[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

Huh, is there any known conflicts with the KW Rocketry fairings? It's the only other thing I can think of that I usually don't have with Procedural Fairings. I'll try re-installing the mod but looking at it, everything's in all the right places.

I cannot remember: How much structural stability do jettisonable fairings used to form an interstage hull (and also real interstage fairings) add to craft?

If any, how can this be increased?

Huh, is there any known conflicts with the KW Rocketry fairings? It's the only other thing I can think of that I usually don't have with Procedural Fairings. I'll try re-installing the mod but looking at it, everything's in all the right places.

No. I'm hard pressed to think what conflicts might occur even hypothetically.

Highly doubt it, but I ended up removing the KW fairings and bases anyway since all I use now are these. What's the problem, are the parts just not showing up in the VAB?

Has anyone made better arrangement of the fairings? Considering that playing with FAR makes fairing just about a necessary, its a bit redundant to not have access to any fairings until a node of 160 science. Also is there a way to create restrictions on the fairings? (except for self imposed ones ofc)

Highly doubt it, but I ended up removing the KW fairings and bases anyway since all I use now are these. What's the problem, are the parts just not showing up in the VAB?

Yeah just can't find them anywhere in the VAB. It just occurred to me though that I may have installed it after starting my career playthrough, so perhaps that's the cause? I'm gonna try it in sandbox anyway and see if they appear

Edit: Huh, re-installed again and it seems to be working. It's all from the same RAR file I installed it from last time too. I can't quite figure what was causing it, the only thing I did differently this time was installed the Keramzit folder too rather than just the Procedural Fairings folder.

Oh well, just glad to have it back, it's one of my favourite mods!

Edited by Kerbonautical

Has anyone made better arrangement of the fairings? Considering that playing with FAR makes fairing just about a necessary, its a bit redundant to not have access to any fairings until a node of 160 science. Also is there a way to create restrictions on the fairings? (except for self imposed ones ofc)

It's not that difficult to change the science required in the configs, or create a Module Manager config. There should be a way to limit size and such, I think I remember that StretchySRBs have a way to limit the size based on science progress.

Something went wrong with fairing's behavior:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/20451-0-23-5-Ferram-Aerospace-Research-v0-13-2-4-27-14?p=1124565&viewfull=1#post1124565

I feel like it's more FAR-related, but who know. BTW, they don't get destroyed even when fall from 4-5 km height, they just softly touch ground and remain there O_o

Yeah just can't find them anywhere in the VAB. It just occurred to me though that I may have installed it after starting my career playthrough, so perhaps that's the cause? I'm gonna try it in sandbox anyway and see if they appear

Edit: Huh, re-installed again and it seems to be working. It's all from the same RAR file I installed it from last time too. I can't quite figure what was causing it, the only thing I did differently this time was installed the Keramzit folder too rather than just the Procedural Fairings folder.

Oh well, just glad to have it back, it's one of my favourite mods!

That's probably why...I think the mod relies on it being inside \GAMEDATA\Keramzit\ProceduralFairings\

I've found out with other plugin based mods that capitalization matters too. I once capitalized a folder and it broke the mod it relied on until I changed it back.

That's probably why...I think the mod relies on it being inside \GAMEDATA\Keramzit\ProceduralFairings\

I've found out with other plugin based mods that capitalization matters too. I once capitalized a folder and it broke the mod it relied on until I changed it back.

Ohh ok, yeah that makes sense. Seem to have hit one other small hitch caused by myself though. Since I already unlocked the nodes that would contain the fairings and now they're showing up in the VAB but are blacked out. Anyone know a fix to this? I can always start another career but I really don't want to lose my Mun prison for bad kerbals.

There's no estimate for now, I don't have a lot of time to work on it.

Also the next update is going to be serious: I want to deprecate the current bases in favor of resizable ones.

The fairings with tweakable textures are planned too, and they'll have Stretchy Tanks / Procedural Parts texture support.

I have a problem in career mode. For some reason the parts are not showing up in the tech tree. I have tried adding them with a cfg file, pretty much placing them where they are suppose to be according to their part.cfg:

// -------------------- Procedural Fairings -------------------- //

@PART[KzProcFairingBase0_625]
{
@TechRequired=precisionEngineering
@entryCost=0
}

@PART[KzProcFairingBaseRing0_625]
{
@TechRequired=precisionEngineering
@entryCost=0
}

@PART[KzProcFairingBase1_25]
{
@TechRequired=flightControl
@entryCost=0
}

@PART[KzProcFairingBaseRing1_25]
{
@entryCost=0
}

@PART[KzProcFairingSide1]
{
@entryCost=0
}

@PART[KzProcFairingSide2]
{
@entryCost=0
}

@PART[KzProcFairingBaseRing2_5]
{
@TechRequired=aerodynamicSystems
@entryCost=0
}

@PART[KzProcFairingBase2_5]
{
@TechRequired=aerodynamicSystems
@entryCost=0
}

@PART[KzProcFairingBase3_75]
{
@TechRequired=heavyAerodynamics
@entryCost=0
}

@PART[KzProcFairingBase5]
{
@entryCost=0
}

@PART[KzProcFairingBaseRing3_75]
{
@entryCost=0
}

@PART[KzProcFairingBaseRing5]
{
@entryCost=0
}

@PART[KzProcFairingFuselage1]
{
@TechRequired=advConstruction
@entryCost=0
}

@PART[KzProcFairingFuselage2]
{
@entryCost=0
}

@PART[KzInterstageAdapter]
{
@entryCost=0
}

That didn't work. Then I tried adding them in the save folders tree.cfg. Again no luck. Anyone got an idea of whats going wrong?

Since I don't see the source code anywhere, PLEASE PLEASE, PLEASE add another node on top of the adaptive fairing part. connector 'top1'. like 'top2'. this will allow people to add like an engine cluster without having to lug around that big fat adaptive fairing part. this is what a lot of mods are doing for cargo parts (which is exactly what this adaptive fairing part is.

If I add this to the part file, it doesn't stick to the same height as the adaptive parts.

thanks so much.

I have a problem in career mode. For some reason the parts are not showing up in the tech tree. I have tried adding them with a cfg file, pretty much placing them where they are suppose to be according to their part.cfg:

That didn't work. Then I tried adding them in the save folders tree.cfg. Again no luck. Anyone got an idea of whats going wrong?

The download comes with tech tree integration, there has to be a problem with your gamedata. Either you installed the mod wrong (doubt it, but can happen) or you are using a mod that changes the tech tree?

The download comes with tech tree integration, there has to be a problem with your gamedata. Either you installed the mod wrong (doubt it, but can happen) or you are using a mod that changes the tech tree?

This is correct. Interstellar adds its own tech tree. However it doesn't prevent parts from being added, neither through its part.cfg nor by any other means. Like I said I have tried adding it through a cfg file, with the code listed above. I have used that to add many other items to the tech tree with no problems. I have also gone into the injected tree.cfg and added the parts one at a time, and again it didn't work.

Since I don't see the source code anywhere, PLEASE PLEASE, PLEASE add another node on top of the adaptive fairing part. connector 'top1'. like 'top2'. this will allow people to add like an engine cluster without having to lug around that big fat adaptive fairing part. this is what a lot of mods are doing for cargo parts (which is exactly what this adaptive fairing part is.

If I add this to the part file, it doesn't stick to the same height as the adaptive parts.

thanks so much.

The source code is in the zip file.

I don't understand how the second top node would work. How should it move when you move the first top node? And what do you need it for exactly?

this will allow people to add like an engine cluster without having to lug around that big fat adaptive fairing part.

What, like this?

xusGr5vl.png

Edited by Tallinu

So I installed Procedural Fairings, unlocked the parts, added the parts to my ship and... nothing happened. The procedural part didn't kick in. I'm not seeing any errors in the debug logs, I'm running 23.5, and Procedural Fairings is the first mod I have ever installed. Any ideas? :(

So I installed Procedural Fairings, unlocked the parts, added the parts to my ship and... nothing happened. The procedural part didn't kick in. I'm not seeing any errors in the debug logs, I'm running 23.5, and Procedural Fairings is the first mod I have ever installed. Any ideas? :(

Welcome to the forum.

So you've installed it right, it seems, as you got the parts.

By "the procedural part didn'T kick in", do you mean the walls weren't generated in the vehicle assembly building?