[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

Is it possible to configure a TacGenericConverter to be turned on by default or "always on"?

Always on = no.

On by default = yes: add "converterEnabled = true" to the MODULE section of the part's cfg file.

+1 this feature request

The only use case that I have seen for making the converters be "always on" and not able to be turned off -- Greenhouses -- is better served by a new part module made specifically for that. And I am working on one.

Hi, I need some help getting this to work with one of my save files. In .23, it works just fine in a brand new save file, but it doesn't work in a save file that I dragged over from .22. (The resources don't get drained and the kerbals never die). What can I do to make it work again in the old save file?

Hi, I need some help getting this to work with one of my save files. In .23, it works just fine in a brand new save file, but it doesn't work in a save file that I dragged over from .22. (The resources don't get drained and the kerbals never die). What can I do to make it work again in the old save file?

Does it work in new crafts?

The only use case that I have seen for making the converters be "always on" and not able to be turned off -- Greenhouses -- is better served by a new part module made specifically for that. And I am working on one.

Oh, I know. :)

I would just like to use your currently existing code with the greenhouse mod we have, since we already have a huge overlap in users.

EDIT:

Biking home from work I stopped by a compost pile and was reminded of what alwaysOn would be used for for things other than Greenhouses:

---Simulating a leaky hull(this can be done with stock Squad generator module, though)

---Any spontaneous chemical reaction

---Breakdown of biological waste

---Really any spontaneous chemical/biological reaction.

Edited by seanth

First thing that I would do is open the Life Support Settings window in the Space Center scene and double check that "Enabled" is marked. Most of the rest of the window should be hidden if it isn't.

Also, is the icon showing at all in the Flight scene? Can you get the Life Support Monitoring Window to show there?

And... have you launched your craft? Nothing happens until the vessel starts flying so that you can time warp to your launch window without worrying about the crew.

After that, please upload your entire log file and the entire persistant.sfs file so that I can look at them. My recommendation is to upload them to Dropbox or Pastebin.

What OS are you running: Windows / OSX / Linux?

What other mods do you have installed?

I hope some of that helps!

First thing that I would do is open the Life Support Settings window in the Space Center scene and double check that "Enabled" is marked. Most of the rest of the window should be hidden if it isn't.

Also, is the icon showing at all in the Flight scene? Can you get the Life Support Monitoring Window to show there?

And... have you launched your craft? Nothing happens until the vessel starts flying so that you can time warp to your launch window without worrying about the crew.

After that, please upload your entire log file and the entire persistant.sfs file so that I can look at them. My recommendation is to upload them to Dropbox or Pastebin.

I also met this issue recently.

In one save that i used to have TACLS working correctly, it now doesn't work at all during flight. The TACLS icon doesn't even show in ToolBar plugin.

It works in VAB/SPH though, I can see the green fork&knife icon in the Toolbar there. I can see it in SpaceCenter too, and I clicked that to see the option UI, in which the option "Enabled" is on.

I also met this issue recently.

In one save that i used to have TACLS working correctly, it now doesn't work at all during flight. The TACLS icon doesn't even show in ToolBar plugin.

It works in VAB/SPH though, I can see the green fork&knife icon in the Toolbar there. I can see it in SpaceCenter too, and I clicked that to see the option UI, in which the option "Enabled" is on.

Please:

*snip*

Thank you!

Does it work in new crafts?

Nope.

Its enabled in the Life Support Settings window in the space center, but there's no icon in the flight scene. I have launched a manned craft and orbited for days without electric charge or any life support resource draining.

Heres the persistent.sfs.

I'm running on Windows 8 with the following mods:

Toolbar

B9 Aerospace

Active Texture Mangement

CityLights+Clouds

DeadlyReentry

EnhancedNavball

ExsurgentEngineering

FerramAerospaceResearch

Firespitter

KAS

pFairings

pWings

KJR

HyperEdit

KerbCam

KESA Resource Integration

Kethane

KineTechAnimation

SSE+SmartParts

KW Rocketry

MSI Infernal Robotics

Mechjeb2

SphericalTanks

ModularFuelTanks

pwbFuelBalancer

RCSBuildAid

RCSSounds

RealChute

RemoteTech2

ResGen

StarShine Ind. stocklike

TACLS of course

TreeLoader

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Kerbal Interstellar.

Too many, I know, but they all work in harmony in new saves, and did in .22. Just not in a .22 save in .23. It appears that for some reason that VesselInfo{} nodes aren't being written for crafts in the TacLS SCENARIO{} node, but I'm not sure what has to do with what.

Thanks for the help. I hope its not too difficult to fix.. many hours have gone into this save file :confused:

Edited by BahamutoD

Thank you for the great mod! I do have one question (did search, but not able to find something). Is there a dedicated tank for waste only? I notice that I produce more waste than wastewater or carbon dioxide... My supply ships now carry a lot of water/oxygen that my station doesnt need and I can only take a bit of the waste back to Kerbin...

Thank you for the great mod! I do have one question (did search, but not able to find something). Is there a dedicated tank for waste only? I notice that I produce more waste than wastewater or carbon dioxide... My supply ships now carry a lot of water/oxygen that my station doesnt need and I can only take a bit of the waste back to Kerbin...

There is no dedicated Waste container, but any excess waste you produce is dumped overboard so you don't need to worry about the space.

Thank you for the quick reaction... Had to LOL because of it, worried a lot about it (extra launches etc). All for nothing!

Also, if you have TAC Fuel Balancer (Another great mod) You are able to dump any excess yourself, effectively emptying your tank into space.

Nothing jumps out at me from the log file. You said it was "abridged", what did you cut out? Do you have the crash files? On Windows, it creates a directory containing the crash files like "2014-01-25_205050" in the KSP directory.

What other mods do you have installed? Do you know anything else that might have changed about your setup?

When you say "crash", you do mean that the program crashes and quits, right? Not just hangs?

BTW, the Module Manager DLL should be installed to {KSP}/GameData, not {KSP}/GameData/ThunderAerospace. Not that it would cause your issue.

I hope some of that helps :(

this was a fresh out of the zip file copy of the game with only the latest Lifesupport installed. I made various attempts (made sure all files were where they are supposed to be) and still haven't been able to sort out my problems.

after trying to start a new or load a recently created save file, I get as far as the load bar (sometimes hear KSC bird chirps) and then it terminates the program.

I never seem to have a directory containing the crashed files, just the log reports.

What was "abridged" from my log file was squad model and texture loading printlines. Any abnormalities with those were left in.

digging a little though, I found a player.log outside of the usual KSP directory

the log reports a SIGSEGV, contains entries matching those found in the KSP.log, and this is reported at the end of the file:

Tac.AddLifeSupport[CD300080][34.67]: Adding Life Support to mk2LanderCabin/Mk2 Lander-can

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/LinuxStandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Tac.AddLifeSupport[CD300080][34.67]: The LifeSupportModule is already there.

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/LinuxStandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Tac.AddLifeSupport[CD300080][34.67]: Adding Life Support to Large.Crewed.Lab/Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2

Tac.AddLifeSupport[CD300080][34.67]: The LifeSupportModule is missing!

Tac.AddLifeSupport[CD300080][34.67]: Error adding the Part Module (expected?): Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Tac.AddLifeSupport.AddPartModule (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Cross-posting this from the realism overhaul thread.

I made models for an electrolyser and a fuel cell (technically a 12-cell stack).

They are available at https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4y-shYXMH9BcEhsUWNyLXpXZEU&usp=sharing.

Electrolyser (from the Elektron diagrams, ignoring safety features such as a blast-proof housing and a nitrogen pressure hull).

http://imgur.com/a/0ost5

Fuel cell (from tweaking the previous model and looking at the Apollo Operations Handbook). It's shown packed inside a service module with RCS tanks, O2 tanks, with MechJeb providing some awkward lighting.

http://imgur.com/a/etto1

Caveat: I do not use the same colour-coding as regex for O2, H2 and H2O. I sort of followed ISO 14726 for the pipes (http://www.maritimeprogress.com/downloads/M2-Pipe-Identification-Tape-to-ISO14726.pdf) and although this is probably bad practice, I used the same colour-coding for the tanks. It follows for instance that the O2 tanks in the electrolyser and fuel cell are gray-blue-gray (this happens to match the tanks in the Mk1 pod and on the launchpad), while the regex O2 tanks are yellow. Water is okay, it's blue.

EDIT: Updated version, CEN EN 1089-3 compliant.

http://imgur.com/a/3N7Zt

Regarding licensing,

http://i.creativecommons.org/l/by-sa/4.0/88x31.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

What exactly do I download and where do I put it, to have to be compatible with TAC?

*snip*

"the log reports a SIGSEGV" -- where? What does it say exactly? What lines are around it? My mod should not be causing that so I think you have another issue. Can you upload that *entire* file to Pastebin or Dropbox?

"Tac.AddLifeSupport[CD300080][34.67]: Error adding the Part Module (expected?)" -- is a known issue. It does that. And does not seem to cause any problems. I am catching that exception and logging that it happens, so it is not propagating up and causing other problems.

Are you sure the crash does not happen with a vanilla install (no mods)?

There are others using my mod on Linux, right? Anyone else having this problem?

"the log reports a SIGSEGV" -- where? What does it say exactly? What lines are around it? My mod should not be causing that so I think you have another issue. Can you upload that *entire* file to Pastebin or Dropbox?

"Tac.AddLifeSupport[CD300080][34.67]: Error adding the Part Module (expected?)" -- is a known issue. It does that. And does not seem to cause any problems. I am catching that exception and logging that it happens, so it is not propagating up and causing other problems.

Are you sure the crash does not happen with a vanilla install (no mods)?

There are others using my mod on Linux, right? Anyone else having this problem?

I was able to get Jeb off the pad with life support installed now.

not really sure what is causing the issue at a technical level, but the game crashes while loading/starting games if KSP is started via the launcher. Starting the game via the KSP executable seems to run the game without incident.

Excellent mod I'm having really fun with it, The logistic for bring and move food water and O2 is solved, and now we need to be able to grow our own food and to mine or extract water and O2, is there any mod that can do this?.

Excellent mod I'm having really fun with it, The logistic for bring and move food water and O2 is solved, and now we need to be able to grow our own food and to mine or extract water and O2, is there any mod that can do this?.

Look at KESA and there is http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64595-Open-Resource-System-%28ORS%29-Mod-Resource-API-version-1-0-0

And here is the link to KESA http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63798-0-23-Beta-KESA-Resource-Integration-v0-1-%28TACLS-KSPI-Water%29?highlight=KESA

Edited by Mecripp2