[WIP] KerbTown v0.13 Beta - Place static buildings, cities, launch sites & more!

Razchek

Here is the other problem I am experiancing... Buildings like to join me in the sph... http://i.imgur.com/cDSVYQZ.png

Any ideas?

I have such issue from time to time when a situation occurred with one thing I test, just restart KSP and it's ok.

@HoneyFox: do you know if there is any way to put thing into a high altitude (=orbit) ?

I tried at 1 Mm , building doesn't appear, and launched vessel can't be controlled at all. I've tried the same building in a lower altitude (2 km as far as I remember) and it's not the fact to be "in the air" than bother Kerbtown.

@Justin: I was replying to Mach's comment.

Of course at this point, in .23.5 I can't get it to work at all. The window will not open, and all of the launch points I had set in .23 now make me fall out of the planet and crash the game. :\

:D ok, that's why it's better to "target" our answers.

Anyway, I can't believe is pure KSP related issue, as for me it's only occurred when messing with Kerbtown, it has never happened before and I have never have such issue with "kerbtownless" install (pure stock or stock + some others mods including plug-in or not).

For 23.5 update, we have to wait for HoneyFox to do it, and redo it probably on every KSP update which change something in it's own API.

HoneyFox: Dirt_Merchant ran into an interesting issue where KSC's location is reset to -0.1/-74 (stock location) from its RSS location when using Kerbtown's launching system. Any idea why that might be?

Oh, I've been sick for recent days so i didn't come up to check all these posts...

This sounds weird, can it be reproduced always or it's just by chance? I've never experienced that even if I've added more than 8 launch sites all over the earth (Baikonur, Cape Canaveral, JiuQuan, Kourou, Ocean Odyssey, Vandenberg, ... to name a few). I've experienced some KSC buildings mislocated though, but that should be another issue and I've already found a way to avoid that (I guess).

Currently KT should add launch sites only once when you get into the space center for the first time after you launch the game. Oh, wait, does that mean if you change to another save, it might give duplicated launch sites? But still I don't think it will do anything to the stock launchpad and runway. So make sure you don't name your launch site as "LaunchPad" or "Runway", these are used by the stock ones.

I have such issue from time to time when a situation occurred with one thing I test, just restart KSP and it's ok.

@HoneyFox: do you know if there is any way to put thing into a high altitude (=orbit) ?

I tried at 1 Mm , building doesn't appear, and launched vessel can't be controlled at all. I've tried the same building in a lower altitude (2 km as far as I remember) and it's not the fact to be "in the air" than bother Kerbtown.

I've tried placing a launch site directly at GSO altitude too. :P Failed...

The reason seems to be related to some input locks given either by stock KSP or KJR, which prevents me from giving any input. (You can check these by Alt+F12 and "Show Input Lock Stack") It might be possible to forcibly disable these input locks but I'm afraid it will give more trouble.

I've tried placing a launch site directly at GSO altitude too. :P Failed...

The reason seems to be related to some input locks given either by stock KSP or KJR, which prevents me from giving any input. (You can check these by Alt+F12 and "Show Input Lock Stack") It might be possible to forcibly disable these input locks but I'm afraid it will give more trouble.

It's weird. My orbital launchpad works a while but when I tried to launch a 400t rocket with a mechjeb case, first I have such input lock due to mechjeb ! (mechjeb_noclick), and without it, no control works anyway except decoupling, which lead to orbiting launch clamps (which mysteriously vanished after switchback back to the petrified rocket) !

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but all it gives me is a DNS Error, I tried saving the link but it still didn't work. If it needs to be fixed, please do, this seems like an awesome mod!

You failed to access the dropbox link? I will see if I can find some other mirror.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but all it gives me is a DNS Error, I tried saving the link but it still didn't work. If it needs to be fixed, please do, this seems like an awesome mod!

The latest version is not in OP.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfssc2u341zp58a/KerbTown%20%28fixed%20for%20v0.23%29.zip

Check more details in this post:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/40374-WIP-KerbTown-v0-13-Beta-Place-static-buildings-cities-launch-sites-more!?p=1052327&viewfull=1#post1052327

Edited by HoneyFox

It has been fixed and the package has been released for several weeks...

Oh, well then I'm confused because as of the 14th and the latest version I could find in the thread, I am unable to open the mod window, and when selecting launch sites through the SPH and launching, my ships fall into the void and the game crashes.

@HoneyFox, I know you said you didn't want to take over the mod as such, but considering the amount of repeat questions, it might be time to have a forum mod either alter the text in the OP, or close this thread with a final statement, and start a new one.

@Kerbies_are_my_Minions if you check HoneyFox's posts, he has a newer version for download a few pages back.

Perhaps KerbTown would be best served by becoming a somewhat decentralized open source project similar to MechJeb, there's one official release who's features and updates are curated by a couple people, and then the system emphisizes that anybody can make a branch withthe features they want. This minimizes the responsibility and time demands on the leaders and then Sarbian does all the work, I mean...... This way KerbTown is more open to features being tried out by anybody who cares, and as a whole more resistant to individules disappearing come update time.

@HoneyFox (or anyone who want to help with this): do you think it'll be possible to tweak/fix launch site code cause in fact as it is now Kerbtown inherit its name not from kerbal but from Kerbin, cause anything set anywhere (my assumption) else than Kerbin is doom to failed (including low orbit, fortunately or not).

I try to set a launch site on Mun, building is there, but vessel is sent directly to Kraken-Stomac-Town :(.

EDIT: it works after restarting KSP, I made the first launch (I guess) from Mun !

@Greys: good idea !

By the way, HoneyFox: any plan to share your work on the plug-in (no update except license on Github Razchek's repository) ?

Edited by Justin Kerbice
launch sites on other bodies may works (I have one on Mun that's work at least)

I was trying to add some office building I made, but when I added the object to the game, the camera didn't focus on it. There was no model in sight. I though I did all the CFG stuff right, I checked, and it was right. It probably has to do with the model. What did I do wrong?