Total rookie here :)! Liquid Engines not working...

Hello all!

I've had this game for about an hour, quite amazing!

I've done a little researching on my question and haven't found a viable answer yet, so sorry if this is redundant!

For what ever reason I can't seem to get my liquid engines working. I have the throttle on and I hit space bar, I get the inititial flash and thats about it.

I'm sure there is something severely obvious I am missing, if someone wouldn't mind pointing that out that would be great.

Thanks!

You havent used a bi-coupler at the top of the fuel tanks and at the bottom <=>{ ?

Game has a rule about looping connections with the parts... you cant have parts form a loop, this would cause the issue you have at the moment.

Post a screenshot, damnit

Hey hey hey now! :)

I'm at work, will be home later to upload a screen shot. Really have a basic design and only one decoupler at the top.

Parachute

Pod

Decoupler

SAS

Liquid gas w/oxidizer

engine

no bueno :(

There's a chance that you accidentally placed a part between the engine and the tank while building. It may be obstructing fuel flow. I'd recommend removing both the tank and engine and adding two new ones from the part list. See if that helps?

Hello all!

I've had this game for about an hour, quite amazing!

I've done a little researching on my question and haven't found a viable answer yet, so sorry if this is redundant!

For what ever reason I can't seem to get my liquid engines working. I have the throttle on and I hit space bar, I get the inititial flash and thats about it.

I'm sure there is something severely obvious I am missing, if someone wouldn't mind pointing that out that would be great.

Thanks!

Hello Chaz!

Right as others say upload a photo! But, judging from your previous comments, all should be well! Press space to activate the next stage OR right click on engine and click activate engine. Sorry if I seem bossy!

Rex3921. :)

Hello Chaz!

Right as others say upload a photo! But, judging from your previous comments, all should be well! Press space to activate the next stage OR right click on engine and click activate engine. Sorry if I seem bossy!

Rex3921. :)

Hey no bossyness received on my end I appreciate everyone's help!

Will post a pic soon when I get off work.

However almost 100 percent sure there is no part between the gas and engine either.

I only get lift with the rocket boosters. Have to use multiple stages of those guys with decouplers etc... to get anywhere.

That sounds like maybe your engine is to weak to lift the rocket. We'll know for sure when you post a screenshot ofcourse, and with standard engine that design SHOULD get off the ground

That sounds like maybe your engine is to weak to lift the rocket.
That's so obvious that I failed to think of it. Is the engine consuming fuel, and is the little flame animation running through the grill of the pad?

Now I'm a little embarrassed...

I reinstalled the game and the same design that didn't work yesterday works today. I'm going to try the two other designs I had failure with and report back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.