So how about that new space center?

LaydeeDem

The clouds you see are just SPH/VAB background, Maxmaps clearly stated in the live stream there will not be clouds in .21. SQUAD is working on it but we'll have to be patient a little while longer.

I can only imagine what this'll do to my framerate in the VAB/SPH. It's the only place in KSP where I don't lag. Still, impressive looking screenshots.

You've cleared not seen and read The new VAB and Space Plane Hangar topic. In that thread it has been mentioned at least 2 or 3 times the new VAB and SPH have only about a third of the polygons of the old buildings improving performance. If you're going to notice any changes it will be for the better.

I think i teared up a bit here :D Amazing, truly amazing. Stop crying about your old, moldy saves and rejoice folks. New era begins.

My save is neither old nor moldy. I was putting time into it right up until yesterday, when I found out.

.20 is the first time since I started playing this game that I decided to get serious about my space program, start building stations and bases, and go beyond Kerbin and its moons to the planets beyond. So this time around, I'm losing a lot more than I ever did before (unless, of course, I choose to continue playing with the old version a while longer).

I'll get over it, like I got over the loss of the version where I made my actual first moon landings, and any proof thereof other than screenshots. But it's still a little fresh and even traumatic to think about at the moment, considering all that time and effort put into e.g. assembling a station in orbit, and dismissive comments like this one aren't helping.

It is possible to look forward to the future without insulting the past.

I wonder if it will always be daytime in the VAB. It will be a bit weird to build your rocket while looking out at the sunny sky, then when you go outside to launch it's dark.

If the VAB is now being loaded as part of the same scene as the rest of the space center, it should match real conditions outside..or so I'd think.

I mean, I know .21 is really exciting and all but this is like the eighth thread that's been talking about it. We need just one thread to put all .21 things related in. In fact, there is another thread that is exactly like this one that Deadshot posted after the stream.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.