Dedicated Space Vehicles

Sofa499

Thread for vehicles that are intended to spend their entire lives out in the high frontier; built in orbit (if ever possible), and not designed for re-entry.

------------------------------------------------------

Mk-1 Orbital Tender

orbital_tender.jpg

Built as a testbed for future vehicles intended to carry out such heavy-duty, zero-G tasks as orbital debris-clearing, satellite tending, and space station construction and maintenance.

Due to unknown reasons, Kerbonauts tend to die at about 2000 km up; currently investigating the problem, though it might be a bug of some kind.

Due to unknown reasons, Kerbonauts tend to die at about 2000 km up; currently investigating the problem, though it might be a bug of some kind.

If you\'re not running the .12 release, then that\'s your problem. It\'s an edited command module part that looks like something else [e.g. the Yawmaster] crashing into the ground. .12 solved this by allowing you to choose a main command module, so that others don\'t send false death messages.

I am a Sinner I mix different mods!

However, I agree with the assessment of Silisko.

We community members and users of mods should keep the feelings of the designers in mind.

However, I admit that i enjoy designing with the largest available palate of parts and frequently do. I enjoy the variety and new ideas which come with each subsequent mod.

In a personal message to Silisko:

From Post titled: 'A Mixed bag of big rockets' posted by RedRockets--

A personal appeal to NovaSilisko---

I would like to say that I am in awe of your talents at constructing original parts out of whole cloth. It is a talent which i do not control but look to with an envious eye.

(It is a mark of admiration to your forward thinking design that I have found your 2m faring to be so useful it has become my go to payload concealment device.)

Thank you for your efforts and I hope future parts kits will be as exceptional as the current mod.

Thank you for putting your skills toward an effort which brings out the creative nature of so many people of the same mind for, and connection to, space and science.

However your creation when distributed to a community which values the 'best,' 'most efficient,' 'interesting,' 'solid,' or, ' favorite' of the parts that are available it is important to realize that the creative members of the community, who may be disregarding your wishes as the creator, are flattering you and honoring your skill by using your parts.

If you would please take a larger perspective...look at the ends of the construction process and take pride and satisfaction in the means you have given us designers/users (which can only be yours as the creator) when each craft which contains your parts is successful and makes the members of this community rejoice at their and your shared success.

I hope this post reaches your heart and changes your mind and outlook or at the very least contributes to continuing the dialogue towards a positive conclusion.

RRs

If you\'re not running the .12 release, then that\'s your problem. It\'s an edited command module part that looks like something else [e.g. the Yawmaster] crashing into the ground. .12 solved this by allowing you to choose a main command module, so that others don\'t send false death messages.

Yeah, at the time, I wasn\'t using 0.12. In fact, it wasn\'t released by then.

Behold, the Farseer and its Enigma launch vehicle. Second incarnation of my interplanetary starship prototype.

(Orange fuel tank and up is the Farseer section)

In this variant its untested, but by all indications should work as intended... a little tight on fuel on way to orbit perhaps....

Thoughts?

DISCLAIMER: work in progress

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.