What will you do when .21 hits?

llamatoes

Firstly, I will explore the new space centre. Then make my traditional run to the Mun, with any new parts stuck on to my ship wherever they fit.

Then add mods to see what still works.

Not much. Strange as it may sound, a VAB retexture does not inspire my explorative urges. I'm waiting for an update like mining, aerodynamics or a new planet to go to before I'm going to do anything other than install it, have a look, and then play something else for 2-3 months.

Edited by PwnedDuck
Retexture, not "fete true"

Not much. Strange as it may sound, a VAB retexture does not inspire my explorative urges. I'm waiting for an update like mining, aerodynamics or a new planet to go to before I'm going to do anything other than install it, have a look, and then play something else for 2-3 months.

Damn right, mate..

When I see everyone super excited about this update, I really dont see anything super about it.. Sure, big inside steps, that modify the core of the game so it can be better later are added, but hey.. Besides fixed ASAS (which I dont think should be main feature in next patch, should have been in hotfix few months ago), there isnt anything I am looking forward to:(

I wouldn't say super excited, more like "interested". I am in the same boat for wanting stuff to do like mining, science and 'research' but its nice to see things advancing. If its too slow for people thats really just on them for not understanding dev processes.

Sit on the Support board and hope I can handle any new issues...

I have no idea what new bugs or pebkac errors I'll face.

Ahhh good ol pebkac ;)

My self, I plan on backing up my current version, saves and all. Then see what can be done to bring in my .20 stuff to .21. If it's too much of a hassle I may start from scratch. See if I can get a station going that uses less parts than the one I've got up now. Also once Kethane gets updated, I'll remake my kethane scanner to sort of match what I had with normal (nearly useless) orbiting probes I made before. They only had the 4 stock science modules, as well as 4 of the large commutrons, and the smaller commutrons. May also download the ISA MapSat mode and throw that on there too for fun. At least then the probes will actually be doing something useful. :)

As it´s mostly a cosmetic nature (as I understand with mün, Space Center,...) with a little save game breaking. I think I will launch a few rockets and see how the ASAS works and start waiting for 0.22 or 0.23... Then if there is still nothing spectacular, it´s time to give KSP a big rest and move on to other games, isn´t there "elite -dangerous" on the horizion or "Roaam" ...

Ahhh good ol pebkac ;)

We called this a PICNIC error where I work, "Problem In Chair, Not In Computer"

I'll backup my current folder, install and play with the new one, then flip back-and-forth between both if I see the need to compare. See if I can get the old savegame file edited to work with the new version; if not, then I'll re-accomplish the missions I've currently got (space station, orbital mapping at Kerbin/mun/Minmus, two Kerbin-based missions located near anomalies). perhaps redesign my station as to not be so wobbly.

Looking forward to ASAS with less fuel consumption.

Well, with the latest patch, I'm rolling back to v0.20.0.162 until someone finds a way to copy across the saves to the latest KSP, and if this cannot be done, I'm abandoning my Steam copy of the game until it's feature complete and properly optimised. I just don't have the enormous amount of time, and almost blind devotion to doing the same things over and over again that many of you have. Instead, I'm going to try and use the older client to identify the problems with the Soviet Pack in later versions, to try and help understand what's breaking the entire game for some of us, and that's it for the new features for now; I really do think KSP has gone public years too early now, Minecraft at least had a functioning, complete core game when released so you didn't lose any of your progress as more content was added... which in Sandbox play is absolutely vital to maintain. I'll come back to the main stream of development when a full career is up and running maybe.

Train Jeb to never show any sign of fear!

Some questions answered.

Is it true that .21 will break your previous saves and you'll essentially have to start from scratch again? Even if I have base or rover that uses only stock parts, I'll have to start over?

Yes.

Cry since I'm almost done with my... rather large ship I have up in orbit. Was planning on taking it to eeloo and back, maybe making some stops on the way.

I have a good news for you. DO IT! Fly there! And plant a flag! Then when you return copy the flag from the persistance file and CTRL-V it to your 0.21 save!

Edited by EvilotionCR2

Finally going to Duna...I started to play like 3 months ago, I made all the Mun-Minmus landings, I had a satisfing space station in orbit, had some planetary probes on the way but I was waiting cause I was constructing a scientific base on Minmus. All of this meant that I was just going to depart for the duna manned mission but the 0.20 kicked in, all mods I had went lost and all preparation was trashed. So now I'm only waiting for a Mod-stable patch and burn straight to Duna.

+1 to this

Sit on the Support board and hope I can handle any new issues...

I have no idea what new bugs or pebkac errors I'll face.

That's so nice. Seriously, that brought a smile to my face. Good on ya.

On topic, I'll probably go to the mun and go crater surfing :)

I'll hold on updating until at least FAR is updated. Sorry, Squad, but that stock set of bugs that for some weird reason is called "aerodynamics", doesn't cut it after FAR...

I'm settling into a routine for these things. I plan to:

1) Follow news of the release and reactions on the forums

2) Keep playing the previous version until 0.21.1 is out and key mods are updated

3) Archive all user data and everything else I've added to my 0.20.2 install; tuck the archive into the KSP folder for easy reference after installing 0.21.1

4) Start from scratch, copying over the most keenly-missed items (probably just a few craft files this time) from the archive as needed

5) ???

6) Profit!!! EXPLOSIONS!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.