Waiting for 0.21...

MaverickSawyer

Great minds, thinking alike, et cetera.

Though I call mine a frigate.

Nice! Can it actually make orbit from there? Mine falls apart if I put the whole thing on the launch pad.

And yeah, I know I'm going to have to rebuild it when 0.21 breaks everything. I'm just playing with the pieces for now, making sure everything fits together.

Nice! Can it actually make orbit from there? Mine falls apart if I put the whole thing on the launch pad.

And yeah, I know I'm going to have to rebuild it when 0.21 breaks everything. I'm just playing with the pieces for now, making sure everything fits together.

Yes.

screenshot220_zps3e73667b.png

screenshot221_zps6e1a9334.png

And no. :) The Kerbal engineering is strong in this one. Still has many bugs to unbug.

From what I've heard it isn't coming out for a week or two, so I'm probably gonna keep playing normally for a week and then wait it out.

Nobody knows when it will be released, not even the devs

ha ha ha yeah good idea, challenge accepted

Excellent. I am enthused. We are now in direct competition. Remember to post screenshots!

... instead of polluting this thread, I will make a new one, and invite you to it, pertaining to this challenge.

Edited by Whackjob

Excellent. I am enthused. We are now in direct competition. Remember to post screenshots!

... instead of polluting this thread, I will make a new one, and invite you to it, pertaining to this challenge.

Of course (10char)

Well tbh I havent been playing Kerbal for a month whilst I have been waiting for something substantial to be added into the game after playing 200+ hours on it. This patch may well get me another 50 or so hours on it I suspect. I was playing Crusader Kings 2 which I got in a Steam sale and it is a great little game. After that the trading cards came out so I started playing Half Life 2 again after years of having not playing it when I got stuck in the Nova Prospekt jail. And over the last few days I have started playing Wargame: Airland Battle which is another superb game.

So at the moment I have an Ireland CK2 game hanging in the balance because I will probably next have to fight Scotland, I am trying to get off the Half Life 2 secure compound roof near the end of the game I presume, and I am busy playing through the fantastic W:AB tutorials trying to stop my motorised infantry getting slaughtered by Russian tanks!

Just dont have enough time for all these great games!

Edited by nats

about to make a video (with my voice in it for the first time) showing off a probe ship i build with multiple rovers that can be sent down from a planet in orbit. but im waiting for people to stop watching TV in the same room and generally making noise so i can actually do it :/

I've been keeping my main space station since 0.18.... upgrading it, moving it around, feeding it sweet fuel so it can dispense it to passing ships... reading her stories before we go to bed... Would hate to see her go... ;.;

MUST... GO... ON... *snif*

On topic, I'm designing a good rover that would be able to traverse the new Mun's terrain.

<SPOCK_RAISED_EYEBROW> New terrain? </SPOCK_RAISED_EYEBROW> Nice.. I did not notice that!

After playing 0.19-0.20 like a fanatic and doing return missions from everywhere landable but Vall and Bop, I'm building some "sensible" .crafts with the intent of coming at the sandbox in a logical, progressive fashion: using Kerbal Alarm Clock to plan missions and KSP MapSat to look for anomolies so that I actually have a reason to go places. Sending probes to places before trying to set a boot down on it first, as it should be. Designing an orbiting space station that has an actual reason to exist as a holding place for large crews while assembling interplanetary vessels in orbit and providing a refueling station for Kerbin <-> Mun <-> Minmus shuttle.

I got bored, so I built a cruiser that can make a Kerbin -> Jool -> Laythe transfer without refuelling. I'm pretty sure I can add a mission module comprised entirely of fuel to extend the range, but I guess single-shot refuelling ships can take up the slack until then. I actually replaced some of those probes on the sides with landers, rover packages and I swapped out one of the hemispherical fuel tanks at the back for a small station to deploy at Laythe while I ship base parts there with this cruiser. Transfer burns take half an hour though, so I usually set up the manoeuvre nodes myself and let MechJeb execute them while I go pour myself a cup of sandwich.

In other news, I made a space station that looks like a giant nipple and can shoot up to twelve probes without being resupplied. It's orbiting Eve at the moment, just in case they think about invading Kerbin.

FF0C9E6E9F40D635160A0BF0AB55471C574E7380

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.