So how about that new space center?

LaydeeDem

I don't take KSP too seriously. If the saves break, that's sad, but if they were to make saves compatible all the way back to 0.7.2 then they would be trying to build the Empire State Building on top of the foundations of the Pyramids. It would be possible, but it would be slow, painful, jury-rigged, unstable and most of all not worth it.

I don't take KSP too seriously. If the saves break, that's sad, but if they were to make saves compatible all the way back to 0.7.2 then they would be trying to build the Empire State Building on top of the foundations of the Pyramids. It would be possible, but it would be slow, painful, jury-rigged, unstable and most of all not worth it.

This.

You guys seem to be more mad that your saves are breaking than happy that you're getting a brand new update!

My save is neither old nor moldy. I was putting time into it right up until yesterday, when I found out.

.20 is the first time since I started playing this game that I decided to get serious about my space program, start building stations and bases, and go beyond Kerbin and its moons to the planets beyond. So this time around, I'm losing a lot more than I ever did before (unless, of course, I choose to continue playing with the old version a while longer).

I'll get over it, like I got over the loss of the version where I made my actual first moon landings, and any proof thereof other than screenshots. But it's still a little fresh and even traumatic to think about at the moment, considering all that time and effort put into e.g. assembling a station in orbit, and dismissive comments like this one aren't helping.

Seriously though you are, presumably, playing a game that you know is in the alpha stage, far from complete, while the things you've done have value to you you HAVE to know that things like this are going to happen.

Being dismissive in this case is perfectly fine.

Anyone notice how the area where the launch gantry would be is hidden as well as the launch pad?

Do you mean the old launch tower? That's been gone since 0.19 and they probably won't be changing it again for a while (granted, they are overhauling the entire Space Center, but the launch pad is more than likely going to stay for a while).

Seriously though you are, presumably, playing a game that you know is in the alpha stage, far from complete, while the things you've done have value to you you HAVE to know that things like this are going to happen.

Not to mention that people can run the old versions and play their old saves any time they want. All it takes is a little extra effort to not delete the old version when a new one comes out.

Your utter lack of sympathy and understanding are noted, thank you.

Sympathy for what though? It's pretty clear the game isn't finished, this is well known before you buy the game, it's not hard to figure out that at some point(s) you may lose your "progress", and I use that term loosely as it's a sandbox game.

You're welcome.

Do you mean the old launch tower? That's been gone since 0.19 and they probably won't be changing it again for a while (granted, they are overhauling the entire Space Center, but the launch pad is more than likely going to stay for a while).

No, I know it was gone since 0.19 but I was just speculating.

I wonder if it will always be daytime in the VAB. It will be a bit weird to build your rocket while looking out at the sunny sky, then when you go outside to launch it's dark.

That's a really good point. I'd love it to change. Maybe in career mode, time will still pass in there, adding pressure to construction. That would be hard.

It's difficult to have sympathy in this case.

People are playing a game that (while absolutely amazing) is still obviously a work in progress. Steam even has it listed as being early access, so they can't use the "I'm new, I didn't know" excuse. You don't play games that aren't in a release state and expect them to be completely stable nor should you expect backwards compatibility from updates.

It's like asking us to have sympathy for someone who presses their hand in a fire and complain about being burned.

Did anyone else notice the button alongside the action groups one, with the stage in scaffolding on it, (hushed whispers) I think we might be getting subassemblies.

How in the world did you see that? It's obviously the outline of a Kerbal, probably the button to choose which Kerbals you wish to put into your rocket.

How in the world did you see that? It's obviously the outline of a Kerbal, probably the button to choose which Kerbals you wish to put into your rocket.

Bugger, I was on my netbook wit ha small screen, an N-1 or similar stage in scaffolding was what I saw, and one ten pixel tall thing loos similar to another.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.