you mess with the attachment rules for one part, then forever after you have to keep toggling back and forth to do what you want.

E.g. turning on surface attach for a part that doesn't normally - then you pick up the next part, which you want to stack attach, now you have to turn stack back on (I think...)

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

How can I increase vab size? I cannot find the hotkey for that in the read me but you mentioned it on the second or third page that it is implemented.

That doesn't work currently - the way the VAB and SPH are rendered now changed, so that's on the list of things to re-do.

yeah im also getting this problem it can become quite irritating

I've got something working, but in a slightly different way - you place the part, hover over the part with your mouse, hit V, and it will snap itself to the center. I'm also looking at being able to align the part to the top/bottom of the other part as well.

So far i haven't been able to get it to work the old way - I was able to force it to the center, but once you let go of the mouse the game editor would place it in that position instead.

I should have an update available tomorrow (still need to do more testing to make sure the mod doesn't make ships explode)

I've got something working, but in a slightly different way - you place the part, hover over the part with your mouse, hit V, and it will snap itself to the center.

I am perfectly okay with that. It surprised me how much I used Vsnap, actually - I don't really do asparagus designs any more but just stuff like putting solar panels in the middle of a probe core.. so much easier to hit V and be done with it than slide it up/down minutely and still be wrong anyway.. Looking forward to the update, sir!

EDIT: Ouch.. pWings new update uses the T key binding to change the wing tip which conflicts with this.. although, now I think of it, it shouldn't be too bad - pWings' T is used when the part is placed and EE's T is used before that.. though it'd still toggle it for the next part you place.. Hrm.. could make the hotkeys configurable or something?

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

EDIT: Ouch.. pWings new update uses the T key binding to change the wing tip which conflicts with this.. although, now I think of it, it shouldn't be too bad - pWings' T is used when the part is placed and EE's T is used before that.. though it'd still toggle it for the next part you place.. Hrm.. could make the hotkeys configurable or something?

They will be configurable, my current build is using a config file to set the hotkey, and I'm adding a UI window to adjust them.

Would it be possible to put in a small change to the offset gizmo's snap behavior?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104196-Offset-Gizmo-snaps-in-directions-other-than-desired-movement

Currently when you try to move a part in one direction with snap enabled, it will also snap to all 3 dimensions of the 3d grid. I think it would be better if it only snapped along the current vector of movement, and it seems like it might be an easy change to make

I've got something working, but in a slightly different way - you place the part, hover over the part with your mouse, hit V, and it will snap itself to the center. I'm also looking at being able to align the part to the top/bottom of the other part as well.

I really appreciate all the work you are putting into keeping this mod current. Back in the early versions of KSP, before there was Editor Extensions, or at least before I knew about it, I would actually save my design, exit out of the game, toggle vertical snap in the cfg file and get back into the game to continue working, then repeat the process. Vertical snap is the most valuable "gizmo" they could have, as it is perfect for so many things like lining up radial decouplers and boosters, centering parts on structural elements, getting the launch clamps into the perfect places all the way around, placing stage separator motors so that they are balanced, placing RCS on symmetrical probes or just needing to keep the center of mass on a sub-assembly near the center etc. and if you want perfectly placed multi-symmetrical onion or asparagus staging, it's a must. All my rockets fly true when they are based on vertical snaps, and I wouldn't want to build ships without them. Keep up the great work, it is really anticipated and appreciated!

Would it be possible to put in a small change to the offset gizmo's snap behavior?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104196-Offset-Gizmo-snaps-in-directions-other-than-desired-movement

Currently when you try to move a part in one direction with snap enabled, it will also snap to all 3 dimensions of the 3d grid. I think it would be better if it only snapped along the current vector of movement, and it seems like it might be an easy change to make

This is actually more complicated than it seems (To me as well). From what I've found so far, the Gizmos aren't controllable via the API. I'm looking into writing custom part placement logic, effectively making my own gizmo that can intelligently place the part along another part taking into account its rotation and collision meshes. Not sure how long it will take, but I'm starting the research.

- - - Updated - - -

v2.1 is out, several changes so be sure to read the notes on the main post or the github download page

All my rockets fly true when they are based on vertical snaps, and I wouldn't want to build ships without them

I feel the same, that's why I wanted to get vertical snap back as well! (and looking into some new alignment options)

Thankyou so much for bringing this mod back, ive been refreshing with great anticipation!

However, unfortunately i have come across a bug.

When i try to open the "load vessel' menu in the VAB, an empty UI outline pops up but there is no interface. And i cannot cancel, quit or use any other button.

Output log spams this:

[EXC 15:03:34.130] ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.Repaint
UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type LayoutType)
UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, Boolean alwaysShowHorizontal, Boolean alwaysShowVertical, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
CraftBrowser.drawList (Int32 id)
UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[EXC 15:03:34.137] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
CraftBrowser.drawList (Int32 id)
UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[ERR 15:03:34.138] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

Thanks

Edited by advice_dawgg

Thankyou so much for bringing this mod back, ive been refreshing with great anticipation!

However, unfortunately i have come across a bug.

When i try to open the "load vessel' menu in the VAB, an empty UI outline pops up but there is no interface. And i cannot cancel, quit or use any other button.

thanks, I was just able to reproduce the error, not sure how I managed to miss this. I'm looking into it now.